VR - Vive, Rift, PSVR

Amir

Anyone had a chance to try out a VR Kit? I played with a Vive in a PC shop today and it was amazing. Shooting flying robots in Space Pirate, making coffee in Job Simulator, drawing a T-Rex in Tilt Brush...

But the game I'm most looking forward to is Rez Infinite. The original on Dreamcast is one of my all time favourite games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just picked up an Alienware desktop on the cheap. Need to upgrade the GPU but when I do I'll be getting a VR headset ASAP. Was gonna get a Titan X but I'm hearing good things about the GTX 1080 so I'm undecided. 

41 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Just picked up an Alienware desktop on the cheap. Need to upgrade the GPU but when I do I'll be getting a VR headset ASAP. Was gonna get a Titan X but I'm hearing good things about the GTX 1080 so I'm undecided. 

1080 outclasses the Titan X, especially for VR, and is a lot cheaper.

Nope, didn't have the chance. This one in particular looks promising, way more than Virtual Boy, but VR is a concept that failed a couple, or more, attempts in the past, so, it is something that I would wait and think twice before buying.

I'd say VR needs 3-4 years to become mainstream. Until  then, only 1-2 K nerds or rich kids will experience it

On 2016. 05. 24. at 2:13 AM, Dazey said:

lol you could build your own rig instead of buying an overpriced design desktop. If you need to upgrade the GPU, then i highly doubt that you've made a great deal

That being said, GTX 1080 is slightly better and "cheaper" if you really wanna go down on the high-end route

• 1 year later...