Summer 2016 North American Tour Announcement - 'Not In This Lifetime" - Dates and Venues Announced!

5 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

The good news is that most of these stadiums hold over 70,000 people, meaning the ticket prices should go down.  If G N' R is asking 3 million per show, that means they would only need to average less than $50 per ticket to pay them.  Now add the cost the stage crew, opening act, promotion, etc....at the most, maybe another $20 per ticket.  So they only need to average around $70 per ticket if they sell 70k tickets.  Grossing around $5 million per show should get everyone paid.

So I'm thinking we could see upper level seats in the $50 range and GA, floor seats in the $150 range...and anything in between.

I don't have any confidence at this moment they can come close to selling out 70,000 seats. There are still 1000's of tickets left on stub hub alone for the Vegas shows and that's like two weeks away. And where are you getting venues? i just see cities. 

Edited by Mr_Sparkle

6 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Lol St. Louis?

OH!! We've found gold dust Otherwise known as GNR NEWS!
Ha, funny that, anyone remember that radio interview with Fortus last year.

where he was alluding he was still in GNR but not the old guitarist, despite bumblefoot and Ashba gone...

St Louis came up and the radio host was like, "Axl will NEVER play there again",

And richard said "No, he actually wants to play there really bad, JUST when the time is right"

I GUESS THE TIME IS RIGHT! EPIC!

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr_Sparkle said:

I don't have any confidence at this moment they can come close to selling out 70,000 seats. There are still 1000's of tickets left on stub hub alone for the Vegas shows and that's like two weeks away. And where are you getting venues? i just see cities. 

Apples and Oranges.  Vegas shows sold out in hours.  Just because you see tickets on Stub Hub going for over $500 above face value, does not mean the show is not sold out.  Guns N' Roses are getting paid already...those tickets are sold.

They won't have a single issue selling out any major market stadium in the U.S.  Metallica sold out Minneapolis US Bank Stadium in a few hours.  G N' R reunion tour is a 10x bigger draw than Metallica.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Apples and Oranges.  Vegas shows sold out in hours.  Just because you see tickets on Stub Hub going for over $500 above face value, does not mean the show is not sold out.  Guns N' Roses are getting paid already...those tickets are sold.

They won't have a single issue selling out any major market stadium in the U.S.  Metallica sold out Minneapolis in a few hours.  G N' R reunion tour is a 10x bigger draw than Metallica.

Not really, most of those are scalpers trying to re-sell them. So technically it's sold out, however, Stub Hub is only one site, there are tons of other scalper sites that are selling tickets. So only sold out due to a technicality. 

Not really, most of those are scalpers trying to re-sell them. So technically it's sold out, however, Stub Hub is only one site, there are tons of other scalper sites that are selling tickets. So only sold out due to a technicality. 

No, it's not.  It's sold out.  The second anyone of those scalpers goes down anywhere near face value, those tickets are sold....FOR A SECOND TIME.

Buddy, this isn't even debatable.  Vegas shows are sold out and have been since hours after the tickets went on sale.  Stop the nonsense.  LOL

7 minutes ago, Mr_Sparkle said:

Scalpers are in it for one reason: make money. They don't buy em if there isn't huge demand.

Edited by Fitha_whiskey
And scalpers are a way of life in the internet ticket world.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

No, it's not.  It's sold out.  The second anyone of those scalpers goes down anywhere near face value, those tickets are sold....FOR A SECOND TIME.

Buddy, this isn't even debatable.  Vegas shows are sold out and have been since hours after the tickets went on sale.  Stop the nonsense.  LOL

They are SOLD OUT but if the secondary market is this slow then they won't sell out 70,000 tickets. I wish they could, but logic says they will not at this rate. Also, there isn't even 20,000 at this place and secondary market is sloooooooow as hell.

