Can someone in the know please explain to me why this band is still doing FUCK ALL in terms of promotion?

Bobbo

3 minutes ago, tbaugerud said:

The promotion must start sooner rather than later. Just a pic of them back together would get published in most newspapers in the industrial world. It takes zero effort.

Yeah, but if they don't have anything left to do, the picture then leads to nothing. Thats why I think they're actually surprisingly being pretty level headed. You could release a picture, but then tour dates are expected, interviews are expected, and that just might not all be finalized at this point. In that regard, what they are doing right now of saying nothing is better than teasing small things. You'll get the whole "big announcement" when there's actually something to announce. The fact that its been glossed over now doesn't mean I don't think its going to be big when they announce stadiums, its just not exactly the way I'd do it. But with all the behind the scenes, they might not have a choice.

It'd be devastating to have a Black Sabbath type thing, where they do a press conference, announce full reunion, then Bill leaves. Get that shit out of the way now so we know exactly what to expect.

I'm in agreement with Bobbo I feel your frustration on this one, as mentioned in other posts I really don't get the lack of information. 

I'm not even talking promotion, as several people have plainly put it, why bother when there's no need. 

but IMO a little insight would go a long way, who's in, who's out, a rehearsal tweet, whatever. Just a little to keep me going until April. 

Am I bitching, am i crybaby nope, I just have no more patience for something I've waited for over 20 years.

little tip-bits would keep me happy. I mean this in the light heartiest of ways, I haven't lost any sleep over it ...yet. 

• Like 2

Well reading through this thread a lot of you make good points as to why they haven't said anything. At the same time, I feel Bobbos frustration as I too was pissed off at axl cancelling kimmel.

Heres the way I look at it: Literally 8 weeks from the moment I type this for all you people to read, guns n roses will have played and completed BOTH Vegas shows. I would think we would have to get SOMETHING by then. A press conference I find hard to believe but whether it's finally appearing on kimmel or another surprise appearance on Friday night rocks with Eddie Trunk, something pretty much has to happen there as far as interviews and promotion.

I mean knowing GNR who knows and it seems too believable that they'd still say nothing since itd just be so GNR, but There's still too many questions and too many answers needed for something this huge and with this demand. And like some of you have said, we know axl hates doing interviews so it makes sense to do that promotion when it's needed, which doesn't appear to be now since all the shows so far are selling out. If we're sitting here 6 weeks from now and things haven't changed, Bobbo I'm ready to vent with you. But until then, the reality is we need to stay patient as fans.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Well reading through this thread a lot of you make good points as to why they haven't said anything. At the same time, I feel Bobbos frustration as I too was pissed off at axl cancelling kimmel.

Heres the way I look at it: Literally 8 weeks from the moment I type this for all you people to read, guns n roses will have played and completed BOTH Vegas shows. I would think we would have to get SOMETHING by then. A press conference I find hard to believe but whether it's finally appearing on kimmel or another surprise appearance on Friday night rocks with Eddie Trunk, something pretty much has to happen there as far as interviews and promotion.

I mean knowing GNR who knows and it seems too believable that they'd still say nothing since itd just be so GNR, but There's still too many questions and too many answers needed for something this huge and with this demand. And like some of you have said, we know axl hates doing interviews so it makes sense to do that promotion when it's needed, which doesn't appear to be now since all the shows so far are selling out. If we're sitting here 6 weeks from now and things haven't changed, Bobbo I'm ready to vent with you. But until then, the reality is we need to stay patient as fans.

This is very well stated.

• Like 1

Not sure how it's happening but every time I've told someone that I was going to Vegas to see the Guns N' Roses reunion this past week....every single person has said something along the lines of "Oh yeah, I heard about that....seems like it's going to be huge"  And these are not Guns N' Roses fans....so I'm guessing radio stations and other media outlets must be talking about it a lot.

Word is out, so no need to worry, imo.

I get your frustration, as a fan who can't go to any of the announced shows I kind of want something else to go on, an interview or TV appearance would be sweet. I also get why they might want to stay under wraps until Vegas - Axl and Slash together in public for the first time is a big moment and I guess they don't want to squander that on anything that might not be fully under their control.

3 hours ago, tbaugerud said:

I had a dream last night about the first show.

1. It ended after 9 songs. I don't remember why.

2. They played Atlas Shrugged as the last song before the interruption.

If this happens, I'll be scared.

LOL.

On topic:

I have a feeling that Axl didn't do the Kimmel show because he wanted to loose a few more pounds and also be able to answer all the questions about line-ups, new music, tours etc.

I don't think he felt ready.

I need you to lie down on my couch...relax...now, please hum the melody you remember from Atlas Shrugged...very good...now, concentrate...lyrics!  Start piecing together the lyrics you are remembering from the dream...

This is groundbreaking stuff...the first ever dream leak!  ...or, as it's more commonly referred to as, a wet dream!  :)

Well. Yes. You all are cry babies. You know that there is a reunion of sorts, that Axl, Slash and Duff are gonna be there and the first shows are in Vegas in 2 months. That's all you need to know right now. And all your bitching really makes you all look pathetic. As pathetic as all the very smart people who qustioned the reunion when Slash mentioned to a reporter that he's friends with Axl again, as if Slash would let that slip by accident. Everything is going the way it is supposed to go, despite of the bitching of some know it alls.

• Like 3

The sense of entitlement of Gnr fans is ridiculous here. People in this social media age can't accept when someone isn't putting their lives out there in the open. 

Every show is selling out with ease so there would be no point to promoting. Why would the members put themselves through that hassle for nothing and wasting time that could be spent rehearsing. Vegas is just around the corner 

Edited by Stealmylife
  • Like 1

This goes back to what Slash said a few years ago, "it (GNR reunion) will only be cool for 5 min before people lose interest" 

they are saving those 5 minutes for the promotion they will actually need to do. The full US tour will require a lot of promotion. Start complaining about it when they don't promote that, but right now the promotion of 5 sold out shows is going to do nothing but burn people out that might otherwise buy tickets. It's hard to maintain momentum for month after month. The hardcore fans will be there, but this is about capturing the people on the fence about a reunion. 

3 hours ago, Bobbo said:

It apparently hasn't been discussed enough because it still makes not a shred of god damn sense.

Why the fuck aren't they going on Stern and shit? Something to really strut the stuff. Why keep this all buried in mystery? Now out of all times they need to put some fucking leg into it. For once. Jesus Christ :facepalm:

Welcome to Axl Roses world. I wouldn't be shocked if Axl did no rehearsal yet. And i wouldn't be shocked if Axl will cancel the reunion in the last minute. I mean its Axl. Slash, Duff, Steven, Matt, Gilby and Izzy know exactly why they plead the fifth. 

We need to get out head out of fan-boy/girl space and into he average rock fan who will receive the ticker master email a week before on-sale, here local radio talk it up, and maybe get an email or local advertising.  That's enough for most.

i don't expect articles and national promotion and stuff two months away from Coachella and when most shows are rumored.

chill out.  This is rock history.  There is no rule book.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

shows have all sold out so far... why would the promoters spend more money? i know we all wanna see promos cuz were fuckin stoked for april but think about it in a business sense... tickets are selling and thats all that matters

It drums up hype for an incoming tour, and potentially sells copies of their back catalogue - people who do not own it but have been attracted to the hype of the impending reunion?