Adler cancelled gigs

Billsfan

Hey Marc! So Steven Adler recently cancelled his April 1st gig on top of cancelling his appearance with slash a few weeks back..

just wanted your take on this. Do you think it's GNR related? It just makes a GNR fan wonder if he's too depressed to play or if he's involved and just can't say anything.. Not sure which reason. Just wanted to get your take on this Adler situation..

Thanks Marc!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Yeah and again Vicky Hamilton has said that Adler won't be participating in the up coming show. We know she got it wrong with Slash. I wonder how reliable she is in this case

If they want to keep it a secret and make it a surprise, then they are not gonna tell anyone and certainly not her. I'm pretty much convinced it's a done deal that he's gonna be there. I always found it awkward, that he is silent all the time, but has a solo show a week before Vegas.

34 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

If they want to keep it a secret and make it a surprise, then they are not gonna tell anyone and certainly not her. I'm pretty much convinced it's a done deal that he's gonna be there. I always found it awkward, that he is silent all the time, but has a solo show a week before Vegas.

Well it's obvious she doesn't learn. Because she keeps asking them questions when most likely she won't get a truthful answer

18 minutes ago, Padme said:

Well it's obvious she doesn't learn. Because she keeps asking them questions when most likely she won't get a truthful answer

Yeah. And the first thing she does is blurt out what she's been told, proving that they are right in not telling her anything. Some people really never learn.

Edited by PatrickS77

Personally, I'd hope/expect Marc to be in attendance for their private club show if that indeed happens.. but don't think he'll discuss or confirm this possibility, specifically in regards to who might or might not be involved. However, after and assuming some type of event takes place, just maybe he'll provide a couple tasty nuggets of info..

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

I truly never understood the reason for that booking. Was there ever a serious plan to play a gig? Cause from the beginning it seemed like it was only done for a "surprise" Guns reunion on stage, or for it to simply be cancelled outright. Really, it never made any sense for ONE show, at the Whiskey no less, to be booked a week before the Vegas show. It almost screamed that it would never happen.

• Like 2

Hi Marc, hope you can give your comments on a couple of thoughts I have.

I always felt that Adler had booked the April show, as a reaction to not being involved in the regrouping, a kind of f*** you, I'm still here.

The cancellation concerns me, I hope Steven is in good health, many rumours imply his none inclusion could have caused him to fall off the wagon. If you can confirm this is not the case it would be much appreciated.

An alternative for the cancellation and the one I'm hoping for is that; this gig was a reserve for a GNR warm up before Vegas. The natural conclusion would be that Steven is therefor involved in some capacity?

As the gig was announced sometime ago, I believe Steven has known for sometime he would be playing with the band, which leaves me confused about Izzy.

I assumed Izzy not wanting to do the dates was because he believed it should be a full reunion. If steven is participating it seems more likely Izzy is out due to management, money issues? (still not believing he has a problem with touring).

Thankyou for any information you can pass on.

Edited by Archtop
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

We want Steven and Izzy!!!!

Marc may be under some sort of unofficial gag order too.. But if we could at least get confirmation that he hasn't relapsed or anything, a lot of us would be very appreciative.

Yes, I have been checking in and noticed it was quiet in here.

If Marc confirms his well , then we are all going to go into speculation overdrive, why then cancel the shows? Obviously it means his in........!

If Marc lets us know something is up with Steven it wouldn't take long to get out, and undoubtedly bad publicity for upcoming shows. 

All said, I think if I was Marc I would equally say nothing, having been asked to keep quiet or not.

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 11:05 AM, Tom-Ass said:

Marc may be under some sort of unofficial gag order too.. But if we could at least get confirmation that he hasn't relapsed or anything, a lot of us would be very appreciative.

yes we do! of course if it happens I may need to be sedated. as it is I think seeing Axl and Slash and Duff will reduce me to tears of absolute joy :P

• Like 1

On March 24, 2016 at 2:05 PM, Tom-Ass said:

That's what I'm wondering now since this question is taking so long to answer lol..

All in all I kind of hope so. I would rather him fix his relationship with axl over anything else right now.

• Like 1