Better Call Saul - Season 2 Discussion [SPOILERS]

Powerage5

Amazing amazing amazing episode. That Tuco callback, the hotel room gun sale, Crazy 8.... On top of which, I think we got the beginning of Saul Goodman's existence. "It'll be like James M. McGill, Esq., never existed."

Kinda sad that at this point we for sure won't be seeing Tuco for a good while. Fingers crossed we get Gus before too long.

18 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Amazing amazing amazing episode. That Tuco callback, the hotel room gun sale, Crazy 8.... On top of which, I think we got the beginning of Saul Goodman's existence. "It'll be like James M. McGill, Esq., never existed."

Kinda sad that at this point we for sure won't be seeing Tuco for a good while. Fingers crossed we get Gus before too long.

A lot of people are speculating that the person Mike is talking to in next week's preview is Gus, but I think that would be too easy. They never show their hand in the previews for the next episode.

I think it's possible that we'll see Gus before the end of this season though.

There's a discussion on Reddit about how the series should end, my favorite was someone who said Gene is working at Cinnabon with his back to the counter when he hears someone say "Yo, bitch! What's a guy gotta do to get a cinnamon roll around here?" :lol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

A lot of people are speculating that the person Mike is talking to in next week's preview is Gus, but I think that would be too easy. They never show their hand in the previews for the next episode.

I think it's possible that we'll see Gus before the end of this season though.

There's a discussion on Reddit about how the series should end, my favorite was someone who said Gene is working at Cinnabon with his back to the counter when he hears someone say "Yo, bitch! What's a guy gotta do to get a cinnamon roll around here?" :lol:

Oh man that would be EPIC. I'm not sure if I want Walt and/or Jesse to end up with appearances in this show. What feels so marvelous about it is the way that they keep the references subtle and real, not forced TV-esque callbacks. Hearing Jesse say that without actually seeing him would be a magnificent way to tie this thing off.

I'll be curious to see how long this show goes. BrBa was only 5 seasons, I'll be interested to see if this one gets that far or farther.

2 hours ago, axlslash said:

Oh man that would be EPIC. I'm not sure if I want Walt and/or Jesse to end up with appearances in this show. What feels so marvelous about it is the way that they keep the references subtle and real, not forced TV-esque callbacks. Hearing Jesse say that without actually seeing him would be a magnificent way to tie this thing off.

I'll be curious to see how long this show goes. BrBa was only 5 seasons, I'll be interested to see if this one gets that far or farther.

Well, the thing is they've said BCS takes place before, during and after Breaking Bad. So if some of it will take place during BrBa, it's pretty much unavoidable that Walt and Jesse will show up in some context.

37 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Well, the thing is they've said BCS takes place before, during and after Breaking Bad. So if some of it will take place during BrBa, it's pretty much unavoidable that Walt and Jesse will show up in some context.

One suggestion that I heard get thrown out at a point was that, at some point early in his career, Saul goes to get his car washed, and Walt just happens to be the attendant who details his car. I think that sort of cameo would be much better than any substantive plot involvement. I think they're absolutely going to show up, but I'd like it to be that sort of passing appearance.

And I'm not sure that I necessarily believe everything they've said about the timeline. I think they want to preserve their options, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't do much to get into the "during BrBa" window.

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 8:22 AM, Powerage5 said:

Jesus Christ, they're going so deep with these callbacks. I just watched this episode last week in my Breaking Bad rewatch and that reference still went over my head.

Sam here. I just re watched BB a couple weeks ago and missed that one.

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

Not one of the better episodes so far. BUT...that final scene!

Hidden Content

I really liked it. They've started the ball rolling toward some of the bigger pieces: Jimmy is impulsive, Mike's new buddy from the final scene, making Jimmy's corruption more understandable than just "he breaks the rules" with the whole greasing-the-wheels piece.

I marked out hard as a motherfucker at that final scene. I cannot fucking wait for next week now.

1 hour ago, MrPoe said:

Another thing. Is is no AfterMASH. It stands fully on it's own, beautifully shot, and has it's own character. It eventually HAS to evolve into BB, but it's good to see it's not trying to ape that show.

It doesn't have to evolve into BrBa so much as it has to set it up. Jimmy has to become Saul, certainly, but the show has a different tone, and j don't think it'll lose that as the characters build. I definitely think this episode was the least like BrBa so far, which made the explosive last scene so much better. 

My guess now is that we're going to get Gus in the season finale, though who knows at this point? I'm just positively loving the ride. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, axlslash said:

Man oh man oh man. I just watched the teaser for next week's, and the reveal at the end of it made me shit myself harder than the end of this week's episode. Cannot. Fucking. Wait.

I know, right?!? The fucking twins!!!

• Like 1