What about a new album?

Do you guys think this will continue on past 2017?

So far the longest timeline we've heard is that they're gearing up for the anniversary celebrations. Then Axl will retire.

There's nothing about plans beyond that.

I hope things can continue on, but not and the expense of SMKC.

I dunno. I'm of the mind that the only way we'll hear a proper "album" again, is if Slash & Duff concede to record on tracks done during the Chi Dem era.  Duff might be an easier sell on that one.  No idea how Slash would feel. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

Do you guys think this will continue on past 2017?

I hope they are testing the waters and then in 2017 they due a full blown Appetite 30th anniversary tour with all 5 original members.. Play the whole fucking thing.. Whatever happens after that won't matter to me.. That would be some serious closure.

Has 2017 actually been brought up by anyone inside or any of the articles? I kind of thought that was something conjured up here. Not that it sounds wrong but just... we've got 6 shows on the books here and Appetite celebration is a full year away. By all accounts it seems they have a US tour ready or close to ready, and depending on these first shows we'll see if that tour happens. But does it really seem logical they are thinking all the way to 2017 and knowing that its an Appetite celebration and all 5 original members? And then you throw in Axl retirement rumors, it just sounds like that could have been an idea someone thought up, sounded good, and now people are running with it like its fact.

There has been zero official info on a new album, 2017, Axl retiring, or AfD 30th anniversary. We only have the 6 current shows and Eddie Money and the Billboard article to go off of.

I do think a new album is more likely now. If this thing is long term, I would bet on it. Slash and Duff are extremely productive and wont pussyfoot around Axl. I also think Axl will be more inspired and excited to work with them compared to guys like DJ. 

I would also expect a new album to contain ideas or even songs from ChiDem 2.They would probably be reworked and completely rerecorded with Slash and Duffa input. I would also expect a few good hard and heavy riff based tracks conpletely new written by Slash, Duff, and Axl. A hybrid album just seems like the quickest and most logical route.

• Like 2

Agreed completely. I was driving around listening to World On Fire earlier for the first time in awhile and forgot how truly solid that was. Slash can still bang out a record like its nobody's business. Duff I can't imagine isn't the same way. The album seems like it would hinge on Axl completely, as it always does, and if he gets a good enough kick in the ass, I feel an album of stuff Slash and Duff have ready combined with Chinese leftovers seems like a more than fair enough compromise. Slash and Duff improve on Axl's material, and Axl exerts effort as well into recording something new with those guys and improving their stuff.

Unfortunately with Guns its never quite as simple as it often seems. That scenario seems perfect but could fall apart at any second, in which case I wouldn't be surprised at all if the reunion turns into the US tour that Billboard said, and Guns just becomes the thing they all come back to every now and then. When Slash wants to make new music, he still has the Conspirators, Axl can choose to do nothing in that downtime or release Chinese II as a solo effort, and then they all regroup when they feel like playing or, unfortunately, just for the cash.

• Like 2

I guess it hasn't been official, but then very little is. It's forum speculation that rings true to me.

Anyway, this is how I'd like things to pan out;

• Guns release new music and continue on past 2017
  • Slash continue on with SMKC, releasing third album in 2017
  • Axl put out a solo album.

This way we get lots of music.

15 hours ago, tbaugerud said:

It is useless to throw around statements like this without any further information.

None of the other forums talk about this anyway, so where did you get it from?

Yes, there is info on another forum.

As far as what "I believe" I live in uhmurika, so yes, actually I can make statements... Wanna bet I am right?

Edited by pacu44

From that teamrock.com article.

http://www.teamrock.com/features/2016-02-19/guns-n-roses-the-real-story-behind-their-return

There is one other tantalising detail to this story. A hint that, if true, would change the complexion of the reunion. The prospect of a new album, or at the very least, some new material. 

“I know they’re doing some recording,” says Vereecke. “They’re definitely doing something there in the studio. Axl hasn’t been there, but Slash is definitely in there and it’s not for anyone else [other than Guns N’ Roses].”

