04/16/2016 Coachella **ANGUS YOUNG JOINS GNR ON STAGE**

Gibbo

4 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I'm gonna say right now do not get your hopes up that GnR's sets at Coachella actually get streamed live.

I'm not so sure GN'R is opposed to let their set be streamed.

Ever since 2001 I can't remember them denying a broadcast of the shows that were filmed professionally.

Rock in Rio 3
Rock Am Ring 2006
KROQ Inland Invasion 2006
Download Festival 2006
Rock in Rio Lisboa 2006
Reading Festival 2010
Rock in Rio 4
+ quite a few of their own PPVs

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spirit said:

Ever since 2001 I can't remember them denying a broadcast of the shows that were filmed professionally.

Rock in Rio 3
Rock Am Ring 2006
Download Festival 2006
Rock in Rio Lisboa 2006
Reading Festival 2010
Rock in Rio 4

The reason I say that is they have a whole stadium tour coming up...they have no reason to allow their show to be broadcast for free.  Now if the tour is announced and tix go on sale prior to that, then things change.  Otherwise, it makes no sense.

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

The reason I say that is they have a whole stadium tour coming up...they have no reason to allow their show to be broadcast for free.  Now if the tour is announced and tix go on sale prior to that, then things change.  Otherwise, it makes no sense.

To be honest, I don't think it will affect the sales even if the tour haven't been announced yet at that time.

People have heard all the songs a million times, they don't buy a ticket to experience new music.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

I'm gonna say right now do not get your hopes up that GnR's sets at Coachella actually get streamed live.

I agree. Big risk for very little reward if the performance is less than perfect.

1 hour ago, Spirit said:

Rock in Rio 3
Rock Am Ring 2006
Download Festival 2006
Rock in Rio Lisboa 2006
Reading Festival 2010
Rock in Rio 4

The problem I have is that there's... pretty much only one show on that list that is highly regarded (Rock Am Ring). The others were quite disappointing for the most part.

5 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

The problem I have is that there's... pretty much only one show on that list that is highly regarded (Rock Am Ring). The others were quite disappointing for the most part.

There are quite a few shows given the go-ahead by the band after Rock Am Ring, so I'm not sure that affects their decision now.

58 minutes ago, Spirit said:

There are quite a few shows given the go-ahead by the band after Rock Am Ring, so I'm not sure that affects their decision now.

I wasn't suggesting that was the case. That was a great gig.

I was suggesting that the shows after RAR would be affecting their decision making now - namely disasters Bridge School and RIR4 that were much more recent. 

5 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

I wasn't suggesting that was the case. That was a great gig.

I was suggesting that the shows after RAR would be affecting their decision making now - namely disasters Bridge School and RIR4 that were much more recent. 

Yes, that's what I meant too.

Several shows were given the go-ahead after RAR. You would think that after the first "bad" gig after RAR they would stop doing the streams/broadcasts, but they didn't.

21 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Yes, that's what I meant too.

Several shows were given the go-ahead after RAR. You would think that after the first "bad" gig after RAR they would stop doing the streams/broadcasts, but they didn't.

There is a lot more money riding on the reunion tour than anything since the UYI tours. I would expect that to affect the decision making process.

To me, it makes perfect sense for them TO show it as much as it does NOT to.

You obviously show it because: it gives people a chance to see what the tour will be like, it puts Coachella all over the web as the ones providing it to the world, its the triumphant return that becomes a moment in their long history. People can place a video and image to the moment the band "came back".

You obviously don't show it because: it could be an absolute trainwreck, it lessens the excitement and people feel they just need to see that instead of actually going to the shows, Coachella already sold out so to them it doesn't matter if the rest of the world sees it or not, the band themselves are just plain not sure how its gonna go so if it ends up falling apart after Coachella at least they didn't broadcast what appeared to be a comeback only to be nothing.

I do think they show it, just cause how could you not, but again there's enough demand that maybe it helps them to not have the whole world see. Personally, I just don't get why you even do Coachella if you're not planning it to be a big reveal to the world. You might as well just announce a tour and do this whole thing on your own terms.

