Better Call Saul - Season 2 Discussion [SPOILERS]

Powerage5

17 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Awesome start to season 2. They're doing such a good job of reintroducing old Breaking Bad characters without making it seem shoe-horned in. Plus another flash forward. Can't wait for next week (Even though I won't be able to watch until Friday :( )

I was disappointed with this episode. I can't say why. It was still great, but probably one of the weakest so far. 

I am hoping there are some surprises with PLAYUH. Reddit predicts Jimmy will represent him against Nacho in a legal case. 

I also fail to see the point in Jimmy refusing the job offer then taking it. That wasted an episode.

On 2/16/2016 at 10:10 PM, Powerage5 said:

Awesome start to season 2. They're doing such a good job of reintroducing old Breaking Bad characters without making it seem shoe-horned in. Plus another flash forward. Can't wait for next week (Even though I won't be able to watch until Friday :( )

Was there a new character in this episode? I didn't catch any new intros...

Not the best episode yet, but a solid start to Season 2. Looking forward to next week.

I love how we keep getting little flash forwards of Sauls life after Breaking Bad. It makes hit harder how much everyones lives were affected by Walt.

I'm really interested to see how Jimmy's and Chucks relationship will continue on throughout this season and to see what Tuco will bring with him when he re appears.

9 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

@axlslash Ken was from Breaking Bad. Remember in Season 1 he cut ahead of Walt at the bank and was just a general dick, so Walt put the windshiled cleaner in his engine and blew up his car? Same guy that Saul conned at the bar.

Holy fucking shit. This show is so damn good.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

@axlslash Ken was from Breaking Bad. Remember in Season 1 he cut ahead of Walt at the bank and was just a general dick, so Walt put the windshiled cleaner in his engine and blew up his car? Same guy that Saul conned at the bar.

Just heard on the BCS Insider Podcast: one of the cops that raids the drug dealer's house at the end is the cop who shows up when Skyler calls the cops on Walt in BB Season 3. AMAZING.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

I haven't seen any of this show, but plan to. How does it compare to Breaking Bad, generally speaking? If it is mainly focused on Saul, is it lighter in tone, as he was always the comic relief?

Its definitely a drama focused on Saul, with more humor than Breaking Bad (Odenkirk's Saul is a much more amusing character than Walt or Jesse) however the show doesn't hinge itself on the humor, and oftentimes the laugh out loud moments are the result of a funny character navigating a tonally dark and depressing atmosphere.

So far I enjoy watching it as much as Breaking Bad's first seaaon. Not sure yet if it stacks up the some of the better moments in BrBa, but it is 100% a worthy spin off, and a fantastic show. It definitely doesn't rely too heavily on its parent show, and sometimes steps out of its shadow with unique and compelling moments

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dan H. said:

Its definitely a drama focused on Saul, with more humor than Breaking Bad (Odenkirk's Saul is a much more amusing character than Walt or Jesse) however the show doesn't hinge itself on the humor, and oftentimes the laugh out loud moments are the result of a funny character navigating a tonally dark and depressing atmosphere.

So far I enjoy watching it as much as Breaking Bad's first seaaon. Not sure yet if it stacks up the some of the better moments in BrBa, but it is 100% a worthy spin off, and a fantastic show. It definitely doesn't rely too heavily on its parent show, and sometimes steps out of its shadow with unique and compelling moments

Awesome. That sounds about what I was hoping the show would be; I was dreading that it was going to go down the "Wacky World Of Saul's Adventures" route, but it sounds as though it still has a serious underbelly to it. I know that Mike is in there, so it must have some moments of killing! :lol:

Last night's episode was EXCELLENT. Love the way they're rolling Jimmy's snowball down the hill towards Saul, and the building tension between him and Kim is just awesome. Also that tease at the end with Mike was amazing - when he got out of the car with the trailers in the background and walked into the warehouse, I was convinced we were getting Gus, but then to have it be Nacho was a magnificent bait-and-switch. I can't wait to see where this season goes.

9 minutes ago, luciusfunk said:

Anyone else notice the toy pig he put batteries in for Kaylee was the same toy he used to distract the guy that killed Chow?

They're doing such a phenomenal job of building in those little easter eggs without beating you over the head with them. It's not all Tuco in the pilot, they really work the subtle ones in nicely.

• Like 1