Signed Drumhead to be Auctioned Off For Flint, MI Benefit

17 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Agreed with all except the part about staying silent being the right thing to do. They could have confirmed this lineup for us awhile ago and frankly they should have. And this is pretty much the lineup we were all expecting minus pitman, which again, they could have just told us and knocked the speculation out of the way. I don't think the silence has paid off yet but I'll still give it some time

Somehow I get the silence. I mean, if they confirmed this lineup as soon as the "reunion" was confirmed, the ticket sales wouldn't have been the same, IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Somehow I get the silence. I mean, if they confirmed this lineup as soon as the "reunion" was confirmed, the ticket sales wouldn't have been the same, IMO.

I guess but that would just mean they're only doing the 6 shows. What about the rest of the tour? So let's say they book a stadium tour now, well, the secrets out now. We were gonna find out eventually. That's why I think they just should have said something and gotten out of the way

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

and maybe they weren't show of the lineup at that point?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

I guess but that would just mean they're only doing the 6 shows. What about the rest of the tour? So let's say they book a stadium tour now, well, the secrets out now. We were gonna find out eventually. That's why I think they just should have said something and gotten out of the way

Remember we have the 30th AFD anniversary next year. Maybe the 2017 lineup won't be this one? I could see this six shows with this lineup, and then the "AFD lineup tour" starting late 2016 in South America as all the rumours are pointing. And then in 2017 you get the Billboard 25 US dates and an European leg. Just gessing though

And as Mr.Dude said, maybe they just didn't have the lineup arranged at that time. But it seems weird to do this huge comeback without knowing who the drummer and rhythm guitarrist were going to play the shows.

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Remember we have the 30th AFD anniversary next year. Maybe the 2017 lineup won't be this one? I could see this six shows with this lineup, and then the "AFD lineup tour" starting late 2016 in South America as all the rumours are pointing. And then in 2017 you get the Billboard 25 US dates and an European leg. Just gessing though

Wouldn't doubt the 2017 scenario but I still say they're touring the us this summer. Maybe they just wanna see how the first six shows go first. The 6 guys with guest spots from Adler and Izzy. Hopefully Adler is signed and staying silent while they're trying to work out Izzy now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Wouldn't doubt the 2017 scenario but I still say they're touring the us this summer. Maybe they just wanna see how the first six shows go first. The 6 guys with guest spots from Adler and Izzy. Hopefully Adler is signed and staying silent while they're trying to work out Izzy now.

They may bring it all along gradually and incrementally- starting with the big 3- then Adler, then Izzy, then Tobias, and on.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Dude said:

They may bring it all along gradually and incrementally- starting with the big 3- then Adler, then Izzy, then Tobias, and on.

Vegas night 1: encore with Izzy, night 2: encore with Adler, Coachella: both, Mexico: ???, Coachella night 2: play extended encore with both (like 8-9 songs). Release all or the best of the Coachella encore(s) with 2-3 new songs on an EP, announce SA winter tour, then AFD 30th/new album tour next year? Yeah, that's probably the plan. :lol:

*tries to find the way back to reality*

Edited by Gordon Comstock

29 minutes ago, vloors said:

It's not the original line up people want but it is the best line-up they have had since the illusions tour.

Glad pitman was left out ? 

You do have a point about the best lineup since the illusions tour..

Well this is lineup it looked like it was going to be anyway.. The least exciting lineup that is still acceptable. Just one notch from being kind of lame.. Pittman is one of those notches.. Thank god his name isn't on that thing.. Let's face it, Slash and Duff have been playing together forever so they are just adding Axl. This is now on his shoulders.. If he comes out looking and sounding like complete shit as he does most of the time, is this really that special? Having another original member could offset that a bit. Would for me anyway. 

Pittman being out his huge! Not having 3 guitar players and 2 keyboardists is a plus for sure..

Still do not like Frank as a drummer.. Sorry, just can't.. I have seen to many examples of him ruining the vibe of songs.. I never paid that much attention to NuGuns but have been watching a good amount lately to see what we are dealing with.. Axl is usually the biggest negative of the performances but Frank definitely has his moments too...

Could take Fortus or leave him.. I do think he is a bit of a show boat and poser on stage.. Hopefully his ego isn't too big to take a step back and just play rhythm guitar now.

Hopefully Frank and Fortus work hard to try and bring that old school vibe back. NuGuns are done.. It didn't work...

Again this is all on Axl.. I hope he comes out kicking ass and taking names... If he somehow does, this will still be awesome.. Not as good as it could or should be, but should work.

• Like 2

Glad this is pretty much confirmed. But damn, I thought for sure they'd go the three guitar route. Whether it had been Izzy, Gilby, Kushner, whoever. Wow.

As for Shitman, it's like I said before. Maybe he's still in in a studio capacity, but they gave him the boot from touring. Would also explain why he gets to keep his side projects going while Fortus, Frank, and Dizzy had to "clear their schedules. That was probably a Slash thing, which would be cool since that would probably mean Slash and Duff have some saying power in this operation. :).

But yeah, glad they got rid of the dead weight. At least for touring. Explains the round of shit fits. Definetely softens the blow of Izzy's probable absence.

• Like 1

What likely happened was Frank wanted to raise more money, sent it to TB to see if Axl would sign it then Axl signed it, and after TB found the other 3 at rehearsals they had them sign it before sending it back to Frank. 

So long story short, all communication with Axl starts and ends with TB. I don't believe Axl is rehearsing yet. I imagine he hasn't left his house much lately.