Izzy Out.....

I woke up this morning and I watched Izzy's video posted on twitter. Since Izzy's topic is now closed I just wanna say kudos to @downliner, much respect!

And about Izzy, HE IS THE COOLEST MUSICIAN ON EARTH!

I know this is a lil' bit off topic, but again, the other one is closed, sory!

https://twitter.com/IzzyStradlin999

Edited by alfierose
Added video and OFFICIAL twitter link
  • Like 1

I see where Alfie is coming from on locking that one and starting a new one. To me, the biggest news was easily that Izzy wasn't involved but a lot of people seemed to want to debate whether the account was real of not. 

Now thay we know the account is real, I think the topic of Izzy not being involved "as of now" is an important one. 

On topic:

Prior to his tweet this morning, I was thinking he'd still be involved in some way, but I think that acoustic cover he shared is a big dig at Axl IMO. 

• Like 1

I would have just posted "Izzy in GNR??"

Maybe Izzy can start taking requests and performing more. Duff's Loaded opened for GNR, maybe if GNR do a tour, Steven and Izzy could also be the support bands? This way Steven and Izzy are more than "special guest" and actually getting paid to do the shows. 

Edited by dalsh327

Andy Greene finally did write his article: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/izzy-stradlin-no-involvement-in-guns-n-roses-reunion-20160301

From the piece: "At this point in time, I will not be playing at any of the April 2016 GNR shows," the guitarist said in an e-mail to Rolling Stone. "I've also not been in the studio recording or writing with any of the others recently. There is so much speculation, but so very little info, [that] I thought I should reach out."

11 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I see where Alfie is coming from on locking that one and starting a new one. To me, the biggest news was easily that Izzy wasn't involved but a lot of people seemed to want to debate whether the account was real of not. 

Now thay we know the account is real, I think the topic of Izzy not being involved "as of now" is an important one. 

On topic:

Prior to his tweet this morning, I was thinking he'd still be involved in some way, but I think that acoustic cover he shared is a big dig at Axl IMO. 

Just to clarify I locked the other thread so Izzy's current non involvement could be discussed without the baggage of the Twizzy saga (amusing as it was).

14 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

So the Mod that locked the Izzy thread said we could start another to discuss. Seemed easier to just keep the other one but here it is.. 

This was awful news for me to read this morning. I know it was never said that Izzy was going to be a part of this but I was really hoping the guys would realize how special this could be and make it happen.  It is great to have Axl, Slash and Duff back together but having Izzy there would just bring it to another level. I was really hoping him and Steven would be there in some capacity. We just had a 76 page thread on a tweet that we didn't know was Izzy's. That just shows how loved that guy is by the fan base. When you type Guns N' Roses into a google image search, 99% of the pics that come up are the Appetite lineup. Those 5 guys are Guns N' Roses. I was really hoping I was going to get to see these guys play together at some point. With Steven missing that benefit show I am thinking he is out too and there may be animosity between him and Slash surrounding this "reunion". 

Things could change but the shows are now only a month away.  Trying to keep positive thoughts but a lineup of Modern day Axl Rose, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Frank, Dizzy and Pittman is hardly Guns N' Roses and is a lot less exciting.. The excitement around this "reunion" could wear off pretty fast and this will probably be a one and done tour. I know it looks like Pittman might be out we really don't know because the band won't tell us who we are paying $3-400 to see. Having him gone would be huge now.

This fucking sucks... I was hoping the guys would find a way to get it together.. Even if it was only for a few songs... 

Izzy said "as of this time" so there is absolutely a possibility they will come to some agreement and he will be present. Don't give up hope. The whole publicly refuting the rumours could be strategy from Izzy to force Gn'R to accomodate his demands regarding playing a few shows, forcing their hands so to say by dispelling the dream that a pure reunion is in the works, and thus affecting ticket sales, encouraging a public demand for him to be present, and signalling that he is okay with not playing the shows hence encouraging them to accept higher terms (for him). So chin up, anything (almost literally) can happen in GN'R world.

19 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

So the Mod that locked the Izzy thread said we could start another to discuss. Seemed easier to just keep the other one but here it is.. 

This was awful news for me to read this morning. I know it was never said that Izzy was going to be a part of this but I was really hoping the guys would realize how special this could be and make it happen.  It is great to have Axl, Slash and Duff back together but having Izzy there would just bring it to another level. I was really hoping him and Steven would be there in some capacity. We just had a 76 page thread on a tweet that we didn't know was Izzy's. That just shows how loved that guy is by the fan base. When you type Guns N' Roses into a google image search, 99% of the pics that come up are the Appetite lineup. Those 5 guys are Guns N' Roses. I was really hoping I was going to get to see these guys play together at some point. With Steven missing that benefit show I am thinking he is out too and there may be animosity between him and Slash surrounding this "reunion". 

