Guns N' Roses Albums You Listen to the Most

I just thought about this the other day and I was surprised to discover that I actually listen to Chinese Democracy 3rd out of all G N' R albums.  And I'm one of the biggest original band supporters around.....go figure...lol.....:lol:

This isn't necessarily your favorite G N' R album ranking....just what you find yourself listening to most often.

1. Appetite For Destruction

2. Use Your Illusion II

3. Chinese Democracy

4. G N' R Lies

5. Use Your Illusion I

6. The Spaghetti Incident/Live In Paris  (About a tie)

Edited by Kasanova King

1. Use Your Illusion I/Use Your Illusion II (can't really separate them i listen to songs off both daily)

2. Appetite For Destruction

3. Chinese Democracy (this site has really made me appreciate this album more)

4. GN'R Lies

5. The Spaghetti Incident

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 1

Probably UYI 2

But i mostly listen to live bootlegs because GNR kicked so much ass on stage  :headbang:

I also listen to a lot of outttakes and demos

For a certain period, i was fixated to AFD then i was fixated for the UYI's and Lies and CD

Then i discover the live bootlegs. and the outtakes..

Edited by Strange Broue

Chinese is not a GN'R album, it's an Axl solo album. The true GN'R died in 1991. I listen to Appetite, Lies, and Live Like a Suicide the most, and I have some songs that I still enjoy off of UYI 1/2 and Spaghetti Incident (Right Next Door to Hell, Dust N Bones, Bad Obsession, The Garden, Civil War, 14 Years, Pretty Tied Up, Locomotive, Black Leather, and Hair of the Dog).

• Like 1

Thats not easy as its just depend on the mood but recently i'd say 

1. Use Your Illusion I
  2. The Spaghetti Incident 
  3. Appetite for Destruction
  4. Use Your Illusion 2 
  5. Chinese Democracy 

Was listening VR featuring Axl Rose Mix Messages from Madagascar on a loop the last few weeks. 

Appetite Side 1 honestly gets played probably once a week by me. Not usually the whole album, but I can't tell you the amount of times I feel the need to hear Jungle and just can't stop till I get to Paradise City.

They're all probably pretty equal to me. Appetite is probably at the top, followed by the Illusions, but Lies isn't far behind, as for me its always been the "gem" of the catalog so I regularly put those two EPs on. Its a testament to the band how close all 4 of those real albums are.

I usually rotate between them all, but lately I've been giving the Live Era a spin a bit more just because I'm so fired up for Vegas! Also been watching the UYI live DVDs the last couple weekends...

In my lifetime, I've probably listened to Appetite 3 times more than any other album... No idea how many thousands of times. Still love to listen to it in it's entirety at least once a month...

I guess I listen most to the UYI albums (can't seperate them), because I still think they are (minus the filler) their best work, and simply because most of their work is to be found on those albums. And I suppose for me those two albums aged even better than AFD.

Edited by EvanG

4 hours ago, SWINGTRADER said:

AFD

UYI

Lies

Chinese Democracy is not a GNR album, and it absolutely sucks. Haven't listen to any of the songs since 2008.

If GNR ever get back in the studio and record another album, it would put an end to the awful nightmare that Axl put the GNR name for 20 yrs.

It wouldn't hurt to give CD another try, regardless of your personal opinions on the album or former lineup. Many people find that the album grows on them.

5 hours ago, SWINGTRADER said:

Chinese Democracy is not a GNR album, and it absolutely sucks. Haven't listen to any of the songs since 2008.

I tried. I thought it just awful for the most part.. There were a couple decent songs but that was it.