04/16/2016 Coachella **ANGUS YOUNG JOINS GNR ON STAGE**

Gibbo

1 minute ago, MrSoftie said:

Is anybody able to ask the @Coachella twitter account for more details? I have a feeling we'll get a medley.

For sure. It's the logical choice for Guns. They can pick their best 15 minutes (Jungle will surely be one) and Axl won't be under the pressure of knowing he's being live streamed all night. We've seen enough of these type of events to know that they often don't go well for Axl and I assume it just makes him nervous.

1 minute ago, SWINGTRADER said:

So I am currently watching channel 1 ( Coachella) on my 50 inch HD TV via Roku player and the YouTube channel. Looks very good. It would be great to watch a live GNR concert on TV for the first time since the 90's. The last time I watched a live GNR concert on Tv was on Pay Per View for the Paris show( I think) Let's hope they show the entire event.

What do you think of Foals? They're a good band!

10 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

Fuck yeah, Foals are on. Do yourselves a favour guys, they're a high-energy "indie" act (as much as I hate the label) and Yannis Philippakis has a wonderful voice.

Foals are amazing. Can't wait for The Last Shadow Puppets, Underworld and LCD Soundsystem :lol: 

3 minutes ago, valengf said:

Aren't we like 4 hours to the concert ? Why is it so difficult to know if it's gonna be streamed or not goddamn it, what the fuck is going oon

It's not....people refuse to believe the damn schedule that is posted showing they are streaming 15 minutes starting at 3:40 AM EST.  

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 1

And according to Eddie Trunk, the only promotion Axl intends to do is an interview with him.

This is not how I ever expected a reunion with Axl and Slash would be handled. I always thought there would be interviews and performances on late shows. 

Not even an interview with Howard Stern.

Edited by SWINGTRADER

5 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

And according to Eddie Trunk, the only promotion Axl intends to do is an interview with him.

This is not how I ever expected a reunion with Axl and Slash would be handled. I always thought there would be interviews and performances on late shows. 

Not even an interview with Howard Stern.

Which I don't understand at all. The mystery shit with the no talking/interviews were great for their first few shows, but now that they've played some shows and it's not a big surprise anymore, not doing press is only gonna hurt them. Why do they want to stay hidden so bad, but yet expect  to sell out stadiums across the country?

27 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

They don't do anything for me, but they are probably good for their scene. I am just not into it. It is a generational thing I suppose.

I'm with you. I went to their show in Argentina 2011 and it was booooooring as hell.

3 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

Podcast.

He said it was the only promotion he intended to do?

Didn't Axl just say that they should do an interview soon? I can't remember him implying or straight out saying it would be an exclusive.

Edited by Spirit

The last 3 Axl interviews have been 2 with Trunk and 1 with Kimmel. He recently canceled his appearance with Kimmel, that only leaves Trunk. 

Axl will most likely not speak with anyone else, unless Kurt Loder pops up from somewhere.

If Axl was so open about interviews, he would have given Trunk an interview before or after the Vegas show. Instead, he is making plans for a future interview with Trunk. If he is being that way with someone he fully trusts, what do you think will happen with someone else? No way Axl is going to allow people to ask him about Slash. That is why he would never do an interview with Stern.

11 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

The last 3 Axl interviews have been 2 with Trunk and 1 with Kimmel. He recently canceled his appearance with Kimmel, that only leaves Trunk.

What? Kimmel was in 2012, TMS and Billboard in 2011, Del James (for Billboard) in 2009 (plus the forum chats in 2008), and he did 2-3 radio interviews after Trunk in 2006...
I mean I think his next interview will probably be with Eddie Trunk (maybe with at least Duff with him?), but I think you've missed a few of his interviews... :P

23 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

Axl will most likely not speak with anyone else, unless Kurt Loder pops up from somewhere.

If Axl was so open about interviews, he would have given Trunk an interview before or after the Vegas show. Instead, he is making plans for a future interview with Trunk. If he is being that way with someone he fully trusts, what do you think will happen with someone else? No way Axl is going to allow people to ask him about Slash. That is why he would never do an interview with Stern.

In other words, you're just assuming. It's not "according to Eddie Trunk, the only promotion Axl intends.."

He could still be on a late night talkshow, do an interview in Rolling Stone, do radio interviews with the local stations (he did some of those both in 2002 and 2006).

Though, he might not do any of those things, but neither Axl nor Eddie has said anything on that matter.

I listened to the Eddie Trunk podcast last night & got so tired of the "I have exclusive information that I cannot share but you might know it by the time you listen to this", on and on all the time about the secret news he was keeping from us & Axl told him not to tell anyone blah blah blah.

Why not just shut up & not go on about it, makes him sound like a real bore. Once would be enough but ok we get it, you're "in Axl's circle" and know things but stop throwing it at us all the time. Had to laugh that he met "Maggie" from Walking Dead & she didn't know who Eddie was.

Is he famous in the USA? I just took it for granted he was but now I'm wondering if he's only famous amongst the heavy metal type music.

Just now, rock4eva said:

I listened to the Eddie Trunk podcast last night & got so tired of the "I have exclusive information that I cannot share but you might know it by the time you listen to this", on and on all the time about the secret news he was keeping from us & Axl told him not to tell anyone blah blah blah.

Why not just shut up & not go on about it, makes him sound like a real bore. Once would be enough but ok we get it, you're "in Axl's circle" and know things but stop throwing it at us all the time. Had to laugh that he met "Maggie" from Walking Dead & she didn't know who Eddie was.

Is he famous in the USA? I just took it for granted he was but now I'm wondering if he's only famous amongst the heavy metal type music.

Hell no he isn't famous outside of the music world....and specifically the hard rock world.   

• Like 1

Just now, -W.A.R- said:

does anybody know what channel they will be on?

I've got you tube on but if it's going to be 10.30 in 2 hrs it's either way behind or not the actual concert. It's daylight yet the current time in California is 8.30pm? Are GnR coming on around 10.30 or was that someone guessing?