Best Film Scenes

Len Cnut

• 2 weeks later...
On 31 March 2016 at 8:33 PM, PappyTron said:

How's this for a movie debut:

Watch it if you haven't.....the ending!

One of my dads favourite actors was Richard Widmark.  Apparently he was a huge comic fan and based Udo on The Joker.  Cracking film though eh, sort of a pre-film noir film noir cum heist movie, i dont think Victor Mature turned in a better performance than this one his whole career.

14 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

One of my dads favourite actors was Richard Widmark.  Apparently he was a huge comic fan and based Udo on The Joker.  Cracking film though eh, sort of a pre-film noir film noir cum heist movie, i dont think Victor Mature turned in a better performance than this one his whole career.

I give it to 'em, right in the belly! Really good actor, was old Richard. Your father is a good man, Len. :)

1 minute ago, PappyTron said:

I give it to 'em, right in the belly! Really good actor, was old Richard. Your father is a good man, Len. :)

Sort of steals the film doesnt he?  He was great in Night and the City, Cheyenne Autumn, Warlock.  I first came to know him through westerns so initially i thought he was like the worlds greatest supporting actor.  

4 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Sort of steals the film doesnt he?  He was great in Night and the City, Cheyenne Autumn, Warlock.  I first came to know him through westerns so initially i thought he was like the worlds greatest supporting actor.  

He's just one of those actors who are just really distinctive. I can't think of too many films that I've watched him in, at least not to name, but he's like a comfort food, I guess.

2 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

He's just one of those actors who are just really distinctive. I can't think of too many films that I've watched him in, at least not to name, but he's like a comfort food, I guess.

Lee Marvins kinda like that.  Robert Mitchum, Karl Malden, Karl Maldens fucking everywhere, hes even in Kiss of Death.

5 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Lee Marvins kinda like that.  Robert Mitchum, Karl Malden, Karl Maldens fucking everywhere, hes even in Kiss of Death.

Karl Malden looks like the kiss of death. Right Grim reaper looking bloke.

Robert Mitchum was great, too; old rumple eyes. :lol:

Just now, PappyTron said:

Better than a poke in the eye with a shitty stick, I guess.

Remember this sad story he told, about Brandos last days, like he called him up on time from his house in Mullholland and he was like, Karl i keep falling over and i can't get up.  And Malden was like look, I'll call you somebody, some help or a doctor or whatever and Brando weren't having it, to proud I suppose.  And it just occured to me like...fuckin' hell, what life does to a man eh?  I mean there was a time he could've had any bird he fancied, like crumpet on fuckin' standby, the best looking women in the world, supremely talented, a global icon, the man experienced seminal moments of the 20th Century, inspired millions, had the ear of world leaders...and hows it end up?  On the floor of his big empty house and he can't get up.  Helpless.  Thats the last word in the world I'd've ever thought to use to describe Marlon Brando.  

I guess it's no different to what any number of old age pensioners even in this country go through, just more touching somehow because of my fan-dom of Marlon Brando.

4 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Remember this sad story he told, about Brandos last days, like he called him up on time from his house in Mullholland and he was like, Karl i keep falling over and i can't get up.  And Malden was like look, I'll call you somebody, some help or a doctor or whatever and Brando weren't having it, to proud I suppose.  And it just occured to me like...fuckin' hell, what life does to a man eh?  I mean there was a time he could've had any bird he fancied, like crumpet on fuckin' standby, the best looking women in the world, supremely talented, a global icon, the man experienced seminal moments of the 20th Century, inspired millions, had the ear of world leaders...and hows it end up?  On the floor of his big empty house and he can't get up.  Helpless.  Thats the last word in the world I'd've ever thought to use to describe Marlon Brando.  

I guess it's no different to what any number of old age pensioners even in this country go through, just more touching somehow because of my fan-dom of Marlon Brando.

True. You know that life has gotten shitty when you are on the floor and can't get up.

6 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

:lol:

He had about three from the north country nit before the biggun :lol:

Yeah, the one I remember was Ali telling Parkie that blacks should stay with blacks and whites should stay with whites and Parkie disagreeing, only to be told that tigers go with tigers and lions go with lions.