What song should open the first show?

What song should open the first show?  

220 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Imagine if the Guns N Roses sign starts flashing and the crowd is chanting Guns..N...Roses, Guns...N...Roses then Slash plays the lick from Get in the Ring.

Axl could do a new rant: That goes to you all punks on social media Mr Buchannan at Alt nation, Ultimate guitar, Loud wire and Blabbermouth...

• Like 1

AFD full length would probably be filmed for the deluxe edition. Makes sense to do that as part of the residency though. 

It'll be interesting to see if the setlist is a radical change from the past 15 years, or if new covers get worked in, as well as TSI? 

Nightrain. The opening chords and drums especially with Steven will garner the loudest reception you've ever heard from a U.S. crowd. The reaction to WTTJ is more drawn out. It is longer and more muffled. 

Perfect Crime Indiana 91 is one of my favorite all time Axl performances but there's no way in hell they are opening up their first show in 23yrs with that one!

Edited by Top-Hatted One

6 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Nightrain. The opening chords and drums especially with Steven will garner the loudest reception you've ever heard from a U.S. crowd. The reaction to WTTJ is more drawn out. It is longer and more muffled. 

Perfect Crime Indiana 91 is one of my favorite all time Axl performances but there's no way in hell they are opening up their first show in 23yrs with that one!

My thoughts exactly!

Haha.. Now I know this won't happen, but am I the only one that would like to hear them open with Pretty Tied Up? It would be just so fitting. "Once there was this rock n roll band rolling, on the street". Theres tons of songs that I want to hear, but that and Get in the Ring.. Those I REALLY want to hear.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, challenger70rt said:

Haha.. Now I know this won't happen, but am I the only one that would like to hear them open with Pretty Tied Up? It would be just so fitting. "Once there was this rock n roll band rolling, on the street". Theres tons of songs that I want to hear, but that and Get in the Ring.. Those I REALLY want to hear.

I know they've opened with that before...and if there is one song I really, really, really want to hear....Pretty Tied up is it.  Don't think it should be the opener though.  It really has to be Nightrain or Jungle.

With said, I can see a major curveball being thrown, just because it's GnR :)

On 3/26/2016 at 3:58 PM, fastfingers666 said:

Izzy wrote part of it, as seen with the Farm Aid concert.

the night the band died. you could just see how pissed off Axl was with his darting stares everywhere - ironically, he sounded amazing because he sang angry and with a purpose.

Steven tripping badly on the drum riser at the beginning was a very bad omen. Slash could've and should've stuck up for the always smiling Steve, they were childhood friends and it wasn't like Slash was any more sober.

Axl with his furious "Good fuckin' night!" slamming the mic down at the end with the crowd agasp, the band never to be seen again..

• Like 2

Depends, really. Is Slash willing to do the "tease" version of the WTTJ intro pioneered by Finck? In that case, WTTJ is the perfect opener.

I'd love to hear Perfect Crime, just for variety's sake – it's been Chinese Democracy and WTTJ for the last decade and a half, now.

I was thinking about the opener(s) yesterday and I'm really hoping they rotate. The one time Duff got to pick the opener on the last tour, they opened with You Could Be Mine. I don't think that's a great opener, but it's an example of a cool way to do things.

5 hours ago, TKesseli said:

wttj is good to tease the crowd. but nightrain would be a great choice as the opener. it is an uplift song.

later in the tour will be nice to hear pretty tied up as opener.

Yup just look at the reaction Nightrain gets when they come out for the encore. Show starts to drag a but in the middle solos showcasing each member, 15min versions of KOHD and Patience(which I love but see a lot of people leave for the bathroom)

Then Nightrain starts with the train whistle, Opening chords and drums and BOOM the show explodes and reaches its apex.