Should the band perform Velvet Revolver songs?

Should the band perform Velvet Revolver songs?  

139 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When The Eagles reunited, they incorporated Don Henley songs that were popular like "Boys of Summer" and "Dirty Laundry" into their sets since the band hadn't produced any new music in the time they were apart.

Since Axl is having the band do Chinese Democracy-era material, would it be fair that he should let the band perform some of their hits that happened during the break?

Slash barely performs VR songs at his solo shows outside Slither. They did play 3 tracks on his final show in December, but it's rarely more than 1 track last tour.

I'm sure people will vote yes, but why would Slash demand that Axl play tracks he doesn't play himself?

• Like 4

Absolutely not to both. Chinese Democracy is a Guns N' Roses album. Have a look at your CD. The name is right there on the spine: Guns N' Roses. Go to the record store. There, right along side all other Guns N' Roses albums, is Chinese Democracy. You want Snakepit? Look under Snakepit. You want VR? They have a section too. This band is Guns N Roses. They should do Guns N Roses songs.

27 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Absolutely not to both. Chinese Democracy is a Guns N' Roses album. Have a look at your CD. The name is right there on the spine: Guns N' Roses. Go to the record store. There, right along side all other Guns N' Roses albums, is Chinese Democracy. You want Snakepit? Look under Snakepit. You want VR? They have a section too. This band is Guns N Roses. They should do Guns N Roses songs.

Many bands INCLUDING GUNS AND ROSES did covers live before. I don't see the logic in excluding covers just because some band member was involved in the song. No sense whatsoever

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Many bands INCLUDING GUNS AND ROSES did covers live before. I don't see the logic in excluding covers just because some band member was involved in the song. No sense whatsoever

Oh, if we're just talking as covers and not because of who is in the band, then even more reason not to. Holy shit, there are so many better bands to cover out there. So many more AC/DC songs they could do, they could do some Stones, they could do some Zeppelin. Why bother with Snakepit and VR when there are so many better covers to do?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Oh, if we're just talking as covers and not because of who is in the band, then even more reason not to. Holy shit, there are so many better bands to cover out there. So many more AC/DC songs they could do, they could do some Stones, they could do some Zeppelin. Why bother with Snakepit and VR when there are so many better covers to do?

Um....GNR already played some obscure songs like Its Alright or Dust in the wind, when they could be doing ACDC, Stones, and Zeppelin. So yeah that's that.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

I'm gonna vote no. I love axl to death but I also love weiland and considering he just passed away, it just causes too many problems trying to cover him. Snake pit might not be as bad but since snake pit contributed to axl and slash falling out in 1996, I say avoid it. 

28 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Um....GNR already played some obscure songs like Its Alright or Dust in the wind, when they could be doing ACDC, Stones, and Zeppelin. So yeah that's that.

I said better, not better known. I'd love some obscure covers. The fact that VR and Snakepit are obscure isn't why I don't want GNR to cover them, I don't want GNR to cover those songs because they aren't worthy. 

2 minutes ago, axlslash said:

I said better, not better known. I'd love some obscure covers. The fact that VR and Snakepit are obscure isn't why I don't want GNR to cover them, I don't want GNR to cover those songs because they aren't worthy. 

Ultimately that's very subjective, because Axl actually liked some Snakepit stuff. He wanted some of those songs back actually, but it was too late. And I am sure he likes VRs Fall To Pieces because he already wanted to work on that back in the 90s

11 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Ultimately that's very subjective, because Axl actually liked some Snakepit stuff. He wanted some of those songs back actually, but it was too late. And I am sure he likes VRs Fall To Pieces because he already wanted to work on that back in the 90s

The question wasn't "will the," it was "should they," and the answer to that question will always be subjective. And to me, those songs should only be considered as covers, not songs by the band, and I think there are better covers to do. But as you said, that's subjective.

Voted no and no.

VR was underwhelming schlock, I don't really mean to be controversial here but I found both Velvet Revolver albums extremely disappointing and underwhelming.

I guess it doesn't help that I have always found Weiland to be a blatantly obvious, D grade knock off of legendary frontmen that he could never hold a candle to.

I'm much fonder of both Snakepit albums, but still voted no.

There's a lot to take into account (and I'm not an Axl nutswinger) but I'd rather hear Slash play CD songs than Axl sing schlock like Slither, which as far as I can tell is supposed to be one of VR's best.

• Like 1

Why not ?

Velvet revolver is dead , snakepit also dead ,  and slash solo work its so little compare to the greatnes of guns n roses that its like whatever.

So HELL YEAH. !!

add serial killer, FTP, slither, bent to fly and perhaps doctor al. 

Plus gnr twat, til, sorry , maybe if the world

Al those songs plus everything we know its gonna be there for sure and we got ourselves the greatest rock n roll show ever