Better Call Saul - Season 2 Discussion [SPOILERS]

Powerage5

I think how Jimmy responds is what matters more than what actually happened. I'd kind of like it if we never know if Chuck lives or dies, Jimmy just runs away from his life and never looks back. Honestly I'd like that, and then have the series finale in a few years be Chuck finding Saul in the Cinabun because he's been investigating Jimmy the whole time.

On April 13, 2016 at 8:53 AM, axlslash said:

Reveal hidden contents

I think how Jimmy responds is what matters more than what actually happened. I'd kind of like it if we never know if Chuck lives or dies, Jimmy just runs away from his life and never looks back. Honestly I'd like that, and then have the series finale in a few years be Chuck finding Saul in the Cinabun because he's been investigating Jimmy the whole time.

Yeah i don't see how that would work, considering he never leaves Albuquerque. 

This show really needs to pick up the pace next season. I let it slide last year, but now I'm contemplating giving up. A 10 episode season after a ten month hiatus, and barely anything moved forward. You can't be this slow when you only have such a limited time to capitivate an audience. Two (or was it three?) episodes of Mike just stalking Hector around with no pay off? Wtf? And that cliffhanger was something that would've worked well for a "see what happens next week!" kinda episode. Not a "come back in a year and see how Chuck will maybe fuck over Saul". I even could've maybe understood if this was a FOX or ABC show that would be back on in three months. But ten months? No. That's the reason the ratings keep going down. You can't expect to hold people's interest a year from now going out on a mouse fart.

Again, the show may be solid overall by spin off standards. But more and more I wish they would've made the spin off a prequel focusing mainly on Gus and Mike, with the origins of Saul as a side storyline. That would've been much more interesting. I've said from day one Saul's a great secondary character, but there's not enough star power in him, or Odenkirk for that matter, to carry on a whole show. And this season all but totally solidified that belief. I'll give it a few episodes next year, and if nothing ups the ante by then, I'm giving up. But people still claiming this is on par with Breaking Bad are on crack.

• Like 2

I like the finale. It was ballsy to write it that way before they knew for sure that season 3 was for sure happening, but glad it worked out.

The Chuck storyline went in a totally different direction than I expected, and I love where they're going with it. The hospital oner with the go-pro was fucking brilliant.

LOVE the Gus intro (I assume). You never see him, but you know he's Mike's equal, and you know that he wants to be the one to take out Salamanca. Just a beautiful way to slow-burn Gus into the story (again, assuming).

Is it February yet? I NEED MORE!

12 hours ago, WhazUp said:

It was a slow burner this season in the best way possible.  I thought that it was even better than the first season personally

Couldn't agree more. When all is said and done, this is the type of season you could pick apart forever looking for clues. 

• 2 weeks later...