What is Axl's issue with Perla?

Babooshka

From a recent article.

“There are lots of reasons to re-form now,” says Arlett Vereecke, the LA publicist who has been associated with the band since their early days. “Axl has been saying it for a couple of years, and basically the main reason is that Slash is available without the attachment of a bitchy wife. Axl has being saying for two years that this year he would put it back together. When that divorce was in the making, it went all forward really fast.”  

I get that Perla has a strong personality, but why is there this much disdain for her from people around GNR? Did you get on with her?

• Like 1

Seemed to me like basically she was strong willed and didn't take no guff and basically just outright said things about Axl that most of the band and people around em would skirt around saying with semi-smirks, whereas she just came out with it.  You only need to look at the documentary in the bit where they are talking about the soul leaving Slashs body shit with a certain look on their faces that says 'you all know what we're thinking' :lol:  Every instance of Axl being told the obvious straight up by someone in and around the band was met with similar attack, like Slashs brother or Scott Weiland etc.

Probably a good idea not to presume he has one based on an article though, its just as likely that he couldn't give a flying rats fuck about Perla either way.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

I was actually thinking about a thread like this a few weeks ago, but it just went of my mind.

So well what is the problem between Axl and Perla?

The whole break up thing and all, it was between Axl and Slash and it was due to various reasons, where does Perla comes in between this?

The Divorce and all the things are between Slash and Perla, they were husband and wife and well things din't work out for them.

The only influential thing I see what Perla did in regards to Axl that she told Slash to go to Axl's house and meet him.

From what I know she was a groupie and I assume she is a big GNR fan, so I think she wanted to see Slash and Axl together. 

20 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

You watched that documentary? You big Guns N' Roses fan you.

It'll be the scented candles next, watch, I'll be makin' video blogs fresh out of the shower with my GnR beach-towel on givin' lectures on why Shacklers Revenge is up there with Beethovens 9th :lol:

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Slash787 said:

The whole break up thing and all, it was between Axl and Slash and it was due to various reasons, where does Perla comes in between this?

The Divorce and all the things are between Slash and Perla, they were husband and wife and well things din't work out for them.

The only influential thing I see what Perla did in regards to Axl that she told Slash to go to Axl's house and meet him.

This is what I'm saying. But comments like the one from Arlett, make it seem like Perla was pivotal in holding up the reunion.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19.02.2016 at 5:48 PM, Len B'stard said:

You only need to look at the documentary in the bit where they are talking about the soul leaving Slashs body shit with a certain look on their faces that says 'you all know what we're thinking

Could you elaborate on this story? What was it about and who said it? I wasn't watching the documentary, I admit...

On 3/4/2016 at 11:24 AM, whatashame said:

it was said that in 1992 Slash ODed and Axl believes that the real Slash died back then that night.

The after-1992-OD Slash is just an evil spirit

Axl is legit crazy if this were true. That documentary had a few high brow raising moments in regards to Axl. Just bizarre. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, DarkFairy81 said:

Perla has never had anything good to say about Axl, even though she was not even around or with Slash when he was in the band. I dunno what her problem is, seems like a giant bitch to me.

I'm sure she isn't a bitch, it seems that she is being very fair to Slash in the divorce. No dirty laundry and mud slinging. 

• Like 1

On March 21, 2016 at 7:37 AM, cooker said:

I'm sure she isn't a bitch, it seems that she is being very fair to Slash in the divorce. No dirty laundry and mud slinging. 

She was kind of a douche to axl. Although no one is saying anything including Marc so, ya wonder how far these gag orders went :P

• Like 2

Maybe Perla is too possesive and when she saw Axl-Slash relationship she didn't like it and got jealous.

Sometimes men and their BFF are obnoxious. Some wives can't stand that. But I have a problem with timing because, from what I understand, Perla appears in Slash life after 1995?

Perla wasn't around when Axl and Slash were "lovers" (lol), was she? I get lost with dates!

Maybe their breakup facilitated the reunion because Slash wanted to get back the money he had to pay out in the divorce.  It's expensive to get a divorce in CA, especially when you have kids.

• Like 1

On March 3, 2016 at 11:24 AM, whatashame said:

it was said that in 1992 Slash ODed and Axl believes that the real Slash died back then that night.

That actually made me laugh.  Here I was thinking that one of the craziest things I heard about Axl was when he was in his past lives phase and he believed he was one of the Roman soldiers who crucified Jesus.  

I also never understood the Perla hate.  She is a strong woman who stood by her man and wanted him to be happy and successful.  That doesn't make her a bitch, it makes her a wife.   Seems hypocritical to me that Axl was ok to move forward with Slash because Perla was out of the picture, yet Slash has to still deal with Beta, who is just as strong and has stood by her own man, even to the point of blackmailing him to become his manager. While Perla took her little digs at Axl, Beta did her share as well.  Gimme a fuckin break.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

2 hours ago, Patience 4 Axl said:

That actually made me laugh.  Here I was thinking that one of the craziest things I heard about Axl was when he was in his past lives phase and he believed he was one of the Roman soldiers who crucified Jesus.

never heard that one lol

i remember one about him and Erin being Native Americans and Erin had killed their kid

10 hours ago, Patience 4 Axl said:

He stole that from Clockwork Orange.

On 03/03/2016 at 4:24 PM, whatashame said:

Hmm. A bit like with Paul and The Beatles.

15 hours ago, PappyTron said:

Hmm. A bit like with Paul and The Beatles.

If you think about it all of Axls alleged delusions are somehow tied to something off of rock n roll history or films or the telly.  Funny that.

On 06/04/2016 at 11:32 PM, DieselDaisy said:

TB

695550e70139f10de4e300504bb5bc87.jpg

Her bristols look like they're going on opposite directions.

• Like 2