Adler Show Cancelled, Whiskey Twitter Teases GN'R Show

37 minutes ago, Saltzy said:

No, it's not the Mariners.

We share a lot of personal shit on that board, so without saying some stuff he wouldn't want me to here this is what I know.

He lives in Florida and goes to a lot of Marlins games, even though that's not the team we root for.  He has a son, that I think catches in college or something.

Does this fit any member of GNR?  I love the band, but I am not that up on their current day to day lives.

If its not the Mariners that rules out Duff. If he's got a kid, that would (presumably) rule out Axl. And it just plain doesn't sound like Slash. I'll admit, you've piqued my interest. For your sake I hope it works out for you. But none of that really sounds like GNR. I can't think of any of them that live in Florida. I guess the real question would be what 80s rock star goes to a lot of Marlins games, even if its not the team you guys root for.

You've added another layer of mystery here and its fascinating. It doesn't sound like its any Guns members, but if they have connections to get you into a secret warm up show, who the fuck cares lol. Again, best of luck. If nothing else, its a cool story to share with us and muse about. There's no way you could ask another member of this place who it is? You did say some have met him correct?

Robin Zander? More 70s than 80s, but fits most of the criteria: lives in Florida, attends Marlins games but The Cubs are his first love, he has kids. Again, more fun to speculate than anything else:

http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/lists/2011/03/post-8.html

Tampa Bay Rays
Musician: Robin Zander
Band: Cheap Trick
Why he loves the Rays: “I’m a huge Rays fan, and I have been since I moved here. The Cubs will always be near and dear to my heart, but I’m a believer in supporting your local team… I think they’re going to go to the Series, Go Rays.” (via TampaBay.com)
Fan-o-meter: 31/100

One more hypothesis to add to the thousand already in this thread: The Whisky thing might be a red herring to divert attention from wherever the band actually *is* doing their warmup, especially if they do want it to be private. if everyone's over at the Whisky looking for GnR that night, they can quietly play elsewhere off the Strip...the Troubador, already mentioned, is on a different street, and there are all those other clubs and venues around the city. DTLA? Santa Monica? Lots of possibilities.

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Isn't cheap trick a 70s band though?

I'm graspin at straws here at 2am lol! I do freely say he's more 70s than 80s, but he does seem to fit a number of that criteria. I guess @Saltzy would be able to come right out with it though if it WASN'T a Cubs forum. There's enough info there that he could confirm or deny that team. He came right out and said it wasn't the Mariners. Even if its not Zander, I'm pretty proud that in 20 minutes I found enough info for a guy that checks off multiple boxes of that puzzle lol. I could definitely see a Cubs forum having that kind of camaraderie lol.

2 minutes ago, stella said:

One more hypothesis to add to the thousand already in this thread: The Whisky thing might be a red herring to divert attention from wherever the band actually *is* doing their warmup, especially if they do want it to be private. if everyone's over at the Whisky looking for GnR that night, they can quietly play elsewhere off the Strip...the Troubador, already mentioned, is on a different street, and there are all those other clubs and venues around the city. DTLA? Santa Monica? Lots of possibilities.

Didn't someone say they were gonna play in San Francisco instead of the Sunset Strip?

10 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Isn't cheap trick a 70s band though?

They are, primarily, but they did have a couple of Top 40 hits in the late 80s. Some people might know them best from that (I will admit it, I do LOL).

4 hours ago, Birk said:

Hollywood Roses actually believe they sold out the show because of who they are LOL..this is classic

Screenshot_2016-03-23-21-02-52.png

4 hours ago, rft2003 said:

This has to be the biggest Joke or Con job of all time! This Hollywood Roses tribute band actually has the balls to post this on their Facebook!?!? By the way this lead singer Colby Veil used to sing for Adlers Appetite so maybe they're in on the joke! 

image.png

Ffs

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Ffs

I actually feel sorry for them. They are obviously big gnr fans themselves and because of the whiskeys dodgy Adler cancellation tweet and hashtag of #guns nroses everyone assumed the real thing would be performing.

They are going to be crucified. 

7 hours ago, Saltzy said:

No, it's not the Mariners.

We share a lot of personal shit on that board, so without saying some stuff he wouldn't want me to here this is what I know.

