Axl Joining AC/DC? New pic posted on TMZ

NachoLZ

On 24/03/2016 at 10:28 AM, Stress Fracture said:

I've made a Spotify setlist/playlist and to hell with GNR, I'm all about AXL/DC now!

Could add Down Payment Blues, Gimme a Bullet and Kicked in the Teeth from Powerage too. All underdog songs Axl could relish and do justice to if his voice is good. 

• Like 1

As far as Brian's songs goes, Axl couldn't do any worse on any songs from Blow Up Your Video, Stiff Upper Lip, and Black Ice. To me it just sounds like the singing

is way too loud for the music, making his vocals horrible. Not blaming him of course, just bad on the sound mixers part. Even most songs in Ballbreaker are hard

for me to handle. I think they did much better with Rock or Bust. I think their best album since The Razor's Edge. But I feel bad for Brian, hope he gets his

hearing back.

On 3/30/2016 at 8:31 AM, Sprite said:

Can I ask where this seemingly "ACDC vocals=King" mentality is coming from around here? I mean yes Brian Johnson has an incredibly raspy voice. There is no denying that. Or at least had. Can anyone link me a reputable source that lists him as one of the best singers of all time? Or even rock music? I'm genuinely curious because I know there are several for Axl. Come to think of it, I don't think I ever hear many people talking about Brian Johnson as even one of the better frontmen in rock history. He's got the voice and did a great job filling in the last 35 years, enough to separate AC/DC into 2 different legacies which is incredible when you think about it. But I think some of you are going a little extreme here. Ok, so an ACDC forum and some online comments you are reading are negative. Great. Welcome to the internet. I think the interest this "rumor" has generated is proof enough there is massive interest in an Axl/ACDC grouping?

Well, as far as hard rock singers go, he's (Brian) right up there in my book- 35 years screaming his fucking head off...just like Angus and the band, solid as a rock.

I mean, let's compare Axl and Brian.

Brian is older, put more strain on his voice (as he has surely played a lot more shows than Axl) and consistently released a whole slew of albums.

People like to pooh pooh or dismiss ACDC, but (well, it's not quite the same now without Malcolm and Phil) they are a force of fucking nature.

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 9:48 PM, Tom-Ass said:

I feel like I just watched satire from a bad sitcom.. How did we get there from here?

I'm not sure if it's related but he's fifty fucking four now and he was in his 20's then.  It *might* might be related, but it's probably not.  As you well know, the mid 50's is when people hit their primes, take a look at pro sports, just one example.  The best playes in football?  In their 50's.  Baseball? 50's.  Don't get me started on the NBA, name one player at the pro level that is under 40... that's right none!

Yeah.  I can't imagine what happened over the last 30 years that he somehow seems older and less energetic now.  Maybe he is sick?  It just doesn't make any sense.  You might be on to something big. 

Edited by DeadSlash
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, DR DOOM said:

Well, as far as hard rock singers go, he's (Brian) right up there in my book- 35 years screaming his fucking head off...just like Angus and the band, solid as a rock.

Brian is older, put more strain on his voice (as he has surely played a lot more shows than Axl) and consistently released a whole slew of albums.

People like to pooh pooh or dismiss ACDC, but (well, it's not quite the same now without Malcolm and Phil) they are a force of fucking nature.

Brian have been smoking in a good way, his lungs are made of leather.

It would be fucking good. No disrespecting Brian, but Axl performing ACDC songs would fucking melt the polar ice in 2 seconds. Fans of both ACDC and GNR would be pleased cos it's fucking natural at this point.

But i don't thinks it's going to happen now. GNR is kicking so much ass right now.

On 01/04/2016 at 9:27 AM, DR DOOM said:

Amen!

Brians vocals are even more straining than Axls and he has done much much more of touring and studio work than Axl. Is alot older and was superb on the Rock or Bust tour. One of a kind kinda guy!

• Like 1

On 4/3/2016 at 9:00 PM, Ant said:

Guys can you believe GNR is going to be playing to crowds as big as the one in that AC/DC video?? Fuck man. These are big shows!

Would be cool if the GnR' stage setup was like that or at least having a second platform somewhere in the middle like that. Would be damn cool!!

6 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Guess it's official. Sorry if this was posted already...

http://themusicuniverse.com/axl-rose-confirmed-replace-brian-johnson-upcoming-acdc-tour/

edit: now the guy is backtracking on his story it seems 

Why does it say Error 404 - Not found? 

Did the guy errase the article, or is there a problem with the link?

Edited by nn18