What about a new album?

I am certain they are coming up with new songs during the rehearsal sessions. They have been in rehearsal for a few months now and alot of the time a jam session could of taken place with that much chemistry in the room. Probably no axl vocals but alot of instrumentals and song ideas will be kicked around. 

Another thing slash/duff have been playing the songs without axl over the years at various shows so probably wouldn't need to rehearse that much. 

I am sure they are using all this "rehearsal" time to record stuff for axl to cherry pick what he wants to lay vocals on afterwards.

I think with slash and duff there there will be a new album I don't see money as the main reason for them getting together again. 

I said before we know a reunion was in the works for over a year now and in that time slash has come up with new material with conspirators so maybe there was a few songs from there slash kept aside with GNR in mind. Same goes with duff and izzy's recordings maybe a few songs came from those sessions. Axl has had plenty of time to come up with a few songs too. Because we don't know all the tour dates planned for this year it's hard to see when would be the best time to work on an album. I'm still going to be optimistic for now for new music 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wasted said:

I'm interested to see the mix between Axl's songs and new (rebooted 96) material. But Slash playing Izzy songs with Axl vocals is something the world needs more. We or I need another You Could Be Mine type rocker. 

Izzy has been helping write and record new material. Problem is uncle axl may not want it to see the light of day. I'll bet we'll have to wait for the tour first

We know CD was held back all those years because of Axl's insecurity and his fear of failure. Now that Slash's back, Duff's back and probably Izzy's back (atleast for writing), i think this fear will no longer exist in Axl's mind. He's not alone anymore, he's got all those people that inspired him through the years of classic GNR. I think we will see a new album if things go well. It's just a matter of time, with Slash Duff and Izzy in the mix is a no brainer to release an album IMO

• Like 1