American Crime Story

xBrownstonex

16 minutes ago, AdriftatSea said:

What is the FFS you are coming at me with? Do you protest yourself to be a feminist as I've seen some of your other posts? You've never addressed any of the men on this board this way. The women on this board are a minority. So you don't agree with me, that's fine. I would never speak to you so disrespectfully. I'm stating my opinion. I'm not asking you to agree with me. If you want to debate, then learn the fuck how!

? I wasn't addressing any of you personally.

5 minutes ago, Angelica said:

? I wasn't addressing any of you personally.

Okay then.  I retract my comments.  And please don't laugh/cry haha. The women on this board must stick together regardless of whether we agree or not. ????

Just now, AdriftatSea said:

Okay then.  I distract my comments.  And please don't laugh/cry haha. The women on this board must stick together regardless of whether we agree or not. ????

Distract.  Retract.  Same thing only different! ???

Edited by AdriftatSea
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AdriftatSea said:

Fuhrman was the Chief Detective. Those cops would have all lied to protect their boss. Lord of The Flies Mentality. Check out this link as well.

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=720944

I'm not asking you to agree with me. I'm stating my opinion. I think he's guilty. But what happened to the knife?  And Fuhrman was a known racist. The murders were so brutal that it had to be someone that knew them. The murders were very personal. The glove issue. Big, fat racist Fuhrman wanting to score! And his henchman wanting to score along with 'The Boss'... do you remember those days. The Rodney King days. Remember the truck driver ripped out of his truck and stomped until he was almost brain dead? Those cops had a vendetta. A vendetta against any black man. 

The knife was likely dropped into an airport garbage bin.  There was an eye witness that said he saw OJ throw a bag into a garbage bin just before he entered the airport.  For reasons that are unknown to me, the prosecution did not call this witness to testify.  It's largely suspected that OJ got rid of the murder weapon just prior to leaving for Chicago.  

Again, how do you explain OJ's blood at the crime scene?  Where did the cops get it?  

Did the cops procure a pair of OJ's shoes at his place, take them back to the murder scene and ensured their tracks were properly marked?  

Sure, perhaps you're right, and all police officers reporting to Fuhrman were crooked and had no issues with framing an innocent man.  But for your theory to be correct, he would have also had to coerce all lab technicians and forensic officers, people who did not report to Furhman.  Why would lab technicians risk their careers (and their freedom) to help a racist/crooked cop?

And if OJ was innocent, why did he flee with his passport, his gun, a sizeable amount of money in cash, and fake disguises?  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, downzy said:

You can explain how and where the cops got a small sample of Avery's blood to plant in the car (tampered blood sample from previous case). 

How do you explain OJ's blood at the crime scene?

There's also motive in the Avery case, which there isn't here.

Yes, Fuhrman is racist but generally OJ was subject to special treatment by the LAPD due to his celebrity. That's how he kept wriggling out of Nicole's domestic violence complaints. But then suddenly they're out to get him to the point where they're risking their jobs and freedom to frame someone who may have an indisputable alibi?

Edited by Angelica

That's a good point, there's no way the police could really plant OJ's blood, other than a deeper conspiracy. But murdering two people to framed OJ is pretty far fetched.

I'm ready to go the serial killer route. Is there a link between Avery and OJ? There could be serial killer who looks for people who can take the fall for his slayings? 

I don't really get how OJ got the glove to his house in his car without getting blood everywhere. 

Maybe he cut his hand and that's how the blood was at the crime scene. 

I have this feeling there was another person who was there who OJ is covering for. Like someone he knows did it but he doesn't know who. 

14 hours ago, AdriftatSea said:

Fuhrman was the Chief Detective. Those cops would have all lied to protect their boss. Lord of The Flies Mentality. Check out this link as well.

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=720944

I'm not asking you to agree with me. I'm stating my opinion. I think he's guilty. But what happened to the knife?  And Fuhrman was a known racist. The murders were so brutal that it had to be someone that knew them. The murders were very personal. The glove issue. Big, fat racist Fuhrman wanting to score! And his henchman wanting to score along with 'The Boss'... do you remember those days. The Rodney King days. Remember the truck driver ripped out of his truck and stomped until he was almost brain dead? Those cops had a vendetta. A vendetta against any black man. 

say OJ goes to McDonald's with Kato 10 minutes later than they did that night and he had to wait for them to cook the fires :lol:  he doesn't get back to his house till be 10:15 then sat and ate his food with Kato and they talked until the limo driver arrives....thats called a alibi that the police couldn't have known before they devised this plan to plant evidence on OJ

out of everybody that was supposedly involved in this conspiracy not one realized how ridiculous this plan was?

