Izzy stradlin

Billsfan

On 3/3/2016 at 10:22 AM, whatashame said:

I used to like Izzy but he irritates me now and has been for a while

on one hand he is too cool to grant an interview for 10 years

on the other he shoves amateur twitter videos of some cover songs so we can praise how cool he is

if he doesn't want to be seen or heard - why twitter?

if he does - start talkin'!

and whatever ever happens, Izzy makes sure to be one step away in the shadow,

making us remember him so he can keep collecting the royalty paychecks,

yet he is always way too cool to make that one more step and make himself useful

I. Cant. Help. But. Agree. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Without Izzy, Gn'R would never have become a reality. What's the song that got them signed to a major label? Don't Cry. Who wrote half of Appetite? Izzy. First Illusions single? You Could Be Mine.

Who laid down the musical foundation? who's the most talented songwriter? who wrote a song Axl had to have even after the breakup? Izzy, Izzy, and Izzy again.

His solo albums are perfect representations of the man. It's not generic, it's great. Sounds like the Gn'R source to me.

Edit: and he fuckin' wrote Nightrain.

That's all true.  But that was then.  Time went on and unfortunately Izzy didn't.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, trev said:

That's all true.  But that was then.  Time went on and unfortunately Izzy didn't.

And Slash did? still wearing leather pants at 50, releasing cock rocks albums. Everyone is the same really. Izzy didn't veer too much from what he likes, Stones and Chuck Berry influenced rock n' roll, gave us some reggae. It's still great. It may not be versatile, it's not like he's saying something new, but each album has value, he has a very grounded way of looking at life and his music captures his essence as a human being and as a musician always.

Start with River and Juju Hounds and go from there, but he released 10 great albums and his latest tunes did not let me down.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rovim said:

And Slash did? still wearing leather pants releasing cock rocks albums. Everyone is the same really. Izzy didn't veer too much from what he likes, Stones influenced rock n' roll, chuck berry stuff, gave us some reggae It's still great. It may not be versatile, it's not like he's saying something new, but each album has value, he has a very grounded way of looking at life and his music captures his essence as a human being and musician always.

Start with River and Juju Hounds and go from there, but he released 10 great albums and his latest tunes did not let me down.

As in staying with the band (time went on comment).  I love his solo stuff by the way.  Even so, aside from a few albums, they're far from GnR writings.

12 minutes ago, trev said:

As in staying with the band (time went on comment).  I love his solo stuff by the way.  Even so, aside from a few albums, they're far from GnR writings.

For it to become a true Gn'R tune much work needs to be done, and you need Axl, Slash, and Duff as well. (buttfuck it like Duff said) I didn't include Steven only cause you need all the writers in the band.

But avocado seeds only come from Izzy. It's like Out Ta Get Me or Don't Cry or YCBM only became those tunes after they got the full Guns treatment from all the songwriters in the classic line up. Izzy probably writes a tune in 5 min or at least capable of that. He is way more organic, he doesn't seem to labor over tunes like Axl for example. But he was the foundation and all his solo albums contain so many Gn'R elements it's not even funny.

Edited by Rovim

31 minutes ago, Rovim said:

For it to become a true Gn'R tune much work needs to be done, and you need Axl, Slash, and Duff as well. (buttfuck it like Duff said) I didn't include Steven only cause you need all the writers in the band.

But avocado seeds only come from Izzy. It's like Out Ta Get Me or Don't Cry or YCBM only became those tunes after they got the full Guns treatment from all the songwriters in the classic line up. Izzy probably writes a tune in 5 min or at least capable of that. He is way more organic, he doesn't seem to labor over tunes like Axl for example. But he was the foundation and all his solo albums contain so many Gn'R elements it's not even funny.

I thought as his solo albums went on he went from the GnR blueprint to more so sounding like Bob Dylan...  but I could have them out of order since it's been a while.  Box is a great example of what GnR missed when Izzy left. 

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

Without Izzy, Gn'R would never have become a reality. What's the song that got them signed to a major label? Don't Cry. Who wrote half of Appetite? Izzy. 3 out of 4 Lies tunes including Patience? Jeffrey Dean Isbell. First Illusions single? You Could Be Mine.

Who laid down the musical foundation? who's the most talented songwriter? who wrote a song Axl had to have even after the breakup? Izzy, Izzy, and Izzy again.

His solo albums are perfect representations of the man. It's not generic, it's great. Sounds like the Gn'R source to me.

he wrote Nightrain. the song that made me a GN'R fanatic. that says it all for me...

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/12/2016 at 2:27 PM, Rovim said:

Without Izzy, Gn'R would never have become a reality. What's the song that got them signed to a major label? Don't Cry. Who wrote half of Appetite? Izzy. 3 out of 4 Lies tunes including Patience? Jeffrey Dean Isbell. First Illusions single? You Could Be Mine.

