Songs that will Kick ass even if Axl's vocal issues remain

There are some songs that will still be amazing even if Axl's vocal issues are still present.. I think the songs he sings in his lower voice will still kick ass.

Here are some that should sound good regardless..

Don't Cry - Can't wait to see Slash play that solo
It's So Easy - Should sound good especially with Duff on vocals
Brownstone
You're Crazy - Slow version
KOHD
I heard Pretty Tied Up today and that could work..

I am really looking forward to seeing Slash and Duff play Rocket Queen together. But it could go either way with Franks drumming and the condition of Axl's vocals.

That is a pretty short list but the only songs I consider a shoe in. I really have no idea what to expect on songs like Out Ta Get Me, Jungle, Sweet Child, Paradise City, You Could Be Mine.. It would be great to see him be able to pull off all those and songs like Reckless Life and Nice Boys. I just can't see them doing any justice to some of the Illusion songs like Breakdown and Locomotive that some people have brought up.

This is somewhere where Izzy again could have really helped out by singing a few songs like Dust N' Bones, 14 Years, Double Talkin Jive, Pretty Tied Up, Bad Obsession or even some Stones cover. I am guessing Duff will take on this role but he isn't half the singer and his songs honestly aren't that great. I do love his background vocals though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NachoLZ said:

The Garden, Estranged if Axl puts some effort, NR, WTTJ and One in a Million would be fucking amazing.

See those are all songs I just can't picture sounding good...

1 minute ago, jafeijo said:

Bad Obsession;

Locomotive;

Double Talkin Jive;
Pretty Tied Up;

Down On The Farm.

They definitely should bring back those

Definitely Down On The Farm!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I think Locomotive could work if he sings it in one of the lower ranged vocals 

I think he should adjust his vocal style at times and use that lower range on songs that weren't necessarily sang in that manner on the albums.. Like You Could Be Mine.. From what I have seen he struggles on it. He could sing it in the range of something like Pretty Tied Up or the Nightrain verses and it would still sound cool. It would be different but a lot better than hearing him really struggle. He could even use his It's So Easy or Brownstone voice more often as well. I think it could really work.

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 2

I'm watching the O2 Arena show right now and I think he sounds good.. Jungle sounded great.. 

Now I am watching it's So Easy.. Axl sounds good but anyone who says Pittman is inaudible is high.. There are synths all over the main riff of It's So Easy and it sounds fucking terrible.. pathetic.. Him and Dizzy are so not needed anywhere songs like that. 

Jungle is ALWAYS good. So too is It's So Easy, Brownstone, Don't Cry, Live n Let Die, KOHD. The last Nightrain that was played in Vegas sounded awesome. Civil War, Estranged should be fine too. To be honest my only concerns are with Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine, and Sweet Child. Those are 3 songs that have lacked rasp since 2010 and it's much needed with those songs. Also wish he'd sing November Rain in a lower, raspy way 

Has anyone noticed though, it seems likd Axl was holding back? Seemed like he could easily turn on the rasp whenever he wanted to without any struggle. It wasn't like it was inconsistent. And i noticed he used it at the same parts each time. Hm. I'm 100% convinced he could blast out a raspy YCBM. He just wasn't trying to, which is disappointing really 

Edited by OJones90

1 hour ago, NachoLZ said:

The Garden, Estranged if Axl puts some effort, NR, WTTJ and One in a Million would be fucking amazing.

not a chance in hell they perform OIAM

hell Axl can't even wear a shirt that shows a ladies legs sticking out of trash can without people getting their panties in a wad

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Axl sounds good but anyone who says Pittman is inaudible is high.. There are synths all over the main riff of It's So Easy and it sounds fucking terrible.. pathetic.. Him and Dizzy are so not needed anywhere songs like that. 

There Pittman is again all over the end part of Rocket Queen. What a sin...

13 hours ago, CardinalGunner said:

Double Talking Jive should be doable

It'd be epic to see a new rendition of this 110% kickass Rn'R song

4 hours ago, Bandanaman said:

Coma :rofl-lol:

It'd work... If a sort of slow mo rendition maybe... 

Edited by trqster