Edited by -W.A.R-

21 hours ago, downzy said:

The knife was likely dropped into an airport garbage bin.  There was an eye witness that said he saw OJ throw a bag into a garbage bin just before he entered the airport.  For reasons that are unknown to me, the prosecution did not call this witness to testify.  It's largely suspected that OJ got rid of the murder weapon just prior to leaving for Chicago.  

Again, how do you explain OJ's blood at the crime scene?  Where did the cops get it?  

Did the cops procure a pair of OJ's shoes at his place, take them back to the murder scene and ensured their tracks were properly marked?  

Sure, perhaps you're right, and all police officers reporting to Fuhrman were crooked and had no issues with framing an innocent man.  But for your theory to be correct, he would have also had to coerce all lab technicians and forensic officers, people who did not report to Furhman.  Why would lab technicians risk their careers (and their freedom) to help a racist/crooked cop?

And if OJ was innocent, why did he flee with his passport, his gun, a sizeable amount of money in cash, and fake disguises?  

Downzy, as I said before, I think he is 100% guilty. I only said I think the glove was planted. The LA Police Dept was corrupt. The lead detective was Fuhrman.  He was more than corrupt and the 14 officers that reported to him would have said anything he told them to say.  I do believe OJ was guilty of the murders. In the beginning I believe they all saw the glove at the crime scene.  Then it changed.  

14 hours ago, AdriftatSea said:

Downzy, as I said before, I think he is 100% guilty. I only said I think the glove was planted. The LA Police Dept was corrupt. The lead detective was Fuhrman.  He was more than corrupt and the 14 officers that reported to him would have said anything he told them to say.  I do believe OJ was guilty of the murders. In the beginning I believe they all saw the glove at the crime scene.  Then it changed.  

My apologies, I must have missed your statement of belief that he's guilty. 

I do agree that Fuhrman is a bad guy, I just don't think he'd risk his career tampering with evidence such as this on the chance that O.J. had no alibi.  As W.A.R. pointed out, how would Furhman explain the glove being there if OJ had a rock solid alibi?  There might have been a strong suspicion of guilt by then, but not definitely proof.  

Fuhman had admitted he had falsified evidence and even lied under oath before in the tapes. He was boasting about it. And it proved true in the OJ case. He planted the glove and nobody really question how it got there, why no blood in the car. It just pointed directly to OJ.

In terms of the case him having a history and the glove were never discussed. He got away with it. But maybe the jury heard about it and it back fired. But he acted guilty as hell pleading the 5th. Only one jurer has to think I can't convict him with this nazi trying the frame him and it's a not guilty verdict. 

Seeing as the DNA evidence was useless and foot prints are vague what other evidence do they have? Where are the bloody clothes and knife used? 

I just think cops know it's about pieces of evidence not a cohesive story of the evidence. The glove is the smoking gun. You can always cast doubt on an alibi. Someone like OJ can get one of his minions to say I was with Juice. But the glove is big. 

the tapes were for some fictional screenplay that fuhrman was working on with a some WOMAN

translation: he was trying to impress her so he could get in her pants and was probably embellishing if not flat out making up allot of what he was saying

besides ive broke down how it would be playing Russian Roulette with 5 bullets for him to plant that glove

-----

anyway hats off to the dream team they did their job and got a man, that surely had enough against him to put him under the jail, off 2 murder charges...the stupid part is OJ would go on to fuck it all up and give the system a second chance to fix such a mistake...i would never leave the house again if i survived the first time :lol:

Edited by -W.A.R-

What did OJ do the second time? I think it had something to do with OJ Memorobilia? 

I think we saw how it's not russian roulette. Because evidence is not tied together or really scrutinized. Fuhman obviously isn't sane so I'd say it was just business as usual. He was in the job to beat and frame criminals. 

The similar attitude was on display in Avery case. These aren't Agent Coopers they are regular ignorant people. They take it personally. They wanted to get Avery no doubt and they harrassed his girlfriend til she left him. 

Pistorious is kind of interesting because he didn't deny it but claimed he thought it was an intruder.

OJ could have pleaded psychosis. Was he on a bunch of drugs when he did it? 

Maybe telling people the circumstances in which it happened would get them a better sentence and some peace of mind. The way it is it's just a money making excercise for lawyers. 

Watched the final episode tonight.  Really great television.  Probably one of my favourite series of all time.

I only wish they hadn't casted Gooding Jr. as OJ.  The Rock Dwayne Johnson would have been a much better choice in terms of stature and looks.  I just never bought in that Cuba was OJ.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Watched the final episode tonight.  Really great television.  Probably one of my favourite series of all time.

