Did Dizzy Reed cut all ties with Slash during the GN'R Civil War?

I never post here BUT, today I am.  Only because I have something rock solid to contribute.  So fuck it, here it goes.  This will squash all theories about The Diz & Slash etc. etc.

Im old school GN'R.  Was lucky enough to see original GN'R multiple times during Izzy era.  THATS GNR TO ME.  Post 93 GNR Im not a fan.  Needless to say, I wasn't a Dizzy fan.

I met Diz back in early 2000's and we've been really cool ever since.  I've sat on his busses, drank w/him in dingy bars, met up in various cities.... all that shit.

Here's the deal between Slash and Diz.  Diz loves Slash.  Ive asked Diz directly about this.  They were bigtime drinking partners during the Illusion tours.  Im talking bigtime buds.   This friendship led to Dizzy doing its 5 O'Clock w/ Slash.  They never had a falling out.  The best Illusion stories Diz ever talked about included Slash (This INCLUDED AXL talking about Slash during the negative years) as well.  Axl always tells Slash stories, always had. 

Heres the deal, if your friend brings you into a group, band etc., your going to stick with your original friend.  Bottom line.  There is ZERO animosity between Slash and Dizzy.

I'm very lucky to have met Dizzy, he's a great guy & solid bandmate.  If you're like me, I originally was skeptical as well.  GNR with a keyboard player?  F that!  Lets remember GNR is not metal, and Dizzy is a huge member of GNR.  Now Pitmann,   IDK man.......... LOL

Lets just be happy this shit is going down

They were probably fast friends. They partied and boozed it up, but were not close.

7 hours ago, PhillyKRock said:

Here's the deal between Slash and Diz.  Diz loves Slash. 

If you were to listen to these people, everyone loves everyone, they're all bros and one big family. It's bullshit.

It's a shallow world, filled with shallow people.

The about-face many of them will now do concerning Slash, says it all. At least unlike Del, Dizzy generally kept his mouth shut.

It would be odd if Slash & Duff bury the hatchet with Axl but then they didn't take Dizzy out on the road with them - it wouldn't ruin it but it would be slightly strange.

Also the Illusions were about a change in sound from AFD/Lies - lots of the songs that were written had a real Bluesy, Americana vibe to them - See Double Talkin' Jive, You Aint the First, Dust N Bones etc. (Obviously along with the 3 Big Ballads). They suit having keyboards in them and I think you would of seen keys there regardless of Dizzy joining or not and Axl probably felt he didn't have the chops to do all that work. But having him as an official member makes it tricky doing the older songs - I always wonder if they would of been better off getting someone who could play Keys & Guitar for the position.

Finally with regards to Dizzy - I reckon he never really comments on things much because he joined the band later on. Obviously in the NuGuns era he was the longest standing member aside from Axl but its hard to change your midset. You often see it from people who join popular bands that they leave the original members to make the decisions and often dont make a lot of public comments one way or the other.