Have Axl and Slash actually reconciled?

13 hours ago, sonofnazareth said:

Those arenas seat between 10-12,000 people whereas MSG and the O2 in London seat about 20,000. The biggest artists play stadiums or multiple nights at the largest arenas such as MSG/02 London...Michael Jackson was supposed to play 50 shows at the 02 arena. 

Since the 02 in Ireland became the 3arena they took away a lower tier to fit people in all the way back to the bars. Its previous capacity (when it was 02) was 14500, now its capacity is well north of 15000. Slash played there in 2014, (when it was the 3arena), and it was packed to the brim.

6 hours ago, downliner said:

That's why I started my post with "I think".... I sincerely hope the guys in Guns are doing this more for their own well-being and to rekindle old friendships :) What you posted isn't a fact though, it's just your own speculation as was my original post :thumbsup:

So its not a fact that they have reconciled? Slash said it nearly a year ago, Del is cool with Slash and there is fucking gnr shows with Slash back in coming, that sure seems like reconciliation, which I stated was a fact.

29 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

So its not a fact that they have reconciled? Slash said it nearly a year ago, Del is cool with Slash and there is fucking gnr shows with Slash back in coming, that sure seems like reconciliation, which I stated was a fact.

There is a difference between what seems like something and what is undeniably a fact. Yes, there are signs that suggest they have reconciled (although Slash never expliticly said so) but there are also signs that suggest they haven't. That is why we are all left to speculation and anyone claiming otherwise are neglecting signs suggesting the other alternative.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Padme said:

What kind of reaction do you expect when people see some radom member like Kaneda? He is someone who is not a regular poster here. A lot of people never heard of him before or have heard very little about him. Maybe what Kaneda says is 100% true but maybe not. After all he is not there with Axl everyday. So what it is true today may not necessarely be true  in 3 months. I don't blame him nor the fans who are skeptical. In case you haven't noticed we are dealing with lots of rumors everyday. Unfortunately at this stage Kaneda is just another sort of insider adding more fuel to fire. Again I'm not blaming him. It is not his fault that GN'R operates in the lamest possible way. All we hear from management is an idiotic comment like "If you knew what I know". When instead management could be at least denying or clarifying some of the rumors. For example if there is not warm up show in L.A. nor elsewhere then I think it's management duty to deny.

Totally agree that the band or management should be updating the fans. And Kaneda is far from some random poster. 

4 hours ago, Philipm787 said:

Since the 02 in Ireland became the 3arena they took away a lower tier to fit people in all the way back to the bars. Its previous capacity (when it was 02) was 14500, now its capacity is well north of 15000. Slash played there in 2014, (when it was the 3arena), and it was packed to the brim.

I just looked up a couple reviews of that show and the attendance is listed at 10,000. 

1 minute ago, Apollo said:

I just looked up a couple reviews of that show and the attendance is listed at 10,000. 

Definitely more than 10,000, trust me, I was there. Noted the lack of scalpers, arena was not curtained and the GA was absolutely black with people? 

6 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

There is a difference between what seems like something and what is undeniably a fact. Yes, there are signs that suggest they have reconciled (although Slash never expliticly said so) but there are also signs that suggest they haven't. That is why we are all left to speculation and anyone claiming otherwise are neglecting signs suggesting the other alternative.

Judging by this short interview, Axl clearly missed Slash's creativity prior to the Chinese album:

Edited by Slosh13

On 10/03/2016 at 6:59 PM, Kaneda said:

Take this for what it's worth.  But I was about to work on a marketing program to promote this comeback show. A major brand was about to sponsor the Vegas shows and do something AWESOME to celebrate Axl & Slash reuniting.  Unfortunately, the GN'R camp didn't get back to the brand and it all fell through (not surprised).  But the interesting part was this...we were told: 

1.  The band is not on great terms

2. They will do no interviews together 

3. They will not be photographed together 

I don't know what to believe.  I find it hard to believe Axl would do this if he weren't 100% cool with it and everyone involved.  But this feedback came from the management teams of all parties involved. If it's true, it would be sad.  This is such a historic musical moment and once again GN'R is missing a golden opportunity to blow it out and give the fans what they deserve - to feel proud of GN'R again.  What camp GN'R doesn't understand is the fans LOVE and WANT to see this concert hyped and promoted.  Seeing Axl/Slash/Duff together, having a good time, laughing, talking...man that would mean more than the concert itself.  The chemistry has to be there OFF the stage for it to occur ON the stage.  Here's hoping this is wrong. 

K

1. Nothing new. 

2. Nothing new. 

3. Nothing new. 

I also imagine the didn't get back to the sponsor because Fernando was still exhausted from the last Three Hour Meeting. 

On 3/9/2016 at 1:25 PM, Towelie said:

Bullshit.

Kaneda, this isn't the first time you've claimed to have inside info and you've proven unreliable in the past.

What have I been wrong about in the past?  Last time I checked I actually got GN'R more press than anybody else out there.  So don't question my love of this band and wanting to see them get the hype right this time around.   If I could, I would forward you the deck with the coolest ideas that would have blown people away.  Major brand, major limited edition item that fans would have gone CRAZY for.  Why would I lie about this?  

