Izzy says he is NOT involved with the upcoming GN'R shows

7 minutes ago, downliner said:

Earlier tonight I had to back the email account into a corner and asked for him to either phone me or send a pic with todays date.

Izzy phoned me whilst I was out walking my dog! :dance: It is 100% genuine. As soon as I picked up the phone I felt like such an asshole for not believing him all day - thanks guys!!! I've got about 4 pages to catch up on but can say without doubt it's Izzy.

I know plenty won't believe me and that's cool, if the shoe was on the other foot I wouldn't be buying it either lol, but plenty of you know I've never bullshitted or gone making up forum rumors in my 10+ years etc.

In that case perhaps you could subtly suggest he might want to get up to speed in how social media works. Point him in the direction of Slash's account for an example. :P

Oh and tell him to sign up to the forum, he can have his own section and everything! :lol: How about Izzy Does It- Talking the Biz with Iz

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

@downliner you are making a great effort, but honestly how do you know that is Izzy's voice? like there are many people with that husky voice. A pic with todays date would have been better, but again I won't force you cause it would make things worse between both of you.

Sorry to say but I still somehow believe that account is fake. 

Yeah, I agree, no way is that Izzy.

24 minutes ago, downliner said:

Earlier tonight I had to back the email account into a corner and asked for him to either phone me or send a pic with todays date.

Izzy phoned me whilst I was out walking my dog! :dance: It is 100% genuine. As soon as I picked up the phone I felt like such an asshole for not believing him all day - thanks guys!!! I've got about 4 pages to catch up on but can say without doubt it's Izzy.

I know plenty won't believe me and that's cool, if the shoe was on the other foot I wouldn't be buying it either lol, but plenty of you know I've never bullshitted or gone making up forum rumors in my 10+ years etc.

Nice! A phone call from Izzy? That's pretty fn rad and on top of that, it's good to know he's behind the account. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, downliner said:

Here's the round up, which I know won't be proof enough for some....

I emailed Izzy my doubts after someone here suggested he'd been hacked. He replied saying "you slept in a park after a GNR gig" - it was a tube station I slept in, but close enough. I thought he was real again, then after reading the forums and seeing the RS thing doubt crept in again.... He replied "i got you guys a hotel room", which is also true (and was very sweet of him to do I'll add).

I still wasn't certain as I would have emailed Izzy thanking him for the room, even though that email would have been 10 years ago.

So he called, and I felt like a total idiot for dicking him around all day trying to prove he was Izzy :facepalm: As soon as he said "Hey" I knew it was him, you could just tell instantly.

The only problem now is that Izzy might take ages to provide real proof publicly that he is behind the account and I'll look like a moron. Pure speculation but I think the RS tweets may have been pulled intentionally if Andy has been able to verify also.

Dude.....you won't look like a moron. Many of us already believe you and you have a LOT of trustworthy people backing the fact that you would never knowingly be involved in any sort of trolling. Furthermore, I'm certain you know what Izzy sounds like due to all of your past interaction with him. In short..... you're more than good with this community, but thank you anyway for going through all that just to help prove it's real.

P.S. Next time you interact with Izzy please tell him two things. 1) Sorry the GN'R fanbase as a whole is so nutty 2) I would gladly take his call any time :P

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Dude.....you won't look like a moron. Many of us already believe you and you have a LOT of trustworthy people backing the fact that you would never knowingly be involved in any sort of trolling. Furthermore, I'm certain you know what Izzy sounds like due to all of your past interaction with him. In short..... you're more than good with this community, but thank you anyway for going through all that just to help prove it's real.

P.S. Next time you interact with Izzy please tell him two things. 1) Sorry the GN'R fanbase as a whole is so nutty 2) I would gladly take his call any time :P

Might aswell add 3) please, get your arse up there on stage with the guys.

7 minutes ago, downliner said:

I emailed Izzy my doubts after someone here suggested he'd been hacked. He replied saying "you slept in a park after a GNR gig" - it was a tube station I slept in, but close enough. I thought he was real again, then after reading the forums and seeing the RS thing doubt crept in again.... He replied "i got you guys a hotel room", which is also true (and was very sweet of him to do I'll add).

I still wasn't certain as I would have emailed Izzy thanking him for the room, even though that email would have been 10 years ago.

So he called, and I felt like a total idiot for dicking him around all day trying to prove he was Izzy :facepalm: As soon as he said "Hey" I knew it was him, you could just tell instantly.

The only problem now is that Izzy might take ages to provide real proof publicly that he is behind the account and I'll look like a moron. Pure speculation but I think the RS tweets may have been pulled intentionally if Andy has been able to verify also.

Thats in-fucking-credible. Real or not. Like I said, its just great to hear you still openly discussing it. Here's the last question I could think of immediately:

1. Why was he trying to talk to Rolling Stone? Does he know Andy? That whole thing seems so insane.

2. So whatever happened with that email? He claimed he sent another one, to the right account, for Andy. Did Andy just disregard it and miss an opportunity to speak to Izzy fuckin' Stradlin?!