He lives in Florida and goes to a lot of Marlins games, even though that's not the team we root for.  He has a son, that I think catches in college or something.

Does this fit any member of GNR?  I love the band, but I am not that up on their current day to day lives.

Thats pretty shitty if its a private board and you are being very careful what ypu say.  But then you post his response on a messageboard lol.  I would be pissed off haha... anyways.  i hope GNR is noy playing whiskey i want vegas to bw 1st show!

1 hour ago, Birk said:

Thats pretty shitty if its a private board and you are being very careful what ypu say.  But then you post his response on a messageboard lol.  I would be pissed off haha... anyways.  i hope GNR is noy playing whiskey i want vegas to bw 1st show!

Dude, c'mon.  You're being ridiculous.  It's a private board in that no one outside of like 300 people know it exists.  The main forums are searchable and are open to the public, and I haven't said anything he's posted in the private ones nor will I.

Again, I wrote him and he replied with what I posted.  At no point did he say 'keep this between us' or anything.

Also, believe me, the board has tried to uncover who he is for years and we still are not sure.  You can all make your best guesses, but even if you get it I can't confirm it.  For a while a lot of us thought he was Dee Snyder and I think some still think that's who it is, but outside of a few people no one knows for sure.

I am gonna send a private message to one of them I have a relationship with, just to run this past him and ask him if he thinks this guy would tickle my balls like this if it wasn't legit.

Honestly, just the outside, outside possibility that this is legit is pretty awesome.  I completely could not fall asleep last night after I got that message.

Please be real.  Pretty please.

Edited by Saltzy
  • Like 1

Holy fucking fuckity fuck....a new reply...

I wont post my whole reply back to him after he asked for my contact info, but I just got this:

I'm not GnR, however I've known them since they were doing gigs in the LA scene for peanuts. 

I know this would be pretty cool for you. If shit lines up, I'll shout you.

Holy fuckity fuck.

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

It would be hillarious if they did a warm up show in Seattle, the place they had their first real show, and seeing as no one would expect that at all.

Depends on what you define as "real show".

The Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven line-up had their first show at The Troubadour.

The second show of that line-up was in Seattle.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saltzy said:

Holy fucking fuckity fuck....a new reply...

I wont post my whole reply back to him after he asked for my contact info, but I just got this:

I'm not GnR, however I've known them since they were doing gigs in the LA scene for peanuts. 

I know this would be pretty cool for you. If shit lines up, I'll shout you.

Holy fuckity fuck.

So you CAN'T confirm its not the Cubs, even though you confirmed its not the Mariners or the Devil Rays :lol:.

Just kidding. Cool of you to get the reply regardless of who it is. At least now you know its not GNR. But still, hope if it is true that it all works out for you!

4 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

So you CAN'T confirm its not the Cubs, even though you confirmed its not the Mariners or the Devil Rays :lol:.

Just kidding. Cool of you to get the reply regardless of who it is. At least now you know its not GNR. But still, hope if it is true that it all works out for you!

It's the Mets.  I have no idea why I'm being so coy about it.  This guys kid has caught BP sessions with Jacob fucking DeGrom and shit.

The reason why I am not laughing this whole thing off as ridiculous is also the following.  Like I said, this board is like a band of brothers/huge dysfunctional family.  

Last year on the day of Game 4 of the World Series I had a guy send me a 3rd row, behind the plate ticket for free.  Just cause he knew how big of a fan I am.  Then, he did it again for Game 5, but this time he sent me 2 tickets so I could take my dad.  In summary, the people on this site do not really fuck around with each other.  Not like this they don't.  If this guy says it may happen, and that he is gonna try to get me in if it does I believe him.

Anyway, just to illustrate, here was my seat for Game 4 of the World Series this year.  Total price paid, for this game as well as next night in almost the exact same seats, $0.  Price on StubHub, $5,800.

I am indited to the guy that did this to me forever. 

20151031_195401_zpscvnjrhfy.JPG

• Like 1

Oh I believe you. Thats why I'm really pulling for you. Cause there are small close forums like the one you seem to be a part of so I fully understand people wouldn't fuck around there. Once again, I really do hope you get some good luck here. That would be amazing.

And hey, the Mets! My local team!