04/16/2016 Coachella **ANGUS YOUNG JOINS GNR ON STAGE**

Gibbo

Well, Axl is prepared already. Singing like he did saturday is enough to satisfy most hardcores, and tbh blow away most casuals - a 54 year old wailing like he did in Vegas is not really common. Reviews have been great all around, and imo Axl sounds great and is noticeably improving so far.

The only thing that could lead to a disaster is some illness that severely impairs his vocal ability such as a massive strep throat or shit like that. In that case, I reckon they would know in advance with time enough to stop it from being streamed, no?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, koldweather said:

Lol magic tour happened because the band basically delivered the best gig ever at Live Aid. It basically inspired them to go at it again. 

Hopefully these shows fire Guns up in the same way.

That's right, they were concentrating on solo stuff but Live Aid was so good it made them want to tour again and sadly it was the last tour.

1 hour ago, axlsend said:

That's right, they were concentrating on solo stuff but Live Aid was so good it made them want to tour again and sadly it was the last tour.

Thank god Freddie recorded so much before he passed. There's a story about recording Show Must Go On, he downed a shot of vodka then nailed it in one take.

/offtopic

1 hour ago, MrSoftie said:

Thank god Freddie recorded so much before he passed. There's a story about recording Show Must Go On, he downed a shot of vodka then nailed it in one take.

/offtopic

Freddie did like his vodka! Brian said as his body weakened his voice grew stronger. He was wearing 3 layers of clothes for "Slightly Mad". He was great, a sad, sad loss.

I've still got my Christmas card off him.:heart:

/offtopic

Edited by axlsend
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, axlsend said:

There are some similarities.

Freddie and the band seemed to lose alot of energy and bother during the Works tour and the 1985 leg was barring the last few shows very slack (I suppose Rock in rio was ok) and they seemed to just want rid of the tour. Freddie's voice for last chunks of it was average to sometimes downright awful (bascially it emulates Axls 11-14 period, a few random highlights, but alot of really poor performances. Live Aid then happened and fired them up.

Come the Magic tour and Freddie and trhe band pretty much smash it. The Wembley gig is probably one of the weakest of the lot, but the energy of those early Magic tour gigs is electric, they did two early gigs at Leiden which VERY much have a similar energy to these Las Vegas shows we've just seen from Guns.

Anyway bring on Coachella!

Coachella Setimes have been posted

Here are the set times for Saturday, April 16.

Coachella stage

2:30-3:10 p.m. Moon Taxi

3:35-4:25 p.m. Gary Clark Jr.

4:55-5:45 p.m. Run the Jewels

6:10-7 p.m. CHVRCHES

7:35-8:30 p.m. Disclosure

9:05-10 p.m. Ice Cube

10:30 p.m. Guns N' Roses

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Original said:

Other than Guns, Ice and Clark Jr I've literally never heard of any of those bands/people. 

There is some really quality stuff there, whole main stage is great starting with Gary Clark Jr until the end. You probably don't like electronic music but Disclosure is awesome live, Chvrches (possibly the worst name ever) is fun too, Run the Jewels is really high energy rap group. 

Whoever is going from this forum will have great time if they plan on camping on main stage. 

On 4/12/2016 at 4:27 PM, axlsend said:

Freddie did like his vodka! Brian said as his body weakened his voice grew stronger. He was wearing 3 layers of clothes for "Slightly Mad". He was great, a sad, sad loss.

I've still got my Christmas card off him.:heart:

/offtopic

Intriguing. Were you part of his circle?

Sorry for going off topic, but that is pretty cool!