slash reportedly laying down new GNR tracks

11 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I thought the classic rock article was a bit deflating, it suggests Axls not been near the studio to record anything new, or just to pay an interest in whats going on. All in all kinda of reminds me of old times.

It is worrisomely like old times, but I think the record company does want to release something with Slash on it, so there's hope.

Edited by Babooshka

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Slash should wear that hat on stage.. The Tophat stapled to his head has become a bit ridiculous.. Just bust it out during the encore or something..

Slash needs to get himself an #Ashbaswag beanie to replace that top hat ... hip, stylish, but still rock n' roll. And I believe Slash has recently re-connected with a certain someone who knows the proprietor of that website, and who should be able to hook him up with a 5% discount on the purchase.

As for the topic itself, would be amazing news if true, obviously. I just don't see Axl as the kind of guy to just do a cash-grab tour. If he's back in and engaged, there will be new music.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, axlsalinger said:

Slash needs to get himself an #Ashbaswag beanie to replace that top hat ... hip, stylish, but still rock n' roll. And I believe Slash has recently re-connected with a certain someone who knows the proprietor of that website, and who should be able to hook him up with a 5% discount on the purchase.

How fuckin' hilarious would it be if the lights go up in Vegas, and it turns out "Slash" s just Dj in a wig and tophat? Oh man I would laugh so fucking hard.

I guess the idealist in me would love to hear that all members of the regrouping are jamming together and working on new material. To me that bodes well for great chemistry on stage. 

Realistically I'm probably greatly out of touch, and bands  haven't needed  to write in this way for a number of years. It seems to lack enthusiasm.

However the fact that slash, Duff and Izzy have all reportedly been in a studio working on material is amazing. I am genuinely super excited to know what they are up to. 

Edited by Archtop
Sp.

56 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i think that's exactly what you would expect and not a detterent as he is the boss probably encouraging them to be in the studio, he's just being himself in that he will hear their best work when the time is right and will decide based on his excitement to lay down vocals 

He's not Slash and Duff's boss.

Yes. Makes sense for them to start making only a couple of songs to see how it goes, and if all goes well and they gel again, maybe we'll get an entire new album next year. I'm probably way too optimistic, but I can't help but feel ecstatic about this news.

52 minutes ago, SSHGUNS said:

I love Slash style with the hat... but thought the leather top hat was a bit too much, luckily I noticed he had stop wearing it recently. 

I didn't like the leather one either. It never looked right.

He should wear the hat in my icon.

Just now, highvoltage said:

Slash is back in Guns N' Fuckin' Roses. It still doesn't seem real. :D

Yeah, it still feels weird. Seeing him tweet about GNR, and having all this speculation about what he's recording for the band. :wow:

The best was the pic of his guitar in rehearsals.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Well he could be Rehearsing? 

he only ever uses his recording guitar for... well recording lol

it's his les paul copy used on every studio track he recorded. he wont use that just for the live rehearsals. when he posted that pic that was the smoking gun evidence of him recording.

it's not even a question of "where theres smoke theres fire" anymore. the whole house is on fire, so to speak.

Edited by action

there is no real guns n roses recording until Axl gets off his fat lazy ass and into the studio. Knowing slash is laying down tracks is as close to "new gnr" recordings as DJ saying he was laying down tracks for the next album. Axl simple has lost confidence in himself or the drive or will to put out new music. He doesn't rehearse with band, he doesn't join the band for jams/writing sessions. He's a self conscious hermit and occasionally pops out of the cave.

I mean I'm going to Vegas because I believe the dude can do but I as excited as I am to see Slash and Axl on stage again, I'm equally disappointed that I think this sounds the death gong for any new GNR music.

Just now, tkarmy said:

there is no real guns n roses recording until Axl gets off his fat lazy ass and into the studio. Knowing slash is laying down tracks is as close to "new gnr" recordings as DJ saying he was laying down tracks for the next album. Axl simple has lost confidence in himself or the drive or will to put out new music. He doesn't rehearse with band, he doesn't join the band for jams/writing sessions. He's a self conscious hermit and occasionally pops out of the cave.

I mean I'm going to Vegas because I believe the dude can do but I as excited as I am to see Slash and Axl on stage again, I'm equally disappointed that I think this sounds the death gong for any new GNR music.

that's the way they have "always" created though. i dare say even as far back as appeite, where you had many songs that had their instrumental parts ready, and then you had axl coming up with the words. "some" songs were created in the van and the band hideout as you can read in their respective bios, but many songs were made with Axl nowhere to be seen. and why would he? he doesnt play an instrument. he's the singer. why did CD took so long? cos he didnt have music. now, he has.