Rare new footage! - Guns N' Roses @ The Ritz - October 23rd, 1987

On 3/6/2016 at 3:40 AM, Powerage5 said:

Alex is one of the nicest GN'R fans I've ever met. He came across something quite valuable, and is seeing if he can find anything else exciting by trade - that makes him a douche? No, it makes him a trader. If everyone put everything rare online the second they came across it, the trading community would be dead. 

He still gave us ten minutes of footage we've never seen (Or really even knew existed for that matter), he didn't have to do that even if he's looking for trades. I think a "thank you" is in order more than an insult. 

Who'd've thought West Ham supporters could be so rationale :lol: 

• Like 1

I hate this trading shit, I could get the point in the 80s or 90s but now, with internet.... Why hold the stuff you have? What if you die and that footage goes to the garbage like is nothing and fans go on without watching or listening to it, I think is pretty selfish and the person just wants to show off

• Like 3

I'm not defending anyone here but I traded a lot in the early 90s and it was all by post and sight unseen. You posted blanks sometimes and got the copied tape sent back. It sounds like caveman shit now but shows were a commodity. IF this guy trades for something he feels is of similar rarity we will have both shows available at some point. 

Surfacing shows back in the day took fucking forever.. You couldn't fire off an email like! It was Write a FN letter, post the thing wait weeks for the FN answer to come back and it's a I don't know or the dude that had it has moved and I don't know where... Caveman shit.... At least if you move your email stays the same now!

Having said all that... Dude leak the fucking thing, the band is on fire, those clips were like crack.  Moremoremoremore.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bigpoop said:

What drives me crazy is the things he's looking for are such shit in comparison. This is the ultimate. It can't be topped!

Obviously just my  opinion...but you know it's true.

oh there are certainly waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more gold from the pot where this came from

its probably in the band's hands and there is very little chance any of us will ever see or listen to any of it

apparently axl rose has no idea that GNR was the best band ever 1986-1991 and there are zillions of people willing to pay to see/listen to recordings of GNR

only someone that has no idea that GNR was the best band ever 1986-1991 would keep these recordings on the vault

only someone that has no idea that GNR was the best band ever 1986-1991 would release a turd album like live era with horrible rerecorded vocals and 90% of the performances taken from the horrible tracy and roberta era

you really have to be clueless about GNR to do that

10 hours ago, ludurigan said:

oh there are certainly waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more gold from the pot where this came from

its probably in the band's hands and there is very little chance any of us will ever see or listen to any of it

apparently axl rose has no idea that GNR was the best band ever 1986-1991 and there are zillions of people willing to pay to see/listen to recordings of GNR

only someone that has no idea that GNR was the best band ever 1986-1991 would keep these recordings on the vault

only someone that has no idea that GNR was the best band ever 1986-1991 would release a turd album like live era with horrible rerecorded vocals and 90% of the performances taken from the horrible tracy and roberta era

you really have to be clueless about GNR to do that

Maybe if they release some of that stuff now people will realize how shit the band has been since 93....... All that stuff will be released, once they're done playing live and can sit at home keeping the bank account plump releasing a bunch of these shows... 

12 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

GNR just proves to me the fact that every band needs a diehard fan on their team to help make good decisions...

Too bad we can't get them in touch with that Marc Canter guy. I know he's a stranger and all but he seems like a person with a high level of integrity that has the ability to see GNR from a fan's perspective while keeping the band's best interests a priority. A sort of curator. Anyway, he's probably just some crazy guy on an internet message board, no reason for them to trust him...

part of the afd anniversary should include an official remastered, color corrected, maybe even re-edited release of the 88 Ritz show.  nothing would make me happier than to have that show properly documented and released.  that show, the energy, the comraderie between the five kings… this is the proof real gnr was a force, all axl's bullshit "lineups" were just a caricature of that band, nothing ever came close and that's why everyone rejected it.  don't call it gnr if it ain't gnr.  Ritz 88 is gnr.  

part of me thinks axl and Team Yes will do their best to bury the show because of how it shines a spotlight on what a great band they were and how axl's hired employees on their best night couldn't touch real guns n' roses.  

Edited by Sunset Gardner
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Maybe if they release some of that stuff now people will realize how shit the band has been since 93.......

makes sense

5 hours ago, Sunset Gardner said:

part of the afd anniversary should include an official remastered, color corrected, maybe even re-edited release of the 88 Ritz show.  nothing would make me happier than to have this show properly documented and released.  this show, the energy, the comraderie between the five kings… this is the proof real gnr was a force, all axl's bullshit "lineups" were just a caricature of this band, nothing ever came close and that's why everyone rejected it.  don't call it gnr if it ain't gnr.  Ritz 88 is gnr.  

part of me thinks axl and Team Yes will do their best to bury this show because of how it shines a spotlight on what a great band they were and how axl's hired employees on their best night couldn't touch this show or real guns n' roses.  

yeah, they were the best ever 1986-91

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ludurigan said:

makes sense

yeah, they were the best ever 1986-91

They kinda got shit around the time Izzy left.... Strange that isn't it!!

Bit like The Stones and Mick Taylor..... 

I don't believe at this point much as I love the band up to 91 that Slash / Duff / Axl have any integrity. They are happy to imitate what they were and do a Muzak lounge version of the band now. 

What planet is Axl living on where that redneck tache was a good idea... their next video should be him getting off a bus BACK in Indiana with some hay in his mouth and that tache back again.. Cue duelling banjos...

Edited by Powderfinger
Grammar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

They kinda got shit around the time Izzy left.... Strange that isn't it!!

Bit like The Stones and Mick Taylor..... 

I don't believe at this point much as I love the band up to 91 that Slash / Duff / Axl have any integrity. They are happy to imitate what they were and do a Muzak lounge version of the band now. 

What planet is Axl living on where that redneck tache was a good idea... their next video should be him getting off a bus BACK in Indiana with some hay in his mouth and that tache back again.. Cue duelling banjos...

at this point i reallly dont care about integrity, videos, etc

i really dont care if these guys are money whores with no integrity -- it really looks that way from the outside

axl rose did the best anti-rock star rant ever in pasadena 1987 say that "i lived on these fucking streets for about seven fucking years and i am just like you thats all there is to it" and a few years later he was behaving like the worst prima donna rock star ever

===

all i care right now is this: when is the best band ever get back together again?

how many more years will they waste with stupid aliens that destroy the sound of the band?

will the world ever have the chance to see the best band ever create, record and perform new music?

• Like 2

Just now, yourcrazy said:

I don't know why so much has been filmed and recorded and then hidden away.  

two words: axl. rose.  

i would hope someone from Team Yes opens the vaults and starts releasing things now that everyone's getting along.     

On 13/05/2017 at 11:00 AM, Rayno said:

Izzy's guitar is pretty loud. That's also why it sounds so great. His guitar used to be way louder in the mix during the 80s than later.

Yes, and I understand now why Fortus fits so well : he and Izzy sound almost the same. Fortus is much more skilled though. It's like he is an"updated" Izzy : faster, better, stronger.

Edited by Sunset Boulevard