slash reportedly laying down new GNR tracks

People need to stop saying that rehearsal pic Slash posted is his afd recording guitar, I can guarantee you its not as a guitar player myself who has studied every last detail of Slash's playing and gear, that's the guitar he has been playing slither live on since 2010, its not his afd guitar, the afd guitar's trapezoid inlays are heavily faded away and the afd guitars body is a different colour (amber) than that guitar in that rehearsal photo, so sorry to burst your bubble

3 hours ago, mikebones said:

About that hat and the top hat... get used to it. Slash is gettin bald! That's why he is now wearing hats in every pic.

Of course he is it is just the top hat is just cheesy.. The knit cap in the pic looks cool. Hell a backwards hat looks a lot cooler too. Anyway enough on that from me on this thread.. So not the topic hah.

It really doesn't matter if Axl is in the studio or not. GNR don't write songs in the studio. They only lay down tracks there. Axl is hardly needed looking over Slash's arm while he's recording his parts. 

The fact that Axl's not in the studio doesn't mean he wasn't working on the song together with Slash in his own basement or living room. They never composed in studios and hardly ever were there together.

my only fear is that like the Chinese democracy era, it doesnt matter. axl/slash/duff could record a whole album worth of tracks and axl will not let it come out because it isnt "perfect" yet.

personally, im excited about the prospect of new GNR with this lineup. slash's conspirators last two albums were really solid musically 

• Like 1

I hope they come together and do the original version (riffs from) Fall To Pieces...what it would have been had they not broken up.  Don't get me wrong, it's a good song done by VR but I think Slash's riff in that song would have been a classic had he done it with G N' R (like they intended to do before they split).

That's one of my biggest "what ifs" from them breaking up.

Edited by Kasanova King

22 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I hope they come together and do the original version (riffs from) Fall To Pieces...what it would have been had they not broken up.  Don't get me wrong, it's a good song done by VR but I think Slash's riff in that song would have been a classic had he done it with G N' R (like they intended to do before they split).

That's one of my biggest "what ifs" from them breaking up.

lets not ruin the legacy that Scott Weiland left behind.

5 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

lets not ruin the legacy that Scott Weiland left behind.

I don't mean for them to actually re-do 'Fall to Pieces' but to use the main riff of the song for what it would have been with G N R.  

That particular riff was one of the songs Axl and Slash  were about to work on but never did...something like Slash had Axl listen to it...Axl was going to give his input....but then they broke up (or Slash left) and never got done with it.

Edited by Kasanova King

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

I don't mean for them to actually re-do 'Fall to Pieces' but to use the main riff of the song for what it would have been with G N R.  

That particular riff was one of the songs Axl and Slash  were about to work on but never did...something like Slash had Axl listen to it...Axl was going to give his input....but then they broke up and never got done with it.

oh ok, well that could be interesting.

• Like 1

On February 22, 2016 at 1:47 PM, axlsalinger said:

Slash needs to get himself an #Ashbaswag beanie to replace that top hat ... hip, stylish, but still rock n' roll. And I believe Slash has recently re-connected with a certain someone who knows the proprietor of that website, and who should be able to hook him up with a 5% discount on the purchase.

As for the topic itself, would be amazing news if true, obviously. I just don't see Axl as the kind of guy to just do a cash-grab tour. If he's back in and engaged, there will be new music.

Have you followed Axl's career post 2007?

1 hour ago, axlsalinger said:

I meant he wouldn't reunite with Slash just for the cash. IMO.

IMO it's a combo. 

Tons of cash. Three members of his band quitting.  Perla left. Renewing his friendship with Duff. Not wanting to release CD2. Excitement of playing with the old guys again.  But the boat load of cash no doubt played a part. 

I don't think Axl would do it just for the money. Whatever problem he had real/imagined with Slash seems to been cleared up. 

I guess some might have a problem if there's no new record but there's enough fans that just want to see them on stage again. And see where it goes from there. Signs look good with Slash in the studio. 

• Like 1

Just now, wasted said:

I don't think Axl would do it just for the money. Whatever problem he had real/imagined with Slash seems to been cleared up. 

I guess some might have a problem if there's no new record but there's enough fans that just want to see them on stage again. And see where it goes from there. Signs look good with Slash in the studio. 

If its not the original 5 getting 20% each, then its for the money. 

• Like 1