Izzy says he is NOT involved with the upcoming GN'R shows

21 minutes ago, Matt13 said:

You guys are all suckers.  Why in the world would Izzy post something about a TERRIBLE Axl impersonator?  Especially in Spanish?!  Izzy speaks English and lives in the States. So do I.  I don't spend my time browsing Hispanic Youtube pages.  And the hyphen in one of his tweets was a Spanish hyphen.  Last time I checked, English speaking people use an English keyboard.  Not a Spanish one.  

I have a pink elephant for sale, that can fly... I bet many of you would be interested. 

Does the elephant come with a phone call from Izzy? 

• Like 1

So in light of recent developments in the last few pages we should now definitely expect to see this reported around the internet, no?

If what downliner is saying is true and the account is supposed to be him what he's said on there is certainly more than newsworthy.

I look forward to reading how the first articles report this..

OMG. WTH. I was sure today that this was fake, I mean that whole thing about avocados seemed SO trolllike. Either something is fishy about that down liner guy, or someone is obsessed enough to have perfected Izzys voice, or Izzy is completely inept with social media. I'm beginning to doubt my own sanity at this point. THIS IS THE STRANGEST SHIT. EVER.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

40 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Yah, sorry but until then or until he puts something verifying his identity online there should be no one believing this.... No offenses to downliner you seem a legit dude, but come on lol.

You are the only piece of this puzzle that provides legitimacy.  NOTHING else adds up.

The denial in some people is pretty funny. Not only has it been confirmed by downliner, the account's profile picture is a freaking unseen Izzy Stradlin selfie. What more do you want? :lol:

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

OMG. WTH. I was sure today that this was fake, I mean that whole thing about avocados seemed SO trolllike. Either something is fishy about that down liner guy, or someone is obsessed enough to have perfected Izzys voice, or Izzy is completely inept with social media. I'm beginning to doubt my own sanity at this point. THIS IS THE STRANGEST SHIT. EVER.

Downliner is solid as a rock. If anything he is a victim of a fantastic cupcake. But Downliner   wouldn't lie. 

• Like 1

That whole profile pic doesn't look legit to me, like it was photoshopped and he chose the filter to obscure any clues of that. That entire hand + phone part could have been pasted onto that pic of Izzy. Plus you think someone who just bought a computer knows how to edit a picture like that, and why would Izzy even have to add his name to the pic, the selfie alone would do it too. The fact that his name was written across that photo just seems like some dude tried to make it look as legit as possible. To me this WHOLE thing makes absolutely NO sense

11 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The denial in some people is pretty funny. Not only has it been confirmed by downliner, the account's profile picture is a freaking unseen Izzy Stradlin selfie. What more do you want? :lol:

I think there's a reasonableness to the doubt. If theoretically someone else created this Twitter account, they could've easily hacked Izzy's iCloud and obtained pictures and emails. The phone call seems legitimate obviously, but the fact that he hasn't said anything since is suspicious. 

If someone really did find Izzy's e-mail, hack it, create a fake account with a photoshopped selfie, and then imitated Izzy's voice in a near-perfect manner to mislead that downliner dude...then the real Izzy must be really fuckin creeped out right now, and I'd imagine he would've contacted the downliner guy as soon as he heard about it to clarify that its an imposter....unless he REALLY doesn't give that much of a shit about it or is simply so distant these days that he hasn't even heard about it yet. But if that were the case, I'd imagine GnR and/or TB would've gotten ahold of him to verify the account's legitimacy themselves, and relay whatever answer they'd get on their own social media. Or maybe they feel like even touching the scenario at all could cause problems? 

If it is actually Izzy, then cool. Even if he's not involved in the reunion at all as this account claims, at least he'd be finally talking!

EDIT: at the moment, just to clarify, I do think it's actually him (with some skepticism, of course). 

Edited by rocknroll41

22 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

My point exactly.

I can't wait for the next chapter of Twitter Izzy Soap Opera.

1 hour ago, downliner said:

Here's the round up, which I know won't be proof enough for some....

I emailed Izzy my doubts after someone here suggested he'd been hacked. He replied saying "you slept in a park after a GNR gig" - it was a tube station I slept in, but close enough. I thought he was real again, then after reading the forums and seeing the RS thing doubt crept in again.... He replied "i got you guys a hotel room", which is also true (and was very sweet of him to do I'll add).

I still wasn't certain as I would have emailed Izzy thanking him for the room, even though that email would have been 10 years ago.

So he called, and I felt like a total idiot for dicking him around all day trying to prove he was Izzy :facepalm: As soon as he said "Hey" I knew it was him, you could just tell instantly.

The only problem now is that Izzy might take ages to provide real proof publicly that he is behind the account and I'll look like a moron. Pure speculation but I think the RS tweets may have been pulled intentionally if Andy has been able to verify also.

"Izzy might take ages to provide real proof publicly that he is behind the account", sorry dude, He can take his phone and shoot a video saying all that stuff he supposedly wrote.

It is not that complicated.

1 minute ago, theconspirator said:

Hello! I've been a lurker for about a year, made an account a few months ago, but never posted. Anyway, I know this is a stretch....but could the spanish cover band video somehow be a hint to the dates in Mexico? Probably not, but I like to dream :lol: 

So that's why he used a spanish symbol in one of his tweets! XD

• Like 1