Summer 2016 North American Tour Announcement - 'Not In This Lifetime" - Dates and Venues Announced!

1 hour ago, KiernanProud said:

Oh so wait, they must be playing arenas, unless they consider MetLife as New York. There's no football stadium in NY. Two nights at MSG would be awesome

As a NJ resident, they do consider North NJ as part of NYC. 

I went to the St. Louis show (Riverport Riot) in 1991.  If this a stadium/dome tour, they can definitely play at the Edward Jones Dome where the St. Louis Rams played for 21 years.  But the Rams have moved back to LA, and its open for any business.  Just wondering if its gonna be a stadium/dome tour or arena's/sheds.

1 hour ago, 3rd Wheel said:

So ... after thinking about this and the Superdome thing a bit more. Something doesn't quite add up -- and I don't mean that in a bad way.

A reunited Axl, Slash and Duff who haven't released music together in 23 years cannot fill the Superdome. Hell, I don't think they could get 2/3rd of it filled.

That's why I'm thinking this -- and I don't find myself important enough to make a new thread, but it's an honest prediction:

They're going to release a single right before this U.S. tour starts. They have to. They NEED new music out there. I get the whole Guns N' Roses history, a lot of fans' nostalgic love for the band, and the mainstream impact of the 1987-1993 run. It can fill up a lot of arenas and whatnot. I don't think it can fill U.S. stadiums anymore, especially in the YouTube age where you can save your money and wait for the video to hit the Internet and get 75 percent of the raw feeling. And I think Axl -- and Slash and Duff -- knows this.

That's why they need a new song, new material out there. People need to BELIEVE this is a true comeback, a true rise back to the top of the music world. Or at least a solid go at it. People, non-hardcore GNR fans, will pay money to see Guns N' Roses come through town if it was more than AFD, Lies and UYI songs. They'll jump on board if this is a hard go at it, with a badass rock single and fresh reason to pay attention.

Then another single after the U.S. tour ends. Then an album in 2017. Oh, and I believe Izzy and Adler are involved. I just have a feeling now. I think this is going to be fucking monstrous. At least, that's what "Superdome" tells me. These guys are shooting for the moon. They need Izzy and Adler in some way involved just to draw in those fringe fans.

That's my prediction: single right before this tour starts; another single between it and the "World tour" and then an album in 2017. I don't often go off the deep end with GNR fanboy-ism, either. This is the first time in a loooooong time. But it makes sense, and they need it to reach the goal they are setting for themselves.

Or ...

It's all a cash grab and they don't care if stadiums sell out or even if they get 50 percent filled. They just want the $300,000 or whatever the cut is for each show and just go through the motions. That's possible, too. I hope not, though. If they want to do this thing (the U.S. tour) right, they need new music out before it starts.

ill mention this again: this is the first time GNR is playing the gulf coast in 24 years.. they cancelled a show in Biloxi in 2010 0r 2011. this is big. think of how many fans around this area they have amassed in 24 years. I do think just the bill of Duff/Slash/Axl could be a big draw down here. we are within 2-3 hours of a lot of major cities that, unless they have traveled, haven't seen GNR in 24 years. Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Jackson MS, Mobile AL, Biloxi, Gulfport, etc etc. I think someones management looked at this and thought it needed to be rectified. 

5 minutes ago, JONEZY said:

I went to the St. Louis show (Riverport Riot) in 1991.  If this a stadium/dome tour, they can definitely play at the Edward Jones Dome where the St. Louis Rams played for 21 years.  But the Rams have moved back to LA, and its open for any business.  Just wondering if its gonna be a stadium/dome tour or arena's/sheds.

Clearly stadiums. All NFL cities except Orlando who (courtesy KK) has a huge football stadium too...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

ill mention this again: this is the first time GNR is playing the gulf coast in 24 years.. they cancelled a show in Biloxi in 2010 0r 2011. this is big. think of how many fans around this area they have amassed in 24 years. I do think just the bill of Duff/Slash/Axl could be a big draw down here. we are within 2-3 hours of a lot of major cities that, unless they have traveled, haven't seen GNR in 24 years. Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Jackson MS, Mobile AL, Biloxi, Gulfport, etc etc. I think someones management looked at this and thought it needed to be rectified. 