Things could change but the shows are now only a month away.  Trying to keep positive thoughts but a lineup of Modern day Axl Rose, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Frank, Dizzy and Pittman is hardly Guns N' Roses and is a lot less exciting.. The excitement around this "reunion" could wear off pretty fast and this will probably be a one and done tour. I know it looks like Pittman might be out we really don't know because the band won't tell us who we are paying $3-400 to see. Having him gone would be huge now.

This fucking sucks... I was hoping the guys would find a way to get it together.. Even if it was only for a few songs... 

But it could be as simple as Izzy doesn't want to be a part of it no matter if the rest of them want him to be.  I'm sure they realize how special it could be, but if the reason is that he simply doesn't want to do it then not much you can do if he can't be convinced.

Obviously I don't know if that is the case, but it is one possibility.

It was always assumed he wouldn't be up for a whole tour and that Fortus would stay on with or without him. What's sad is that he's giving the impression that things have gone sour and the reason why he won't be appearing is because his relationship with Axl is at an all time low for him to be taking to social media to make digs.

People will believe what they want to believe. Axl always keep the door open for Izzy in the past, if he's not in by now is because he doesn't want to. You can't deny that is good that he's at least reaching out now instead of having to let you down at one of the shows where he won't show up. 

"I know there's a lot of questions regarding my Twitter account," he said in a voicemail to Rolling Stone. "But it's me. I opened the Twitter account. There was just so much speculation going on regarding my involvement and studio recording. There’s so much misinformation, so I wanted to clarify that I'm not in the studio recording with any of the Guns N' Roses guys. At this point in time, I'm not involved in the actual shows ... A lot of stuff [fans] are reading isn't true."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/izzy-stradlin-no-involvement-in-guns-n-roses-reunion-20160301#ixzz41f5NUSNQ

Edited by fora

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Where did he confirm that indirectly?

"I know there's a lot of questions regarding my Twitter account," he said in a voicemail to Rolling Stone. "But it's me. I opened the Twitter account. There was just so much speculation going on regarding my involvement and studio recording. There’s so much misinformation, so I wanted to clarify that I'm not in the studio recording with any of the Guns N' Roses guys. At this point in time, I'm not involved in the actual shows ... A lot of stuff [fans] are reading isn't true."

Probably is just me being naive...:shrugs:

He also says "At this point in time...". Looks like an open door to me.

Jajaja people take the wildest things around here to give themselves hope. Now Izzy saying "I'm not involved in any recording or writing with Guns N' Roses" means that they're definitely doing it, and it has nothing to do with all the speculation that has been going around the subject. C'mon I'm not saying it ain't happening but this doesn't confirm anything. 

Like others have said and I've been saying it from the beginning...Izzy picked his words wisely when saying "at this point in time" leaving the possibilty of involvement open.  He never said he did not want to be involved or that he definitely would not be involved.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Izzy said "as of this time" so there is absolutely a possibility they will come to some agreement and he will be present. Don't give up hope. The whole publicly refuting the rumours could be strategy from Izzy to force Gn'R to accomodate his demands regarding playing a few shows, forcing their hands so to say by dispelling the dream that a pure reunion is in the works, and thus affecting ticket sales, encouraging a public demand for him to be present, and signalling that he is okay with not playing the shows hence encouraging them to accept higher terms (for him). So chin up, anything (almost literally) can happen in GN'R world.

Vegas, Coachella and Mexico are sold out shows. I don't see Izzy much less us fans/general public having any power regarding demads. I don't think arm twisting strategy is gonna work with someone like Axl. Except maybe promoters for the U.S. shows. If they say AFD line up or nothing that's another story

I never thought Izzy was going to be fully  in but thought he was going to play some part like a guest appearance like he has been doing for years.  It's still a good few weeks away so anything can happen, They may get Izzy on board but then with GNR! It could all explode. 

Glad to have more definitive confirmation that it is Izzy....I'm not going to apologize to anyone other than @downliner 

I hope there are no hard feelings and I already said sorry for a few things I said regarding the possibilities in this.

Other than that I believe @Slash787 summed things up pretty well in what he said in the other thread.

@highvoltage not sure why you called me out, I was on record saying it was probably Izzy with some reservations.  

Hopefully things change and Izzy becomes involved because he deserves to be.  He certainly appears content that he isn't, good for him :)

• Like 2