04/16/2016 Coachella **ANGUS YOUNG JOINS GNR ON STAGE**

Gibbo

17 minutes ago, tajandreas said:

If we're being fair Slash needs to shed some pounds as well. Duff should put them on a workout routine lol. 

I agree with you. The difference is Axl is the face and voice of the band. And even though he is sounding great, there is a correlation between being fit and good vocals. If he was in better shape, he would be able to hit those hard notes with less effort. If we want to witness the whole GNR experience, he is going to have to occupy every bit of that stage and maintain the voice. That is not easy to do in a 2-3 hour set. GNR songs are hard to sing.

1 minute ago, koldweather said:

From what I've heard this is a super concert, better than the two las Vegas gigs, though a touch 'donald duck' like at times :P (makes a change from Mickey!)

In all honesty though, its great to hear Axl putting his all into songs, Civil War sounded good and KOHD had some great moments before the audience section where Axl is really inventive with his vocals (all raspy of course!)

Kinda wish the whole set was streamed, instead of just Jungle & November Rain, but such is life.. Donald Duck > Mickey Mouse.. It's really cool to hear Axl giving it his all, haven't found Civil War or KOHD yet..

21 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

PC with good sound! and all smiles Axl :D

Too fast. Just too damn fast. The tempo is so key in Appetite songs. 

Very good performance of the song, but the tempo hurts all the good things about the  performance.

p.s Axl's voice is brilliant. Missedt the rasp in some parts, but consistent for the most part. I am sure that will improve as he goes along.

3 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Is Axl smoking here? Isnt that bad for his voice?

What kind of watch is that? Looks awesome?

And why is that guy touching him????

I dont see the ciggy, but from wht I heard Axl does smoking before the show but I dunno if He is still do it anymore....

22 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

PC with good sound! and all smiles Axl :D

To all people dissing Frank for playing upbeat tempo which he is... Slash here started Paradise City way too fast.. I mean just why...??

And take a look at 7:41 !!! Axl falls...he stumbles upon the chair going backwards...OMG poor Axl.. he as fallen in the past few years on tour like 4532567567543 times... And then Slash helps him... I mean why just why does that keep happening to him always..even with a broken foot!!!!!!!!!!!

12 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

what do you people on here think about the stage? the huge screens,  is it awesome and does it work or do you say noo it's too much? or lame or whatever

its fucking awesome..reminds me of UYI tour..they should make that screen for their official tour and project album covers like UYI on that...

6 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

Too fast. Just too damn fast. The tempo is so key in Appetite songs. 

Very good performance of the song, but the tempo hurts all the good things about the  performance.

p.s Axl's voice is brilliant. Missedt the rasp in some parts, but consistent for the most part. I am sure that will improve as he goes along.

maybe they were close to the curfew? 

6 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

To all people dissing Frank for playing upbeat tempo which he is... Slash here started Paradise City way too fast.. I mean just why...??

And take a look at 7:41 !!! Axl falls...he stumbles upon the chair going backwards...OMG poor Axl.. he as fallen in the past few years on tour like 4532567567543 times... And then Slash helps him... I mean why just why does that keep happening to him always..even with a broken foot!!!!!!!!!!!

The moment Slash helps Axl is heartwarming... Im still waiting for Him to hugs Axl though

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 1