I only wish they hadn't casted Gooding Jr. as OJ.  The Rock Dwayne Johnson would have been a much better choice in terms of stature and looks.  I just never bought in that Cuba was OJ.  

Maybe for his second trial as OJ kinda looked out of it for most of that one. But the Rock could never act this part, Cuba gave a great performance and had his mannerisms and demeanor so down that it was eerie at times IMO.

10 hours ago, downzy said:

The Rock as OJ would have been really weird, Gooding did an ok job. 

8 hours ago, Bumblefeet said:

Maybe for his second trial as OJ kinda looked out of it for most of that one. But the Rock could never act this part, Cuba gave a great performance and had his mannerisms and demeanor so down that it was eerie at times IMO.

I agree that Johnson's acting chops aren't up to Cuba's, but it just made little sense to have a guy so small and look and sound nothing like OJ to play the part.  For me at least, it was the only time that took me out of the show.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, downzy said:

I agree that Johnson's acting chops aren't up to Cuba's, but it just made little sense to have a guy so small and look and sound nothing like OJ to play the part.  For me at least, it was the only time that took me out of the show.   

Yeah, in that regard he was a bit of tougher act to sell but I think they shot him ok, lots of low angles plus this was in the stage where O.J. already let himself go a tad from all the partying and I was surprised to see the gut and weight Cuba had put on (when he got into the shower last episode).

Edited by Bumblefeet

So well the Final Episode was pretty good, Im sure most of us knew what was going to happen, but the whole thing how it was presented was great.

I do see him as Guilty and I do think that the race card was also played.

I din't know him and Ross stopped talking to each other after the case. Out of all the lawyers and everyone, Ross knew him the best, he knew what OJ is capable of. 

Well now he is serving 33 years for "stealing" his own thing. Now thats called Karma. 

What about their kids? did they think their father was guilty? 

8 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

So well the Final Episode was pretty good, Im sure most of us knew what was going to happen, but the whole thing how it was presented was great.

I do see him as Guilty and I do think that the race card was also played.

I din't know him and Ross stopped talking to each other after the case. Out of all the lawyers and everyone, Ross knew him the best, he knew what OJ is capable of. 

Well now he is serving 33 years for "stealing" his own thing. Now thats called Karma. 

What about their kids? did they think their father was guilty? 

I liked how they did that epilogue with O.J. realising his verdict only meant he got out of prison, but he would forever remain a suspect and people wanted nothing to do with him.

I doubt the kids could ever accept their father murdering their mother. Remember, they got raised by O.J.

This is hilarious: :lol:

3 minutes ago, Bumblefeet said:

I liked how they did that epilogue with O.J. realising his verdict only meant he got out of prison, but he would forever remain a suspect and people wanted nothing to do with him.

I doubt the kids could ever accept their father murdering their mother. Remember, they got raised by O.J.

This is hilarious: :lol:

Thats like the B Grade version of Punkd LOL

With each episode, the show gets worse and worse, which is rare

The meme's here in this review is hilarious, though and perfectly describes what could have been happened in the deliberations room

http://www.tv.com/news/the-people-v-oj-simpson-american-crime-story-season-1-episode-10-the-verdict-145989077077/

e2c47e4dfe644905c9dacb631317a673.jpg

023868a8024341fdc15364a1baf107d0.jpg

96f42eefffc44edcce5e21a8e45d7ea8.jpg (i will use this meme for eternity)

9c760d6c258f49a4c988b9e35183e690.jpg

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

Are you kidding me? this show was really good, way better than the last season of AHS. 

Nah, but the story itself was kind of known to everybody. Maybe that's why i feel this way. Still, some actors overdo their parts. and please God no more Sarah Paulson! Enough is enough

I wonder what they will do with Hurricane Katrina, though. How was that supposed to be a crime story?

21 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

Nah, but the story itself was kind of known to everybody. Maybe that's why i feel this way. Still, some actors overdo their parts. and please God no more Sarah Paulson! Enough is enough

I wonder what they will do with Hurricane Katrina, though. How was that supposed to be a crime story?

Depends on how you define "crime." 

Some would argue that the federal response to Katrina was criminal.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, downzy said:

Depends on how you define "crime." 

Some would argue that the federal response to Katrina was criminal.  

Gotcha!

Stil feel that plenty of crime stories from the USA could be good for this show

We will see

But if Sarah Paulson appear again, then i'm out :lol:

11 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

Gotcha!

Stil feel that plenty of crime stories from the USA could be good for this show

We will see

But if Sarah Paulson appear again, then i'm out :lol:

I thought she did a great job, but to each their own.