Again, at this point its all water under the bridge. People will choose to believe whatever they want to believe. I actually trust what you're saying just based off the support you have, but obviously those questions are all just hanging, in addition to the completely weird video posting which really throws a wrench in the whole thing. But I understand why you wouldn't contact him again, and it shouldn't matter if we believe you. You've been nothing but helpful and YOU got to talk to Izzy Stradlin which is all that matters. But if you had any sort of answer to those lingering questions I think thats what's getting a lot of people.

Either way, this has been a great day for the forum, and an AMAZING day for you. Also, sincerest apologies that you had to dick him like that all day. I can understand how uncomfortable and bad you may feel about that (even though you shouldn't because he IS elusive and you were just trying to be sure).

Edited by gunsfanoldie
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, downliner said:

Have you ever met him in real life?

Don't want to be a downer but all your interactions seem like it's online or phone which anyone could replicate. That's why it's harder for some people to believe. Well for me anyway.

3 minutes ago, downliner said:

Andy Greene may be out of a job if he has passed up on talking to Izzy. His first interview in like 10+ years during the height of GNR reunion hype lol.

No idea what that video is about :lol:

I'm out of likes, but many many thanks for answering! This whole thing has just turned out to be insanely classic, and I guess the one thing I keep forgetting about is hopefully its not true because I really want Izzy in Vegas and all signs were pointing that way. So hopefully they're still in talks.

Just now, vloors said:

Have you ever met him in real life?

Don't want to be a downer but all your interactions seem like it's online or phone which anyone could replicate. That's why it's harder for some people to believe. Well for me anyway.

Well if he got him a hotel room then it seems its more than just a random person. Unless a random person did that hoping that someday 10 years later that would be "proof" that he could use to prove his validity LOL! That would be a VERY long con.

1 minute ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Well if he got him a hotel room then it seems its more than just a random person. Unless a random person did that hoping that someday 10 years later that would be "proof" that he could use to prove his validity LOL! That would be a VERY long con.

I don't know man Its one guys word on the internet and no solid proof. Maybe I'm not someone who trusts easily.

I could say I'm sitting here with Izzy right now and totally bullshitting but get someone to believe I am. 

I could create izzystratlin998 and start posting rare pics I had saved from forums years ago and have ppl believing I'm the real deal. It's all he say she say until concrete proof is shown. No offence to anyone or downliner but I can't believe it atm.

2 minutes ago, dalsh327 said:

Hopefully he gets a verified account. 

Yah, sorry but until then or until he puts something verifying his identity online there should be no one believing this.... No offenses to downliner you seem a legit dude, but come on lol.

You are the only piece of this puzzle that provides legitimacy.  NOTHING else adds up.

Just now, vloors said:

I don't know man Its one guys word on the internet and no solid proof. Maybe I'm not someone who trusts easily.

I could say I'm sitting here with Izzy right now and totally bullshitting but get someone to believe I am. 

I could create izzystratlin998 and start posting rare pics I had saved from forums years ago and have ppl believing I'm the real deal. It's all he say she say until concrete proof is shown. No offence to anyone or downliner but I can't believe it atm.

No, I GET why you can't believe it. At this point, its not even about whether I do or not. I'm not even really sure.

I'm always the one saying "everyone is bullshitting everyone here". How do we know Eddie Money really has information? The point is we really can't till they give out information and get it right, which Eddie Money has. Downliner has a line of credits that proves his sincerity. Izzy Stradlin is the most elusive member of Guns N Roses. I believe the people that believe Downliner because I have to trust they know how hard that would be to verify and they wouldn't do it unless there was a line of proof, which there kind of is.

It very well all could be an elaborate con, and I can't explain how ridiculous posting that video is, but the bottom line is everything Downliner is saying doesn't sound wrong. It sounds like a guy who knows shit and has for a decade or more. I want to believe its just a guy fucking with people too. Hell his avatar is the Max Headroom broadcast interruption from the 80s, one of the best cupcakes ever! But its the internet and you believe what you want to believe.

You guys are all suckers.  Why in the world would Izzy post something about a TERRIBLE Axl impersonator?  Especially in Spanish?!  Izzy speaks English and lives in the States. So do I.  I don't spend my time browsing Hispanic Youtube pages.  And the hyphen in one of his tweets was a Spanish hyphen.  Last time I checked, English speaking people use an English keyboard.  Not a Spanish one.  

I have a pink elephant for sale, that can fly... I bet many of you would be interested. 

• Like 1

Talk about mass trolling from everyone involved..

The reality of where things are at haven't changed. Even if Izzy says right now he has no current plans to be in Vegas, doesn't make it news and doesn't call for a press release unless he releases a statement guaranteeing he has no intention to appear in Vegas considering there's a chance things could change. That's what gets me out of all of this.

I'll believe there's a chance he isn't a part of this reunion, even to the smallest extent, after the Vegas shows and if he doesn't appear at either show. Because honestly, the one point I'm sticking to, is the fact that slash denied things were happening at one time until they had no choice with the coachella announcement. The same will happen with Izzy. Unless Steven goes on a Facebook rant or calls up Eddie trunk on Friday night rocks anytime soon, I wouldn't believe anything there either.

Edited by Billsfan