Duff will talk with Eddie soon....

I'm super biased, but honestly I'd prefer they not say anything until after Vegas. That way it really makes the premiere of Slash and Axl as big as it can possibly be because we'll know absolutely nothing. Obviously I like that idea cause I'll be there, but I also think there's nothing they can say now that would happen BEFORE Vegas or the April shows. And anyone that wants to go to the April shows now knows whether they are or not. So they have nothing to gain by talking now, while simultaneously saying anything now would kill a bit of the magic of the Vegas premiere. Might as well have total silence until they finally walk out on that stage. What's saying something now gonna change, except to take a little mystique away from the opening.

Edited by gunsfanoldie
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I'm super biased, but honestly I'd prefer they not say anything until after Vegas. That way it really makes the premiere of Slash and Axl as big as it can possibly be because we'll know absolutely nothing. Obviously I like that idea cause I'll be there, but I also think there's nothing they can say now that would happen BEFORE Vegas or the April shows. And anyone that wants to go to the April shows now knows whether they are or not. So they have nothing to gain by talking now, while simultaneously saying anything now would kill a bit of the magic of the Vegas premiere. Might as well have total silence until they finally walk out on that stage. What's saying something now gonna change, except to take a little mystique away from the opening.

I thought the same when Chinese came out. Axl came off as superstitious not wanting to say anything until the record was released. Yeah, they may be treating this very carefully and not say anything until the Vegas shows are complete. Kind of sucks but whatever, only 21 days to go!

I love this band -reminds  me of the group back in day -  when they would say its our rules motherfuckers and we don't listen too or do anything unless its on our terms and if you don't like it -fuck off- Guns n Fucking Roses are back and  I am so pumped -  get in the ring motherfuckers!!!!! Cant fucking wait 

Edited by iceman51999
  • Like 2

all this pretty much points out how much this reunion wheights on those 3 as well, they are very careful with it as it seems. I'd like to believe it really means a lot to axl slash and duff personally who knows they are just i don't know getting things straight about it and enjoy the fact they are a band again? valueing being on good terms personally? Also the fact Duff told Eddie about talking to him first says a lot about how much they trust him and no other media... I like the way they do this because i think this is the best way for them 3 personal as it is a BIG thing for them each! Let them do it their way it's not an easy thing that happens everyday. lets not forget how unlikely this whole thing was for the past 20 years ;) 

• Like 1

Remember when the NuGuns (hired musicians like Frank and Fortus are still) would chirp?   "We are working on stuff"...."we are writing".   "We...."    Those guys were so star struck, attention hungry.   Kinda funny looking back at.....and sad.  

28 minutes ago, Original said:

Remember when the NuGuns (hired musicians like Frank and Fortus are still) would chirp?   "We are working on stuff"...."we are writing".   "We...."    Those guys were so star struck, attention hungry.   Kinda funny looking back at.....and sad.  

Well to their defense, they were treated like fulltime members of GNR and hoped that some of the material will come out someday. It's not really their fault the band was not called Axl & Friends, although it basically was.

21 minutes ago, gunners fan said:

On how he got back in the band:

The hotel incident with Axl, subsequently filling in for Tommy. 

What happened? What is the hotel incident?

The hotel incident is what ultimately got the ball rolling.Duff was in London on a business trip and coincidently was in the same hotel as Axl unbeknownst to them a few years ago.They inevitably started talking to each other again for the first time since Duff casually informed Axl he was quitting Guns at a dinner meeting in 1998.was it 98? I might be a little off

Edited by RecipeForDisaster84

Nope.......London 2016....Baz and Axl are at Gordon Ramsey's Savoy..
Waitress tells the boys....JB is eating alone....by the window.....on the other side

Baz gets up...looks over...sure enough she is right.

Axl asks the w to send a glass of champagne to JB courtesy of X/B

he sees them and they spend the rest of the night party!!

dont believe me......google it.

https://www.gordonramsayrestaurants.com/savoy-grill/menus/

8 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Great but knowing how sensitive axl probably is idk, I just wouldn't wanna ask anything that would drive him off the edge. We finally have a reunion so ruining that I'm avoiding..There's plenty of good questions that need to be answered anyways

exactly! i'd rather just go to the concert and get to actually see Axl w/Slash than to hear a possibly confrontational interview before hand. waited for this and wanted this far too long to want anything to eff it up now!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gunners fan said:

Waitress tells the boys....JB is eating alone....by the window.....on the other side

I think this was several years back, not 2016

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gunners fan said:

OK is it just me, or has Axl lost all of his personality on stage? I get the voice thing - there might not be anything he can do about that - I can even understand that he's not running up and down the stage and dancing anymore. But... I dunno... it feels to me like he's just empty when I watch performances of him from the last 4 or 5 years. Like he's speaking (and I use speaking) the lines but not really feeling anything he's doing? Does anyone else feel like this?

He will always be my hero no matter what age or how he performs - frankly I don't care if he can't sing a single note right anymore, but if that energy and passion still seems to be missing, I'll be sad. I really hope the reunion - playing with Slash and Duff, and also the "rabid fans" (hell yes Eddie Trunk) reignite the passion and energy that he always had.

Edited by Gilla999

5 hours ago, RecipeForDisaster84 said:

The hotel incident is what ultimately got the ball rolling.Duff was in London on a business trip and coincidently was in the same hotel as Axl unbeknownst to them a few years ago.They inevitably started talking to each other again for the first time since Duff casually informed Axl he was quitting Guns at a dinner meeting in 1998.was it 98? I might be a little off

I remember ...either reading it in Duff's book or he told it in some interview, when he realized Axl is in the same hotel, he tried to meet/talk to him and one of Axl's assistants (not sure if Beta though) tried to stop him from entering Axl's suite by saying Axl is taking a shower at that moment. And Duff casually replied "Don't worry, I've seen him naked before." :D:D 

Edited by Mango
  • Like 1

Yeah GnR are a bunch on marketing wizards.

The "more you pull back, the more they are interested" tactic gets really old, they do not seem to get that. Axl has been pulling back as a marketing tactic for 23 years, and it does not create interest anymore among fans, only frustration. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gunners fan said:

This was 4 years ago, not this year lol. I also recall Axl and Baz and David Lee Roth not letting Bret Michaels sit with them in a similar scenario haha

14 hours ago, GNRmello77 said:

all this pretty much points out how much this reunion wheights on those 3 as well, they are very careful with it as it seems. I'd like to believe it really means a lot to axl slash and duff personally who knows they are just i don't know getting things straight about it and enjoy the fact they are a band again? valueing being on good terms personally? Also the fact Duff told Eddie about talking to him first says a lot about how much they trust him and no other media... I like the way they do this because i think this is the best way for them 3 personal as it is a BIG thing for them each! Let them do it their way it's not an easy thing that happens everyday. lets not forget how unlikely this whole thing was for the past 20 years ;) 

It'd be amazing if the 2006 interview with Eddie, Baz, CHris Jericko, etc. could be recreated, this time with Axl, Duff, Slash and Baz too!! That guy adds so much fun to any interview he is in! :lol: