04/16/2016 Coachella **ANGUS YOUNG JOINS GNR ON STAGE**

Gibbo

1 minute ago, the-estranged-girl said:

The schedule on the official website and youtube shows only 15 minutes of GNR.

Coachella confirmed they're streaming GNR. They just didn't say for how long. So technically yes, GNR is being streamed. Even if all we get is 15 minutes. Which is better than nothing.

Edited by Billsfan

22 minutes ago, DIST said:

watching the live stream now reminds me how sad the state of music is today...and how people will cheer any buffoons on stage.

What did you watch? I watched Mavis Staples, Health and now Bob Moses. Never heard of any of those 3 and all of them were really good. Waiting for Foals :D 

Just now, James Bond said:

So they're only streaming the last fifteen minutes? I realize after midnight is technically Sunday which is probably why it's listed as such, but that just seems bizarre.

I don't think it's live. The stream ends at 1255, while their real set ends at 1250 at the latest.

More likely a selection of songs from earlier in the evening. 15 mins would only make room for 2-3 songs though.

Just now, James Bond said:

So they're only streaming the last fifteen minutes? I realize after midnight is technically Sunday which is probably why it's listed as such, but that just seems bizarre.

Guns probably requested it that way. Maybe they struck a deal similar to what they had in 2010 with the BBC. 

Know they've previously done rio, rock am ring etc. and let them broadcast the full show but I guess they are trying to be secretive and keep everything in house so... 

Hopefully we get a cool non single included in the 15 mins, but I doubt it.

• Like 1

Just now, Spirit said:

I don't think it's live. The stream ends at 1255, while their real set ends at 1250 at the latest.

More likely a selection of songs from earlier in the evening. 15 mins would only make room for 2-3 songs though.

Gotcha. On the plus side it means they can pick the best sounding 2-3 songs (Jungle will be one for sure) and we'll get some new pro-shot footage. Too bad it's not the full thing but I can understand them not wanting to.

I guess I'll wait till the U.S tour starts. Watching a bunch of idiots just standing there in the crowd just looking at GNR, and not reacting at all, will make if dull.

I would have preferred a medley outside of the Jimmy Kimmel studio( ala Van Hale n) over this stupid event. 

3 minutes ago, Sajus said:

This would seem to indicate the stream will happen

image.png

If you scroll further down, do you see the set times for all the stages?

EDIT: I just went to the idigitaltimes.com article. That is just the set times of the performances, not the streaming schedule. Unfortunately. 

Edited by Spirit

3 minutes ago, Spirit said:

If you look at it on the site all the previous show times on different days all have start and end times however the closing gigs all have no end time. 

Who knows it may not happen! In fact my gut says it won't but this indicates it will! I hope they stream I'll be really disappointed if they don't. I have tickets to the Toronto show but still pro shot vids would be nice 

7 minutes ago, Spirit said:

EDIT: I just went to the idigitaltimes.com article. That is just the set times of the performances, not the streaming schedule. Unfortunately. 

Weird considering it says live stream times

4 minutes ago, Sajus said:

Who knows it may not happen! In fact my gut says it won't but this indicates it will! I hope they stream I'll be really disappointed if they don't. I have tickets to the Toronto show but still pro shot vids would be nice 

The reason I asked if set times for all the stages were listed, is because there are six stages and only 3 live stream channels.

So the times listed there can't be for the streaming schedule.

So I am currently watching channel 1 ( Coachella) on my 50 inch HD TV via Roku player and the YouTube channel. Looks very good. It would be great to watch a live GNR concert on TV for the first time since the 90's. The last time I watched a live GNR concert on Tv was on Pay Per View for the Paris show( I think) Let's hope they show the entire event.