Duff is playing the Grammys tonight

2. Hearing Motörhead's "Ace of Spades" on national TV.
The Hollywood Vampires, the Sunset Strip supergroup featuring Johnny Depp, Alice Cooper, Joe Perry of Aerosmith, and the Guns N' Roses rhythm section of Matt Sorum and Duff McKagan, have promised to perform a medley of their original song "As Bad As I Am" and the late, great Lemmy's most famous speed metal assault, "Ace of Spades." If we're really lucky, Axl himself will stumble out and duet with Cooper on lead vocals, but even if he doesn't, it will be nice to see the patron saint of the Rainbow Bar & Grill honored by his peers (and fine, Johnny, you can come, too) in front of a prime time audience.

http://www.laweekly.com/music/6-reasons-the-grammys-might-not-suck-this-year-6596581

The one thing I would look out for, just for kicks, is if Duff and Matt walk the red carpet and do any interviews. You can pretty much guarantee they'll be asked about GNR, which could get interesting with duff. Maybe he could fill us in since he usually gives great answers that walk a line so fine axl would be cool with.

12 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

The one thing I would look out for, just for kicks, is if Duff and Matt walk the red carpet and do any interviews. You can pretty much guarantee they'll be asked about GNR, which could get interesting with duff. Maybe he could fill us in since he usually gives great answers that walk a line so fine axl would be cool with.

Good point.  Hopefully they get asked about Guns and give us some answers, especially since it's been total radio silence from all parties.  Can't believe that literally no one has spoke.  As far as Axl making an appearance- zero chance. 

Edited by Estranged1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

No. I think that rumor above ^^^ is just to draw interest to the show and promote it. Axl won't be seen until April at the very least.

What makes you so sure?  Very little risk (Even if he doesn't sound his best, he won't be the only person singing so all the focus won't be on him alone) in performing with another singer on stage at the Grammys, just for a few minutes.... but huge reward in terms of exposure.

9 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

What makes you so sure?  Very little risk (Even if he doesn't sound his best, he won't be the only person singing so all the focus won't be on him alone) in performing with another singer on stage at the Grammys, just for a few minutes.... but huge reward in terms of exposure.

Knowing axls tendencies and how he typically operates, it just seems more likely he wouldn't make an appearance. I mean I like your wishful thinking it just seems more likely that since he rarely makes any appearances before he goes on tour, he'll probably do the same. Plus, he's always been a sensitive guy and with that recent picture leaking of him in sweats leading to a lot of fat jokes, he's probably hoping to hide from the public until April. And he's probably still working out training hard and working on his voice since this reunion is kind of a big deal, so when you think about it, it seems too likely that he won't be making an appearance tonight.

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JeanGenie said:

Is johnny depp any good? I kinda have the feeling that those guys wouldn't play with him if he wasnt johnny depp 

Joe Perry and Alice Cooper actually play with him because he IS good. They both have said that he is more than capable. Depp has also played with Marilyn Manson a handful of times. He has played on Joe Perry's Christmas EP and on Manson's cover version of You're So Vein. Depp has been playing since he was 12 and initially moved to Hollywood to become a musician, not an actor.

At least, that's what I've read. I think he is pretty good.

Edit: Just checked his wikipedia page and he has recorded quite a few songs actually. 

Edited by jekylhyde

Just now, RussTCB said:

Joe, Johnny & Alice are on the E Red Carpet deal right now. No Duff yet, but maybe he's skipping the interviews so it doesn't all become about GN'R instead of the tribute to Lemmy.

Wouldn't shock me in the slightest.

18 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

Anyone else excited for Gaga's Bowie tribute?

I was until I heard Nirvana played with Beck filling in as a tribute in the pre-show Grammys. Now I'm a bit more peeved that got the boot in favor of Gaga's no doubt self indulgent (but probably heartfelt) "shocking" tribute.

1 hour ago, smoking guns said:

Just watched a bunch of his videos. Seems VERY average. Like beginner to intermediate level tops. 

He's Johnny Depp. Of course everyone is ONLY playing with him cause he's famous. All he has to do is be able to strum along and people will be impressed. And thats not a knock to him. But come on, I doubt he has some hidden talent on the guitar. Its cause he's famous.

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Joe, Johnny & Alice are on the E Red Carpet deal right now. No Duff yet, but maybe he's skipping the interviews so it doesn't all become about GN'R instead of the tribute to Lemmy.

Very suspicious.....hmmm..

4 minutes ago, DIST said:

Very suspicious.....hmmm..

Not suspicious at all. Duff and Matt are afterthoughts in that band. The core members are Depp, Perry, and Cooper. Duff and Matt have never put themselves front and center with that group's promo. Not suspicious in the least. Nothing is happening tonight other than those 5 dudes playing their new song and the Lemmy tribute.