“I hope they’ve done it already [begun recording],” says Niven. “Duff and Izzy were in the studio before Christmas doing stuff. At a casual glance I think they’ve got at least a couple of tracks down. There has to be an element of creativity. Guns N’ Roses is about a spirit, about individuality. It can’t just be purely fiscal. It must be about legacy. After all, you don’t see many hearses with luggage racks.”

• Like 1

Unless they are just finishing up some material they already have and a couple new things. They havent made a totally fresh album since AFD? And even that had Anything Goes from Hollywood rose. 

I remember some promoter at a Vegas residency saying how successful it was, so much so Axl was so happy he was thinking of getting the old band to play the next year. 2014? 

if they are doing original 5 shows then Vegas residency solves or helps a few things with Izzy and Adler and probably makes a ton of money. 

• Like 2

I reckon at the very least they will release a reunion concert DVD/live lp.

They have plenty of time to record an albums worth of new material during the past few months they have been rehearsing together.

The Beatles recorded a album in 1 day I'm sure with motivation guns could of recorded something over the last few months.

It is simple! If they want to do new album, they will do it. If they don't wanna do it, then they won't. 
There is nothing stopping them from putting new album out. 

Facts:

Velvet revolver had new album while they waited for the right singer...

Axl has maybe 3 albums of material...

Slash has songs that he have written for his next solo album...

Duff and Izzy recorded songs not so long ago...

Izzy was involved in writing songs with all sides (Axl, Duff, Velvet Revolver...)

Putting together 8-10 songs for the new GN'R album would be a piece of cake. I hope they do it! New GNR album, a real rocking one! I remember reading somewhere that Rihanna pays about one million dollars for the promotion of new single, so they could cover all of the promotion expenses with few shows they play. Nothing stops them from dominating charts and music world once again. It's up to them...

• Like 1

The only way I would be interested in a new Guns album is if Stradlin writes the lion's share of it since Chinese Democracy and Slash's solo work has been less than scintillating, and Stradlin brings that element of songsmith that counteracts the other two's more cheesier offerings. Izzy's presence would hopefully diminish Axl's overdubs and Slash's 'back to the '80s' obsessive disorders.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The only way I would be interested in a new Guns album is if Stradlin writes the lion's share of it since Chinese Democracy and Slash's solo work has been less than scintillating, and Stradlin brings that element of songsmith that counteracts the other two's more cheesier offerings. Izzy's presence would hopefully diminish Axl's overdubs and Slash's 'back to the '80s' obsessive disorders.

I like CD but outside of VR I've never been able to get down with pretty much anything Slash has done since he left. I agree with your overall point though that I think Izzy would be essential to anything exciting coming musically.

3 hours ago, Ana_1991 said:

It is simple! If they want to do new album, they will do it. If they don't wanna do it, then they won't. 
There is nothing stopping them from putting new album out. 

Facts:

Velvet revolver had new album while they waited for the right singer...

Axl has maybe 3 albums of material...

Slash has songs that he have written for his next solo album...

Duff and Izzy recorded songs not so long ago...

Izzy was involved in writing songs with all sides (Axl, Duff, Velvet Revolver...)

Putting together 8-10 songs for the new GN'R album would be a piece of cake. I hope they do it! New GNR album, a real rocking one! I remember reading somewhere that Rihanna pays about one million dollars for the promotion of new single, so they could cover all of the promotion expenses with few shows they play. Nothing stops them from dominating charts and music world once again. It's up to them...

I like the way you think

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I like CD but outside of VR I've never been able to get down with pretty much anything Slash has done since he left. I agree with your overall point though that I think Izzy would be essential to anything exciting coming musically.

Did you like Anastasia?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I agree. Izzy is the tunes- man. I can't see them pulling a new (or completely new anyway) record without someone of the stature and presence of an Izzy or a Huge.