RIP Abominable Homan

Dazey

Very sad news. He was one of the top contributors during what I consider the forum's (or at least Anything Goes') golden era, around 2006-2007. And you know how people here sometimes talk about 'forum legends' and they just name people they were friends with but who are actually pretty bland and worthless to the community? Not this guy, he was an actual contributor, lots of pertinent posts, always worth reading. He had an 'America fuck yeah! Freedom! Guns! Eagles!' thing going on when talking about politics; I don't know how much of that was a running joke and how much was serious.

I remember he used to talk to Dazey on the forum a lot. One time we had a thread for 'roast photoshopping' other forumers where you would post a pic of yourself and someone else would do something funny with it and I took a poster for the movie Dumb & Dumber and replaced the main character's faces with theirs. Fun times!

Futurama-Oh-I-Made-myself-sad.gif

• Like 1

Was going through my Facebook messages today and there was a shitload of stuff about the trip we planned back in 2011. It never happened and I flew to New York from Seattle rather than jump on the train to Oregon as planned. Really wish that we hadn't had to cancel that meet. 

• Like 1

He was an excellent all around guy. I enjoyed bantering and clowning with him on here before I was an Admin... heck even a mod. Certain threads were fun to entertain and we would exchange PM's and profile comments regularly in my more active days. He was such a great guy to trade laughs with. I regret taking this for granted. This is such a tragic situation and has really hit home more for me than I thought it would. Probably because he was such a good guy and would never think a thing could happen like this to someone like him. 

He'll be missed -- RIP Homan, you'll always be in my thoughts brother. Such a great, energetic and cheerful soul. 

• Like 1

I don't want to be a lame-ass, but I'm just going to repost what I posted on GNFNR. 

I was shocked when I first learned of this, and I'm still thinking about all the time. I hadn't spoken/chatted with him in years, but he was always a good friend. I think it was probably back around 2010 and 2011 when Kevin had those IRC channels and we would all congregate in there and bullshit for hours. It was really a lot of fun. I always found him somewhat intimidating because he was quite clever, and brutally funny. 

Like others have already said, he was always there to listen, and offer some advice. I remember at least two instances where he called me on some bullshit, and it annoyed the hell out of me, but I knew he was right. I eventually heeded his wisdom and I'm better for it. 

RIP, Homan

Also, I recall he had a few brothers he was very close to. I recall him telling a few funny anecdotes about them, and it sucks that they'll lose out on him being around. I think he was the eldest but also the smallest, lol. I know I'd be a little peeved if my younger brother were bigger than me. <_<

• Like 3

This is such sad news.  I only knew Homan from the forums, but his funny, kind, intelligent and charismatic personality really shined thru his posts and pm's.  A little crazy sometimes, but always genuine.   He made me smile many times.  Haven't spoken to him in ages, but he touched a lot of people's lives, without ever even meeting them.   And that's a pretty amazing testament to the kind of person he was.

Rest in peace sweet Homan.  You won't be forgotten.  

• Like 2

I'm seeing a report that the cause of death was a blow to the head - so it is reasonable to believe he slipped and hit his head - i know the lack of shoes looks bad - but he was known to run barefoot? I don't want to speculate, but no one has committed suicide via blows to the head- whatever he was doing - i believe he slipped and hit his head.

not sure which is worse - but if it was an accident, and it appears so - it's important everyone understands, he died via accident. Important detail. 

• Like 3

It's so strange when something like this happens. Usually, you don't know the person, they're never anything more than words and images on a screen, but it's somewhat harrowing when you look at their Facebook and just know they're not there anymore. I remember years back there was a member, I can't think of her name right now, but her user was in ALL CAPS and had numbers on the end, and she passed in around 2006-2007 and people were sad she'd never hear Chinese. and I used to see her posts all the time and it was just so weird to know I wouldn't see that anymore, even though I'd never spoken to her directly. It's a similar situation now, I used to see Homan post all the time, and it's so upsetting that literally weeks before the reunion he misses it :(

Take care up there bud.

• Like 1

Had interactions with him back in the day. Seemed like a good guy. Same as has been said by numerous people. I wasn't too close to him and didn't interact with him outside the forum or on social media channels. Just here. I'm poor with names but want to say he played mafia with us back in the 2007-2009 range. At the very least, I do remember his posts in Anything Goes.

My thoughts to those who were close to him. Rest in peace.