04/16/2016 Coachella **ANGUS YOUNG JOINS GNR ON STAGE**

Gibbo

So, in this review the band is basically criticized for being on time, not throwing a tantrum and not provoking the audience..oh, and Axl is being checked for daring to being badly injured and probably in pain but still being able to deliver the goods. Well.....I am probably not going to take this review into consideration. 

Edited by oaka
Grammar mistake
  • Like 3

Not too happy with Slash now. I like the simplicity the two-guitar lineup brings and the overall more bluesy style of the songs in 2016 compared to 2001-2014, but it seems to me Slash is not as good as he used to be back in the 80s and 90s. I have listened to Conspirators fans claiming his playing is as good as ever, well, I see little sign of that. He migght be a faster player with a few more skills now, but his ability to put the exact right note at the exact right place, which gave me countless eargasms back in the day, seem to have suffered. And his This I Love solo: where's the guy who would come up with iconic solos on first take and then stick to those? He seems to be winging it. I haven't really paid much attention to his live playing the last couple of decades but I don't think this is good enough if this is his current level. He sounded better at Troubadour and Las Vegas, though, so maybe I am being too rash and harsh. But at Coachella he is a bit all over the place with bum notes, bad bends and bad timing. The lead guitar is at times grating. It's cool and all that to see him up there but I was hoping for better playing. It might be a bit unfair of me to compare him with Bumblefoot who is just incredible but I hope Slash was just having a bad day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Not too happy with Slash now. I like the simplicity the two-guitar lineup brings and the overall more bluesy style of the songs in 2016 compared to 2001-2014, but it seems to me Slash is not as good as he used to be back in the 80s and 90s. I have listened to Conspirators fans claiming his playing is as good as ever, well, I see little sign of that. He migght be a faster player with a few more skills now, but his ability to put the exact right note at the exact right place, which gave me countless eargasms back in the day, seem to have suffered. And his This I Love solo: where's the guy who would come up with iconic solos on first take and then stick to those? He seems to be winging it. I haven't really paid much attention to his live playing the last couple of decades but I don't think this is good enough if this is his current level. He sounded better at Troubadour and Las Vegas, though, so maybe I am being too rash and harsh. But at Coachella he is a bit all over the place with bum notes, bad bends and bad timing. The lead guitar is at times grating. It's cool and all that to see him up there but I was hoping for better playing. It might be a bit unfair of me to compare him with Bumblefoot who is just incredible but I hope Slash was just having a bad day.

Yeah I would have never believed that Slash was gonna be the weakest link. Assumed it would have been Axl. But I think Slash does well on most tracks, including e.g. Coma.

1 minute ago, Bumble's Bridge Pickup said:

Yeah I would have never believed that Slash was gonna be the weakest link. Assumed it would have been Axl. But I think Slash does well on most tracks, including e.g. Coma.

Yes, Coma is really good, and many more. I was probably nitpicking, and I almost regret my post.

25 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Let me get this straight. You admit you haven't paid much attention to Slash the last 20 years,  which means you know fuck all. You go on to basically claim the exact opposite of what everyone who has been paying attention to Slash the last 20 years have been saying by saying he's worse now. Riiiight.  You also say it's not really fair to compare Slash to Bumblefoot in terms of playing GnR songs because Bumblefoot is just incredible. 

WTF :facepalm:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bono said:

Let me get this straight. You admit you haven't paid much attention to Slash the last 20 years,  which means you know fuck all. You go on to basically claim the exact opposite of what everyone who has been paying attention to Slash the last 20 years have been saying by saying he's worse now. Riiiight.  You also say it's not really fair to compare Slash to Bumblefoot in terms of playing GnR songs because Bumblefoot is just incredible. 

WTF :facepalm:

Not sure I understand what your problem with my post is. I am comparing Slash's playing at Coachella with his playing back in the 80s and 90s, and I am disappointed.  And yes, it is wrong of me to expect Slash to be as good as Bumblefoot.

1 hour ago, Schwarzgold said:

I must be a small minority. I'm just a happy bunny these days and can't complain. :(

You're not alone. I'm a happy bunny, too!

Only thing I hope for is that they'll have a concert not too far from me at some point and that ticket prices won't be crazy. In the meanwhile, I am loving the footage from Vegas and Coachella, and hopefully some kind soul will periscope Mexico. I guess I am not an artist - I don't really notice any of the band members being "off". I think they're doing great!

• Like 1