Have Axl and Slash actually reconciled?

Take this for what it's worth.  But I was about to work on a marketing program to promote this comeback show. A major brand was about to sponsor the Vegas shows and do something AWESOME to celebrate Axl & Slash reuniting.  Unfortunately, the GN'R camp didn't get back to the brand and it all fell through (not surprised).  But the interesting part was this...we were told: 

1.  The band is not on great terms

2. They will do no interviews together 

3. They will not be photographed together 

I don't know what to believe.  I find it hard to believe Axl would do this if he weren't 100% cool with it and everyone involved.  But this feedback came from the management teams of all parties involved. If it's true, it would be sad.  This is such a historic musical moment and once again GN'R is missing a golden opportunity to blow it out and give the fans what they deserve - to feel proud of GN'R again.  What camp GN'R doesn't understand is the fans LOVE and WANT to see this concert hyped and promoted.  Seeing Axl/Slash/Duff together, having a good time, laughing, talking...man that would mean more than the concert itself.  The chemistry has to be there OFF the stage for it to occur ON the stage.  Here's hoping this is wrong. 

K

Edited by Kaneda
  • Like 1

Not to mention the thing about interviews isn't really surprising. Axl hasn't hardly done any interviews in the last 10 years of you really think about it, so even with all this going on I wouldn't expect that to change him and have him and Slash sit down on a leather couch together and get interviewed.

And as someone else pointed out, they won't be photographed together, but they plan on performaing giant shows to sold out crowds?

• Like 2

I bet they were in the same room together once to confirm everything and sign the papers. Otherwise they're probably communicating through intermediaries like they were in the 90's. 

That's why I think it's funny people are already jumping at the bit about Slash recording new stuff on CD-era songs. I have no inside info, of course, but it's strange that these concerts are a month away and there's literally no confirmation of who is actually going to be there (outside of the big three), no interviews of them (together or separately), no pictures, etc. Then you have Izzy saying he's not a part of this...it all seems very strangely put together. 

Then again there's always the chance that we wake up tomorrow and there's a picture of the three of them on a magazine cover with a massive spread inside. 

• Like 1

I think this fits perfectly to this situation. If they really reconsiled why dont they actually talk about it? I know axls not much of a pr genius but not even a small note letting the world know hes cool with Slash again is peculiar. If we had just the information of the GnR camp we wouldnt even expect them to play together. Maybe axl bites the bullet here because he needs the money.

• Like 1

I have been wondering the same thing.

I still think the band whoever will tour, should have a press conference like the Crue had to explain the tour and the so called reunion. Have every member of the band, old and original there sitting at the same table discussing exactly how the reunion came about and if Slash and Axl are actually on talking terms.

I think we all deserve it. Will we get it? Who the hell knows?

I just know before those tour dates begin, someone should tell us something.

57 minutes ago, Kaneda said:

A major brand was about to sponsor the Vegas shows and do something AWESOME to celebrate Axl & Slash reuniting.  Unfortunately, the GN'R camp didn't get back to the brand and it all fell through (not surprised).  

More free Dr. Pepper?

Edited by TheSeeker

17 minutes ago, Sprite said:

But they'll share a stage in front of 40K with cameras everywhere? 

I'm skeptical but like hearing rumors. Thanks!

It took over 10 years for Axl to finally allow NewGNR to be photographed together in a band photo

gunsrosesband2012logo.jpg

Edited by TheSeeker

They are 50 something,multi millionaires. Why do some of you think they need to best buds in order to put on a great three hour show? They don't.  Plenty of bands travel separately and aren't chilling together offstage yet they still manage to deliver the goods live.

8 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

It took over 10 years for Axl to finally allow NewGNR to be photographed together in a band photo

gunsrosesband2012logo.jpg

I get that. I just don't buy Axl/The band won't be seen/associate with Slash/Each other which is the general idea Kaneda was trying to show I think. Considering he's willing to introduce Slash back into what a lot of the general public feel is both of their band, mitigates this rumor to me. 

There could be a myriad of reasons why the old new band never took a proper photo until 2012. I don't know if there is evidence that supports Axl specifically would not allow it as you are alluding to. Maybe we'll all come on here one day and bam.. a new band picture of NuOriginal GNR.

Edited by Sprite

35 minutes ago, Kaneda said:

Take this for what it's worth.  But I was about to work on a marketing program to promote this comeback show.

Did it involve free Dr. Pepper?

Edit: I see TheSeeker beat me to it. :max:

Edited by Bumblefeet

I call bullshit too. Not sure if they're the best of friends but no way axl gets back on Stage with slash unless they're cool with each other and trust one another. A lot of great of points have already been made too.

Assuming the OP is truthful with regard to the information provided, then I say management is trying to create a diversion or distract us from something.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sprite said:

I don't know if there is evidence that supports Axl specifically would not allow it as you are alluding to. 

The evidence: Axl owns the band and controls everything

This isn't a "reunion" because Axl still controls everything and Slash is now just one of his hired hands