slash reportedly laying down new GNR tracks

http://wzlx.cbslocal.com/2016/02/22/slash-is-reportedly-laying-down-new-guns-n-roses-tracks/

the latest in a string of rumours, but i thought this one was a bit more interesting than the usual "i was responsible for getting GNR back together" nonsense

i think there might be some truth in it. why else did slash post a picture of his main recording guitar a couple of tweets ago?

• Like 4

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

Slash should wear that hat on stage.. The Tophat stapled to his head has become a bit ridiculous.. Just bust it out during the encore or something..

i dont like the top hat. he didnt wear it in the old days anyway. i would like to see the old slash again, headbanging on stage without that stupid hat limiting his performance

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, action said:

i dont like the top hat. he didnt wear it in the old days anyway. i would like to see the old slash again, headbanging on stage without that stupid hat limiting his performance

9/10 pictures of Slash "in the old days" will have have him in that top hat. He didn't make the top hat famous after GnR. That top hat is iconic, most people believe it to look pretty cool, I'm sure there's some that think it's lame or gimmicky though. Limiting his performance? he usually head bangs and it falls off and that's that for the hat. Anyway... it's just a hat, who cares right ;)

This story came out in the team rock article (worth a read if you haven't already), hoping it's true but as they say more than a grain of salt may be necessary. 

• Like 2

As we’ve learned with most Guns N’ Roses “news”, any reports that don’t come from the band itself should be taken with a grain of salt. So although the latest report may be true, you should probably throw in some extra grains of salt this time, as it comes from a former publicist of the band.

Former GNR publicist, Arlett Vereecke, has exclusively told Classic Rock that Slash has been working on new Guns N’ Roses material in the studio, and that recording is “definitely” taking place. She added in that Axl Rose hasn’t been present, but that Slash is definitely in there and that it’s “not for anyone else.” Meaning, he’s not working on the new Conspirators album.

The band’s ex-manager, Alan Niven, has also told CR, “Duff and Izzy were in the studio before Christmas doing stuff. At a casual glance I think they’ve got at least a couple of tracks down.”

As for the reunited band’s upcoming shows, Vereecke says, “It’s certainly an amazing production.”

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

9/10 pictures of Slash "in the old days" will have have him in that top hat. He didn't make the top hat famous after GnR. That top hat is iconic, most people believe it to look pretty cool, I'm sure there's some that think it's lame or gimmicky though. Limiting his performance? he usually head bangs and it falls off and that's that for the hat. Anyway... it's just a hat, who cares right ;)

This story came out in the team rock article (worth a read if you haven't already), hoping it's true but as they say more than a grain of salt may be necessary. 

9 out of 10? Not really and he hardly ever wore it on stage.. Maybe for an encore. It wasn't until after Guns that he started wearing it almost every public appearance. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=Guns+N%27+Roses&pws=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwitzsapgozLAhWEFz4KHTrVAugQ_AUICSgD&biw=1249&bih=596

It also doesn't fall off anymore no matter how hard he headbangs which makes it look even more cheesy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

In the old days he didn't wear that damn hat for two hours straight whenever he hit the stage. It has become a bit of a parody.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Different? Isn't it all the same source or have I missed something?

You're right it's the same thing. But this time they just pick on the recording only part. Although it's sounds promissing and I'm glad Slash is recording.The last few years we used to hear Richard talking about recording all the time... I hope this time we get to listen to the final product. But I believe it when I see it

Hopefully he's adding leads to the tracks Izzy and Duff supposedly laid the foundations for when they were recording together last year. Whatever songs those two were doing together haven't seen the light of day yet, so you'd think they would've by now if it was for a separate project outside of GnR. When Duff first talked about those recording sessions and said "I'll be writing and recording with Izzy for the rest of my life now" I just knew it had to be for Guns N' Roses.

I would like to imagine that some tasteful Slash leads on top of a solid rhythm section provided by Duff and Izzy could get Axl to bring out some catchy melodies for his lyrics, which is something I personally think he hasn't been able to really pull off as a songwriter since before Illusions, really. We'll see, though. At this point all that's important is that they're playing on stage together again. New music is just a bonus imo. 

Edited by rocknroll41

2 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I thought the classic rock article was a bit deflating, it suggests Axls not been near the studio to record anything new, or just to pay an interest in whats going on. All in all kinda of reminds me of old times.

i think that's exactly what you would expect and not a detterent as he is the boss probably encouraging them to be in the studio, he's just being himself in that he will hear their best work when the time is right and will decide based on his excitement to lay down vocals