No Izzy, no GNR, like Alan Niven said, "It's Izzy's band, he's the one who went out there first". 

Out of all the guys, Izzy is the most versatile judging by what's been released, which makes it even more sadder that he and Slash didn't agree on things to make their own records together. That would have been something.

I like the fact that all three players, Izzy, Duff and Slash have different musical personalities, yet combined they are explosive. 

• Like 3

On 12/20/2016 at 7:22 AM, Rovim said:

releasing cock rocks albums.

at what point does music stop being labeled as cock rock/dad rock and start being labeled as rock. I hate those labels. Wheres cock metal or dad pop. Seems like the term cock rock has become synonymous with dad rock.

3 hours ago, Mendez said:

at what point does music stop being labeled as cock rock/dad rock and start being labeled as rock. I hate those labels. Wheres cock metal or dad pop. Seems like the term cock rock has become synonymous with dad rock.

Fuck yeah albums.

It's strange bevause Izzy recorded with Duff before the reunion. So it's not like aren't in contact. 

Then Axl says they agree to do something with Izzy. But he vanished. 

Then Izzy said it was the money. That sucks. 

I guess Izzy will only be involved on his terms. And everybody has to eat a little shit to be in Axl's band. 

Duff is on higher plain. He's doing the shows and giving some of his money to Slash. 

Izzy always struck as sarcastic and cynical. Like he was saying how the Stones should have died when they were cool. 

My last hope is that no Steven, no Izzy. But Fortus and Frank both claimed to be in from when Tommy left. They never seemed out. 

Edited by wasted

4 minutes ago, wasted said:

It's strange bevause Izzy recorded with Duff before the reunion. So it's not like aren't in contact. 

But they could have recorded that before Axl "insulted" Izzy. Then Duff decided to revert back to his spineless ways and Izzy said fuck this shit. Just a possible scenario, I don't know anything.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rovim said:

But they could have recorded that before Axl "insulted" Izzy. Then Duff decided to revert back to his spineless ways and Izzy said fuck this shit. Just a possible scenario, I don't know anything.

True. 

Axl and Izzy's relationship is strange. 

One day I expect the AFD line up.

Destruction Day is inevitable. 

It's kind of like they want everyone to think it's not going to happen. But then again maybe nobody cares. 

But Izzy lost a bit of money. I guess without wives and kids you just need gas money and some smokes. I wonder if Izzy has Obamacre. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

On 1/18/2017 at 3:08 AM, wasted said:

True. 

Axl and Izzy's relationship is strange. 

One day I expect the AFD line up.

Destruction Day is inevitable. 

It's kind of like they want everyone to think it's not going to happen. But then again maybe nobody cares. 

But Izzy lost a bit of money. I guess without wives and kids you just need gas money and some smokes. I wonder if Izzy has Obamacre. 

very strange personified by the song 14 years - axl and izzy are straight up soulmates in the sense of what true friends are for - the only problem is that axl is tremendously one sided in his thinking and this creates problems of division 

29 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

very strange personified by the song 14 years - axl and izzy are straight up soulmates in the sense of what true friends are for - the only problem is that axl is tremendously one sided in his thinking and this creates problems of division 

Yeah they sing that song together but then don't do the reunion together. Izzy was more pals with Axl than Slash and Duff a few years ago. 

My guess is Izzy making up was more private and he did a few shows. But Slash and Duff is more public and professionally they want to set the record straight. We can tour sober. 

• Like 2

On 1/19/2017 at 11:06 AM, double talkin jive mfkr said:

Well, they've known eachother for about 40 years at this point...and they've been fighting for most of them, but also have a foundation to their relationship that goes deeper than what any of the other band members have (except Slash & Steven).  I don't think the tour was that complicated...Izzy indicated he'd do the tour as an equal partner at least to Duff, and the three original members doing this tour weren't interested in diluting their share of the proceeds by agreeing to that arrangement.  They offered Izzy the option to appear as a guest musician for "fighter pilot money" in his words to the song, similar to their arrangement with Steven, which he refused.  So here we are.

Incidentally, Izzy's entire catalog is on Spotify now...I know it wasn't a few months ago.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/1/2017 at 3:25 PM, Ubertrout said:

Well, they've known eachother for about 40 years at this point...and they've been fighting for most of them, but also have a foundation to their relationship that goes deeper than what any of the other band members have (except Slash & Steven).  I don't think the tour was that complicated...Izzy indicated he'd do the tour as an equal partner at least to Duff, and the three original members doing this tour weren't interested in diluting their share of the proceeds by agreeing to that arrangement.  They offered Izzy the option to appear as a guest musician for "fighter pilot money" in his words to the song, similar to their arrangement with Steven, which he refused.  So here we are.

Incidentally, Izzy's entire catalog is on Spotify now...I know it wasn't a few months ago.

They need to get 117 and Like a Dog!!!