And yes, the mood from people involved is that everyone is talking through intermediaries.   

On 3/9/2016 at 3:18 PM, action said:

it's all part of the drama that's carefully being orchestrated, people!

chaos, betrayal, mayham... it's all part of the package.

or did you expect Axl, slash and Duff guest appearing at some lame ass talk show and answer awkward questions like we're all one crazy big family? get a grip.

Expect Axl to be pissed and late on stage, insulting random crowd member with an ashba t shirt, and generally acting his character, and the others having no clue what's happening.

it will be fun.

You're 100% wrong.  Nothing is orchestrated here.  People always think there's some master plan unfolding and we're witnessing it in action.  The only plan is this:  we don't give a shit.  And that's why we love GN'R, but it's also why things will never come close to being as epic as they could if they did give more.  I still feel the amazing music on Chinese D was met with apathy simply because the band didn't promote it or market it at all.  Seemed like they didn't care so fans didn't care.  

Driving in my car listening to Chinese D, the song, and man that song HITS SO FUCKING HARD it should be a huge hit.  It wasn't.  Why? Because they never promoted it properly.  Same with Better, Prostitute, etc.   

• Like 2

On 3/9/2016 at 5:28 PM, paranoyd androyd said:

i wouldn't doubt that each of those statements have some merit to them, but i don't believe for a second that 'GNR management' would just tell you that. sounds totally ridiculous tbh.

I think you guys don't realize GN'R management extends beyond team Brazil.  There are publicists/agents who handle each of these guys.  Those people work with brands, it's not always team Brazil. 

On 3/10/2016 at 1:45 PM, OTHAFA said:

The original post of the thread claims they turned down the opportunity to work together for a marketing program, which sounds like an obvious opportunity to make additional money, so there's one example. Another thread here that caused hand-wringing was about the lack of any sort of press conference or promotional spots. I know people would like to see the big sponsored press conference (that the band would be paid handsomely for) like Van Halen did where Eddie planted a big wet kiss on DLR, but again that's another example of the band letting this reunion happen organically rather than forcing the issue for money.

I've been one of Axl's harshest critics over the last 10 or so years that I've been on this site, and I know if they did that phony press conference "let's show everyone how much we like each other" deal I would be on here ranting about how fake it looked, along with probably tons of other MyGNR posters. It's a no-win situation in a lot of ways. If you stay in the dark, keep their friendship private and let the music do the talking, it's because they hate each other. If they pimp the hell out of this thing, go on every talk show and get everything sponsored and paid for, it's because they're only out for the money.

Look - the money is what it is. It's what the marketplace says they are worth and I don't expect anyone to take less money than they are worth to do something they excel at. Would you take half your proposed salary to help your co-workers get paid more? I sure as hell wouldn't.

The big money is there now, it was there five years ago and it was there 10 years ago. So why now? I genuinely think it's because they have patched up their differences. If it was solely for the money, this would have happened years ago. To me, the money and personal relationship go together. Axl and Slash aren't going to put their pride aside and get together just for money, but on the other hand they certainly aren't going to make amends, and decide to go on a cheap charity tour. I truly believe they patched up their differences, want to play together again, and want to get paid well to do so. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Let me just clarify something really important.  What we were working on didn't require the band at all.  We were going to make some really incredible limited edition versions of something to celebrate this historic moment.  We weren't asking for Axl.  We weren't asking for Slash.  We were told not to expect their participation in anything.  It's just sad that we never heard back from the GN'R camp on the program.  Trust me, you guys would have been going bonkers to get your hands on what we had in store.  

So while it may seem "cool" to just blow off brand support, and that's GN'R being GN'R...it's the fans who ultimately suffer when these things die.   I don't even think Axl or Slash even know about this type of stuff.  They probably don't care.  And that's cool.  But I just wish there were more professionals surrounding them who could ink the right deals to give these guys the hype they deserve and the fans the recognition they deserve.   This was 100% for the fans.  

Guys let's face it, as fans of GN'R, we deserve it after all these years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kaneda said:

You're 100% wrong.  Nothing is orchestrated here.  People always think there's some master plan unfolding and we're witnessing it in action.  The only plan is this:  we don't give a shit.  And that's why we love GN'R, but it's also why things will never come close to being as epic as they could if they did give more.  I still feel the amazing music on Chinese D was met with apathy simply because the band didn't promote it or market it at all.  Seemed like they didn't care so fans didn't care.  

Driving in my car listening to Chinese D, the song, and man that song HITS SO FUCKING HARD it should be a huge hit.  It wasn't.  Why? Because they never promoted it properly.  Same with Better, Prostitute, etc.   

regardless of promotion, i found the CD album to be underwhelming and bloated, compared to the other GNR albums. the guitars sound plastic (maybe on purpose, but that's how they sound to me), the drumming is truly awful, bass is inaudible compared to duff's playing...

Axl's vocals has too much mickey mouse, so much that the parts where he sounds like old Axl (like on IRS) it reminds us how changed the vocals are, not for the better.

the quality of the music gave the critics an easy stick to beat a dog. its not their fold the album didnt rock as much as older albums, it's what it is.