1 hour ago, TheSeeker said:

Axl cancelling the Kimmel appearance along with all the secrecy has me ready for the worst

I really don't think that means anything. Mainly cause if it didn't sound good I don't know why Duff and Slash would stay and embarrass themselves. They could leave now and look like great guys in the press saying "Axl wasn't ready and we bailed." Sure they probably need/want the money, but I doubt they'll tour with a singer that sounds awful.

The secrecy makes sense with who we're talking about. The Kimmel thing, as I've said before, I think was a misstep and seemed like an early plan that went too far too quickly. I'm far from defending the GNR camp, but with all thats happened I think that really was a plan that was always gonna be up in the air, and then it got leaked and kind of blew up and then looked worse than it actually was when it didn't happened. Had Mitch Lafon not said anything, had they been planning it to be a surprise or something to announce the week of, and Axl just didn't feel ready or have all the answers like band members, it could have been swept under the rug very easily. Kimmel HAD to mention it on his show once the rumors got out of control, so I really do think that cancellation was blown up to be more than it actually was.

Also, and maybe I'm becoming delusional, I feel if it was a sign of something bad, Axl or someone would have come out and said "stick with us! We made a mistake but we promise it'll pay off!" Their silence has almost become a "think what you want, we'll do this semi-quietly and its gonna be great." Like, they could go out of their way to defend what looked like a very bad Kimmel thing and they kind of just trudged on, almost confident enough in themselves that they didn't have to answer to it. But again, maybe a delusion.

34 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I really don't think that means anything. Mainly cause if it didn't sound good I don't know why Duff and Slash would stay and embarrass themselves. They could leave now and look like great guys in the press saying "Axl wasn't ready and we bailed." Sure they probably need/want the money, but I doubt they'll tour with a singer that sounds awful.

Duff just toured with Axl for a year - he knows that Axl's voice is a problem, but he still stuck with him

3 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Duff just toured with Axl for a year - he knows that Axl's voice is a problem, but he still stuck with him

Its different, or else I want to convince myself its different. So many things though: first of all, it wasn't a year, it was a few months. Second of all, Duff was doing Axl a favor. I would think if this involves Slash and its a semi reunion, this is a little more serious. Didn't really matter how Axl sounded when Duff was there last year. It was Duff's gesture that was the big thing. Also, didn't people say Axl sounded quite good at those shows? At least the Vegas ones? Furthermore, Duff was the one who got Axl to OPEN with You Could Be Mine! It shows Duff has power and isn't just going along with it. He's changing things, for the better. I have no doubt that if he can do stuff like that, he can also have a heart to heart with Axl about showing up, and more importantly Axl wanting to show Duff that he can return the favor. It works out for all of them.

Again, maybe its a fantasy, but I do think its more than a little realistic that all those things combined show this is something different and that Duff wouldn't sign onto it unless it was gonna be good.

10 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Its different, or else I want to convince myself its different. So many things though: first of all, it wasn't a year, it was a few months. Second of all, Duff was doing Axl a favor. I would think if this involves Slash and its a semi reunion, this is a little more serious. Didn't really matter how Axl sounded when Duff was there last year. It was Duff's gesture that was the big thing. Also, didn't people say Axl sounded quite good at those shows? At least the Vegas ones? Furthermore, Duff was the one who got Axl to OPEN with You Could Be Mine! It shows Duff has power and isn't just going along with it. He's changing things, for the better. I have no doubt that if he can do stuff like that, he can also have a heart to heart with Axl about showing up, and more importantly Axl wanting to show Duff that he can return the favor. It works out for all of them.

Again, maybe its a fantasy, but I do think its more than a little realistic that all those things combined show this is something different and that Duff wouldn't sign onto it unless it was gonna be good.

Maybe Axl's dying? That's the only reason Queen did one last tour in 1986 - Freddie was dying and wanted to go out on top.

It would also be a good reason for him and Slash to let bygones be bygones.

6 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

Maybe Axl's dying? That's the only reason Queen did one last tour in 1986 - Freddie was dying and wanted to go out on top.

It would also be a good reason for him and Slash to let bygones be bygones.

in 1986 freddie didn't know yet he had hiv.

he discovered it after the end of the magic tour..

• 1 month later...