American Crime Story

xBrownstonex

Saw the first episode on BBC and Teevoo'd it. Great cast and looking forward to the second episode as that speeding car chase is the only thing I remember most from the O.J. Case.

9 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

i wished back then i was old enough to have wittnessed all this on cnn.

Yes, including this hilarious Howard Stern prank call during the actual broadcast :lol:

• Like 1

A couple of things about it are quite bothersome to me, mostly Kardashian related. David Schwimmer is WILDLY overacting the Robert Kardashian character in general so that's my first problem. The need to stop having him say "Juice" every 2 damn seconds and he needs to learn a different "I'm distraught" face, because he just keeps looking like Rachel hurt Ross again whenever he's upset lol. On top of that, the seem to really want to remind you exactly who he is. There's continued and completely unnecessary mentions of his daughters names...... we get it....he's Kim, etc dad. Then the speech he gave them at lunch about fame was so bad I was laughing out loud. None of that has anything to do with the actual story they should be trying to tell and it's incredibly distracting. Whenever they're done with any Robert related scenes, I almost have to force myself to get back into what else is going on, which is a bummer.

Other than that, I like it very much. It's very early in the case and you can already see exactly how outsmarted the prosecution is and how they ended up fumbling a touchdown that was already on the scoreboard.

I still cannot believe how he managed to get away....

Show is good, although Sarah Paulson is such a bore now after all these years, she is really not neccessary just because of AHS....

Also lolled recent episode's moment when Kardashian said that "Remember: we are Kardshian and we are good people, we don't care about fame, because fame is fading away after some time":facepalm::lol:

• Like 1

This series is really good, After the AHS Hotel Disaster, this is a series which I look forward to every week. 

I do agree with that he needs to stop saying The Juice in like every line. As I am a big FRIENDS fan, I do see him as Ross, but he is doing a great job. 

Over all the series is good, Episode 3 was a little slow, but 1 and 2 were just amazing. I hope it goes well for the rest of the season. 

17 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

I still cannot believe how he managed to get away....

with the injustice in the Rodney King beating black folks deserved a W 

but its pretty crazy to think ppl were actually cheering for a double murderer just because racial tension was so high

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 1

The show is great. I do think Ross as Kardashian is kind of annoying, wonder if he was actually like that. From the little footage I've seen of him in court looks like he was.

I'm just so glad I wasn't old enough to follow this on the news... just watching the show I get so fucking mad, imagine seeing the actual thing playing out. 

3 hours ago, Deb Rose said:

The show is great. I do think Ross as Kardashian is kind of annoying, wonder if he was actually like that. From the little footage I've seen of him in court looks like he was.

I'm just so glad I wasn't old enough to follow this on the news... just watching the show I get so fucking mad, imagine seeing the actual thing playing out. 

• Like 1

The two guys who are spearheading the show (Scott Alexander & Larry Karasewski) are among my favorite screenwriters. They're responsible for such great biopics like Ed Wood, The People v. Larry Flynt and Man on the Moon, so it stands that they picked a great subject to fictionalize. This is definitely their milieu.

As for the Kardashian whoring...I think they're taking the piss. Obviously Kardashian's children were so far out of the picture that they certainly wouldn't warrant any screen time if FX was being honest with America, but because of the anecdotal connection they're keen to establish ("Oooh! I didn't know O.J. almost killed himself in Kim's bedroom!) watch them show up in every episode. Bob's message to them about fame being fleeting and a virtuous heart blah, blah blah, is Scott and Larry making fun of the Kardashian girls...they just didn't direct the scene that way.

About the casting; some of it is great and some of it is very television. Travolta doesn't sit right with me as Shapiro. John still looks like he's trying to channel his Dracula character from his SNL. The guy who plays Darden is almost pitch perfect, if it wasn't for the fact that Chris Darden talked with a bit of a lisp and was a bit of a bitch. I don't have much of an opinion on Sarah Paulson as Marcia, other than they both have that weird look to them. Cuba is trying hard but O.J. is a tough character to play.

I was a bit upset at the recent episode, because I had been crossing my fingers that Jason Bateman would show up as Barry Scheck:

scheck1.pngJason-Bateman-Re-Creates-Teen-Wolf-Too-J

"How about THAT, Mr. Fung!"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bobbo said:

They can say "fuck" on basic cable uncensored now? I know Comedy Central does it at like 3 am, but I didn't know they were allowed to do it before midnight.

Awesome :lol:

I haven't watched this weeks yet, but when Monica Clark said "Motherfucker!" at the end of last weeks episode, I was like "Wait. What? Did I just hear that right??" and ran it back to make sure I wasn't crazy lol

Second episode was great. O.J. is such a hatable character from the get go, it's fascinating to get an idea of how this all went down. I mean, we not only know the outcome, but O.J. actually pimped the hell out of the whole situation in the decade to follow, with his whole "If I did it" stick. I'm going to be pissed with the outcome of the series. :lol:

Great show.  Been watching it from the beginning.  I was a little surprised by the F-Bombs, but apparently the FCC can't touch them.  And they give plenty of warnings that the show is for mature audiences.  Still weird to hear it. 

And I do believe the theory that OJ went over to slash Nicole's tires, not to kill her.  But when he saw all the candles lit, soft music playing he got pissed.  Then Ron Goldman showed up and he attacked.  That would explain why he was wearing those Bruno Magli shoes.  Expensive "Sunday Best" shoes.  If he planned to kill her, he would have worn some old sneakers that he had no problem getting rid of, since they would have blood on them.

On 25/02/2016 at 9:19 PM, Bumblefeet said:

Second episode was great. O.J. is such a hatable character from the get go, it's fascinating to get an idea of how this all went down. I mean, we not only know the outcome, but O.J. actually pimped the hell out of the whole situation in the decade to follow, with his whole "If I did it" stick. I'm going to be pissed with the outcome of the series. :lol:

Maybe he's hatable for those of us watching now, cause I was REALLY surprised at how people were cheering and supporting him during the car chase. Btw, I think Cuba Gooding Jr is doing a much more likable OJ than real OJ.

I know this thread is about the show, but I was curious.. I was doing some research and found out he wrote a book telling how he hypothetically would have committed the murders... Crazy shit. Anyone ever read it?

On 26/02/2016 at 0:49 PM, emybdc said:

Maybe he's hatable for those of us watching now, cause I was REALLY surprised at how people were cheering and supporting him during the car chase. Btw, I think Cuba Gooding Jr is doing a much more likable OJ than real OJ.

I know this thread is about the show, but I was curious.. I was doing some research and found out he wrote a book telling how he hypothetically would have committed the murders... Crazy shit. Anyone ever read it?

I got a PDF on my computer here, been planning to read it for a while now but haven't gotten around to it. 

It's like the last episode of Friends everyday. Rachel is going to the airport and he doesn't know what to do. Yep, I see it now that I've seen more videos of the real Robert.

And Cuba Gooding Jr is even kinda lovable compared to the real OJ. He should be more arrogant. Although, the videos I've seen are post trial, maybe he got that attitude after he got away with murder. But I very much doubt that.