CD is UYI II in overdrive. too much ballads, too much broadway, too much Queen, too much of everything in stead of the true GNR sound

Edited by action

2 hours ago, Kaneda said:

What have I been wrong about in the past?  Last time I checked I actually got GN'R more press than anybody else out there.  So don't question my love of this band and wanting to see them get the hype right this time around.   If I could, I would forward you the deck with the coolest ideas that would have blown people away.  Major brand, major limited edition item that fans would have gone CRAZY for.  Why would I lie about this?  

And yes, the mood from people involved is that everyone is talking through intermediaries.   

Don't worry about it, man. There are a lot of "newer" posters who do this weird thing of believing rumors by complete strangers who claim to have inside connections, but then they DONT believe information shared by people who have had an actual connection to the band. They won't believe you and Downliner. But they will give credence to Emmitt from Arkansas who says his uncle talked to Axl's barber, who said X, Y and Z. Then they will repeat it like it is fact. 

It's one of the crazier things I've seen on the forum. 

Is the McDonald's rumor true? Chicken McNuggets shaped like band members faces?

Or maybe action figures to cash in on the toy market craze! Or a GnR App?

Gnr shoe line designed by Kayne?

• Like 1

It's hard to say.  On one hand, I get it. This might be one of the most fragile reunions in rock history.  Maybe internally they just agreed that it's best to just think about the shows and rehearsals (recording?) leading up to the shows, and that public interviews would not be given until the tour was actually up and running. 

On the other hand, EVERYONE wants to hear from these guys.  There's just so, so many questions about how this was put together, and where they'll go from here.  

Edited by sofine11

1 hour ago, Babooshka said:

Kaneda, that is a bleak picture that you paint.

Axl and Slash will be playing a show together in 3 weeks.  Bleak?  Hell no.  That's not bleak at all.  Just wish they would act a little more professional at times when it comes to touring / marketing.  That's all. 

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:08 PM, Italian girl said:

how sad it would be if this is the reality

Would you be shocked though?

I know a lot of folks think all this silence is part of some master plan.  But I tend to think its because this is all being done with gritted teeth.

• Like 1

I believe what @Kaneda is saying. Honestly, because it makes sense. Sure, I'm as hyped as anyone about these Vegas shows, but I'm also not in a proper mindset. I can't help but imagine how great it COULD be, when it reality they probably aren't even speaking.

As a fan, I'm sad if its as unprofessional as its sounding backstage. Sad, not surprised, which is a major difference. I'm sad because I'm paying them GOOD money, more money than I've ever spend on a concert EVER for them to really be doing this for the right reasons. But in the end, it shouldn't be surprising that all I'm probably supporting is for them to get some cash and live great lives.

I'll be in Vegas, primarily to see an incredible show. To see the reunion that it should be. But hey, if they're only seeing each for the first time before getting on that stage, anything can happen. If they put on a kickass show, its worth $250. If they get into a grudge match onstage and Slash OR Axl walks off, in all honesty that TOO is worth $250. Maybe I'm weird, but I'd prefer it to be a raging success or a horrible Hindenberg style failure than it be a rote, by the books, perfunctory performance with absolutely zero emotion with band members looking off stage at the check they are receiving. I want something thats worth money to see, either a new beginning happening or tempers flaring so much that punches are thrown. Something historic. NOT settling, but unsurprisingly thats probably what will get.

I'd also like to note that while I agree with everything @Kaneda is saying, I also want nothing more than what @OTHAFA is saying. We ALL deserve this kind of ending, and I'm thinking in the way of @OTHAFA all the way up until and through this Vegas concert. But to be surprised by anything @Kaneda is saying is silly, and if they are right in the opportunities GNR has squandered with this its more like to believe the reality of "they aren't speaking, they don't talk, and they don't want to."

Edited by gunsfanoldie
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, D-GenerationX said:

I know a lot of folks think all this silence is part of some master plan.  But I tend to think its because this is all being done with gritted teeth.

No, I wouldn't be shocked. But I'm sort of surprised Slash would do it then, and I'm REALLY surprised Duff would do it. They don't need to and haven't. Why grit your teeth and do it now? Especially Duff, who its not like has a failing brand of a band to carry on with or a divorce to deal with. I genuinely don't see why Duff would participate unless it was fun on some sort of level.

24 minutes ago, D-GenerationX said:

I really don't know what to think..

Sometimes I feel positive vibes, other times I've negative thoughts...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

No, I wouldn't be shocked. But I'm sort of surprised Slash would do it then, and I'm REALLY surprised Duff would do it. They don't need to and haven't. Why grit your teeth and do it now? Especially Duff, who its not like has a failing brand of a band to carry on with or a divorce to deal with. I genuinely don't see why Duff would participate unless it was fun on some sort of level.

I think perhaps Duff is the one who wants this most, I get the impression he's a guy who tries to fix stuff (he's tried to help others with addiction issues for example). He is on good terms with both the other two so maybe this is closure of sorts for him. However he may have bitten off more than he can chew! :lol:

• Like 2