Rare new footage! - Guns N' Roses @ The Ritz - October 23rd, 1987

Wow just watched the clip there now that is guns n fuckin roses right there :headbang: it's always great to see footage like that and it's a pity there's not more of it. That's as good as I've ever heard the band sound hopefully we do start to see more videos like this as it's not only great for fans but it would be great to show everyone just why they became the most dangerous and biggest band in the world. Let's hope for a release of a show like this for AFD 30th 

There's just something about this back to basics sound that works for the band. I can see why Slash and Izzy found the idea of keyboards and horns and backup singers a bit too bloated

Theres no fat here it's all muscle!

Edited by GibsonLP
  • Like 3

Man....I want to see that Footage of Don't Cry. 

I hope this thing gets released someday.

If you guys haven't heard the 1988 Japanese Incident, then give it a hear, its only audio, but its amazing, Im posting one, but there are other songs too, really good quality. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

They should release the 87, 88 and 91 Ritz shows on Blu Ray next year for the 30th Anniversary of the first show

You're Crazy sounds AMAZING on this

KILLER fucking idea!  I love this forum..

12 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

This, to me, was the pinnacle of GN'R.

In my book the pinnacle lasted from first gig in hollywood 1985 until last gig in wembley 1991

I am sure we are having another mighty fine pinnacle as soon as axl, izzy, slash, duff and steven make new music again

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

• Like 1

This show is in excellent hands. Seriously, EVERY TRADER will want a piece of this and there's no telling what could come out of the woodwork in exchange for it. There are plenty of shows being held back that we haven't seen 10 seconds of, let alone 10 minutes.

That footage was fucking brilliant! What a show, definitely a step up from '88 in every way. 

Thankyou for sharing it Alex!!

• Like 1

On 3/6/2016 at 9:46 PM, itsprettytiedup said:

According to the description:

"Never before seen footage! Sure, we're very familiar with the phrase "Guns N' Roses Live at The Ritz" - but this isn't the footage you're thinking of - this is unreleased, never before seen, straight from a Geffen VHS, just three months after the release of their monumental debut album Appetite For Destruction, days before the infamous CBGB's Acoustic show (Which, until now, was thought to be the only known 1987 show to exist in video, sans rumors of a fan filmed August 1987 show in Toronto). The full footage will see the light of day some day, but to quote one himself "You'll see it, I'm just not sure if soon is the word" - though, I will entertain offers for trade for something of equal value within the GNR bootleg community.

The tapes contains a clip of Jungle, and fulls songs from My Michelle through Mama Kin. Footage is one hour in running time and was transferred directly from Geffen VHS via Ion Audio's Video 2 PC capture device. All cheesy, 80's High School AV club editing was all the rage in those daze and was done by Geffen, hahah."

Thanks Alex Anderson for the upload!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On 6 de marzo de 2016 at 11:46 PM, itsprettytiedup said:

According to the description:

"Never before seen footage! Sure, we're very familiar with the phrase "Guns N' Roses Live at The Ritz" - but this isn't the footage you're thinking of - this is unreleased, never before seen, straight from a Geffen VHS, just three months after the release of their monumental debut album Appetite For Destruction, days before the infamous CBGB's Acoustic show (Which, until now, was thought to be the only known 1987 show to exist in video, sans rumors of a fan filmed August 1987 show in Toronto). The full footage will see the light of day some day, but to quote one himself "You'll see it, I'm just not sure if soon is the word" - though, I will entertain offers for trade for something of equal value within the GNR bootleg community.

The tapes contains a clip of Jungle, and fulls songs from My Michelle through Mama Kin. Footage is one hour in running time and was transferred directly from Geffen VHS via Ion Audio's Video 2 PC capture device. All cheesy, 80's High School AV club editing was all the rage in those daze and was done by Geffen, hahah."

Thanks Alex Anderson for the upload!

My god!!...THIS IS THE HOLY GRAIL!!!! THNX !!!!! JUST I NEED TO SEE MARQUEE 1987 AND I CAN DIE IN PEACE!! 

Blu Ray doesn't improve videotape footage, in that case it would have more to do with storage and sound quality.  

If GNR offered vintage video & soundboard shows as part of the fan club subscription, it would definitely drive membership numbers up. 

We still don't know what shows were videotaped or filmed - as a support act like the Giants Stadium 1988 footage used for "Paradise City", or support to the Stones, Motley Crue, The Cult, Alice Cooper. 

I think anything shot for Geffen Records would be known by Tom Zutaut. Whatever David Geffen has in his archives was probably when he was a manager. 

Awesome find - What other tapes were in the lot and which ones did you get? 

Lori Earl worked for Jimmy Iovine and Dre, she probably has a lot of ChiDem-related stories on top of everything else that went on in her career. 

Edited by dalsh327

22 hours ago, stella said:

I really appreciate that this was made available...the only thing I wish is that they had left Axl's full rant in the video. Toward the end of this video he starts talking about how the press is trying to classify the band into one genre or another, and he's starting to make what sounds like a good point, and then it jumps to another clip! Arrrgh! Will have to look for it in the full audio that was posted here.

Unfortunately the transition you see from the rant into Mama Kin is just like it is on the VHS. It's about the ONLY thing I am disappointed with on this tape, lol.