Are you from Mississippi? My first GNR show was them opening for Motley Crue in Jackson in 87. If memory serves me correctly the last scheduled GNR show was the one at the Coast Colisieum in Biloxi in 02 that was cancelled. So, I agree with you a 100%, if they do a show at the Superdome there would be enough demand from a 200 mile radius to fill it. Mississippi in general usually fills most rock concerts as it's something that the area as a whole is lacking. (other then New Orleans) I remember them cancelling the show in Southhaven in 2011 I believe it was, but did they also have a show on the coast that was cancelled as well?

Edited by systronic
Add to original
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kittiara said:

Ah, you lucky American people. I am really happy for you!

I'll just have to wait until they visit the UK, and then hope that they won't just play London.

Same here! I think they'll either do festivals or they'll do the big cities, London, Manchester, and hopefully Dublin across the pond. Either way that's what credit cards are for :D

• Like 1

Can you imagine if this entire tour goes off without a hitch when all is said and done i.e. no cancellations, no riots etc.

it really feels like this is all occurring in an alternate reality!

Even though I'm in Europe I'm happy they're going for the throat in the US to begin with and trying to grab that market by the balls again!

My prediction is late 2016 for a South American tour and summer 2017 for Europe festival season 

So do you guys think Boston means TD Garden, Fenway Park, or Gillette Stadium (which is actually in Foxboro (edit originally typed Fenway a second time lmao)). I'm trying to go for sure. I don't drive so most likely I'll be taking a bus up from my hometown (South of Boston) and trying to get a hotel for the night or stay with someone I know in Boston, and taking the bus back the next day. 

Edited by Axl Rose aka God
changed Fenway to Foxboro

10 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Same here! I think they'll either do festivals or they'll do the big cities, London, Manchester, and hopefully Dublin across the pond. Either way that's what credit cards are for :D

I hope they do their own shows, rather than festivals. Or not exclusively festivals. I definitely hope for Manchester, which is easier for us northerners. I mean, nothing against London, but it isn't the funnest journey there from the northern countryside! And aye to Dublin for our friends across the pond.

Just now, P1g Vomit said:

Are certain cities still getting two shows? I remember hearing Chicago and Toronto were supposed to get two.

I would imagine that the bigger markets have options for a second show, maybe all of them do.  But, certainly Chicago would probably have an option for two shows...New York, Boston and I'd guess Toronto would for sure because there are no shows near that market other than Detroit.

• Like 1

They will just ask crazy high prices for the floor and seats in the 100 sections of the football stadiums that are closest to the stage. Seats in the other endzone will be $100 or a little more. Most prices will go down as the seating sections go up.At least that is how all the concerts at Nissan Stadium have been, like the Stones last year and Beyonce this year. That is how the prices were. Hopefully this will follow suit. 

I don't care, I am just ready to know the date and that I have my seat. Then I will calm down. My wife doesn't understand the obsession lol.

I'm assuming in Pittsburgh they'll play Heinz Field, which is where I saw the Stones last year. Just hope I can get better seats for this one.

Jesus, I can't believe we're getting a date. I saw the billboard too which is just outside the city.

23 minutes ago, Axl Rose aka God said:

So do you guys think Boston means TD Garden, Fenway Park, or Gillette Stadium (which is actually in Fenway). I'm trying to go for sure. I don't drive so most likely I'll be taking a bus up from my hometown (South of Boston) and trying to get a hotel for the night or stay with someone I know in Boston, and taking the bus back the next day. 

i automatically thought it would be td garden, but after seeing the foo fighters rock the fuck outta fenway it would be badass if guns did the same

1 minute ago, Black Sabbath said:

That's most likely the word.

I know Billboard said football stadiums, but I'm thinking there is a possibility they were told "stadium tour" and it's easy to think "football stadiums".

MetLife is probably the most likely (though technically not New York).

Just for comparison with one of the few stadium acts I checked Beyonce's tour, and she's playing both football and baseball stadiums.

Was it Billboard or Rolling Stone who announced the tour first. Seems like they weren't that uninformed back then when they talked about a 25 stadium tour.

Now we'll see if it's a successful reunion. It's somehow hard to imagine that they will sell out as many stadiums in North America, but I hope they do.

And then take it further guys and tour the rest of the world. Especially Europe.

2 minutes ago, Spirit said:

I know Billboard said football stadiums, but I'm thinking there is a possibility they were told "stadium tour" and it's easy to think "football stadiums".

MetLife is probably the most likely (though technically not New York).

Just for comparison with one of the few stadium acts I checked Beyonce's tour, and she's playing both football and baseball stadiums.

It's not technically New York, no, but whenever bands go on tour and play at MetLife, they consider that to be New York. I thought Eminem and Rihanna there and they addressed it as New York and New Jersey.