Edited by Mr_Sparkle

Wah, this is torture. I need European dates. I actually sat down last nights and looked again at getting to Vegas and back again ln the shortest amount of time. No matter how many different scenarios I look at, I still can't do it. 

I'm looking forward to reading everybodies stories, pics and analysis. The coming months are going to be awesome.

They are SOLD OUT but if the secondary market is this slow then they won't sell out 70,000 tickets. I wish they could, but logic says they will not at this rate. 

The secondary market isn't slow...lol. 

These scalpers are asking $1500 for GA Pit tickets.  There was a guy that resold tickets that just posted here the other day saying he would buy any ticket for these shows for face value, even $100 above in a second.  He laughed at people who were wondering what to do with their extra tickets.

It's very simple business...it's supply and demand, these scalpers know exactly what they're doing.  They are going for the "homerun" trying to make anywhere from $500-$1000 per ticket.  They will continue to list high until probably the day of the show.  As soon as they start to drop prices, the remaining tickets will go like hotcakes.

I used to monitor Stub Hub for baseball and football games and would watch a $70 face value ticket being listed for $250 at the beginning of the week then 2 hours before the game started, they would drop it to close to face value and the ticket would sell IMMEDIATELY.  That's just how the ticket resale market works....has absolutely nothing to do with the initial sellout of the shows or the true demand for FACE VALUE.

These shows will sell out in hours, guaranteed. 

• Like 1

As @RussTCB or someone said ,if ticket prices are reasonable,the tour will sell. I also think a strong opener or two is needed (not AIC,they aren't helping to sell tickets) Now as the biggest fans the band has online,we are hoping for the tour to do well. Do I think they'll sell 70,000 in every city? Of course not but who does? Taylor Swift?  At the end of the day we just have to hope for good vocals,long shows and new tunes. Also,the AFD 5 wouldn't hurt either but I see that being held off til next year and the 30th anniversary of AFD. Your need a hook to sell a tour next year and that could be eat. Once the novelty/nostalgia factor wears off,it's gonna take more than new music to keep GNR in stadiums again next year in the US.

30 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

Mr. Sparkle- This tour will be marketed on a professional scale and large stadiums will sell well once everything is set in motion over the next couple weeks.  Remember when I told you that there is a professional management team overseeing this tour?  As much as you want to give them credit, Axl's people are not running the show anymore.  The marketing efforts that are being put into this will crank out more tickets than many of you think.  

Thanks God!!!

1 hour ago, Kasanova King said:

Yeah, they will play the Orlando Citrus Bowl...holds over 70,000 people....they use it for college football, soccer, wrestlemania, monster truck jam, and yes....concerts too.  They just did a $200 million dollar renovation to it in 2014.  :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orlando_Citrus_Bowl

Im going to Orlando and possibly Atlanta!  the Orlando Citrus Bowl is cool, saw the Stones there last summer! Im supper excited about this tour! its been 17 years of pain! lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 3rd Wheel said:

Just an FYI, if Eddie is right about GNR playing the Superdome (New Orleans)...

That's fucking huge. NO ONE "plays" the Superdome nowadays. It's too big. That draw goes to shit like the Superbowl and WrestleMania. As an example, the Superdome has two events scheduled this year -- aside from Saints games: the end of an annual 10K race; and the Essence Festival, which is a three-day thing.

Most bands play the House of Blues or the Smoothie King Arena. Rolling Stones played the Superdome in 1978 and 1981. GNR and Metallica played it in 1992 or whenever it was. US and Green Day played it before the Saints' first game in the Dome after Hurricane Katrina. I don't even think Zeppelin played the Superdome. A little research shows the Allman Brothers and Temptations played it in the 1970s. Not sure how many rock bands aside from those listed above played the Dome as an independent concert. I know very few, if any, have played it recently. It just doesn't happen a lot.

Just saying, if that's true, that's fucking massive.

the last BAND that did it and sold it out was One Direction 2 years ago. This is huge though.. we barely get ANY bands.

• Like 1