Summer 2016 North American Tour Announcement - 'Not In This Lifetime" - Dates and Venues Announced!

3 hours ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I think thats very hard to say right now. In all honesty, 20 stadiums, one in each major city SHOULD be fine, even prices are sky high. I wouldn't say they outdid themselves yet, but I also think they have very little room to "expand". Its gotta be this, and they gotta hope the hype will sell it, cause I think anything else might be overkill and there wouldn't be enough demand, at least at this prices.

I am not so sure about it, the pre-sales is when you get a real feel of how a show is going to sell, the fact there are so many tickets available in all price ranges for almost all of the shows save for the big markets like Chicago and NY is not a good sign

we are going to get a better feel on Monday, if there are still alot of tickets available after the Citi pre-sale and it does not look like the shows are selling ok, these shows could be a disaster

Edited by k12

1 minute ago, k12 said:

I am not so sure about it, the pre-sales is when you get a real feel of how a show is going to sell, the fact there are so many tickets available in all price ranges for almost all of the shows save for the big markets like Chicago and NY is not a good sign

we are going to get a better feel on Monday, if there are still alot of tickets available after the Citi pre-sale and it does not look like the shows are selling ok, these shows could be a disaster

Better for me. I might be able to get those cheap $25 seats right outside the venue like I hoped :lol:! I still guess they sell well though, but that is a good point. I just chock it up to its Saturday, this all just happened within the last 24 hours. It is very possible people just don't know yet.

in this article about the cancelled St. Louis show http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/music/kevin-johnson/guns-n-roses-spokesperson-discusses-the-st-louis-show-s/article_34382f10-7d2f-590e-ae38-cf58fc2c598d.html

a GNR official when asked about St Louis possibly getting a show said "This is only the start"

I can definitely see them hitting an arena tour next year with the 30th Anniversary of Appetite, they are probably not inviting Izzy or Steven this time around so that is the "gimmick" they are going to use for that

Seems strange to me they haven't even announced an opener for the tour yet. Is it possible they're waiting to see how it sells with just their name alone? Then if it's selling slow, they sign on a big name? Or if it sells out in no time, they say fuck it and get some shit birds to play for nothing???

Although the Stones didn't announce their openers until a couple weeks before the show, long after I had my tickets... :shrugs:

Yeah - or it's just the rep being polite, since it wasn't the band's fault.

No way Busch Stadium was going to risk having the place ripped apart in the middle of baseball season!

And I guess the Dome, since the Rams left, wasn't up for it either. Some here are also thinking Axl pranked the city, because we have the billboards up near the airport.

Maybe, although its pretty early to read into that now.

I'll admit though, part of me wants to skip the stadium portion of this tour and just do Vegas so that if they DO do this Appetite arena thing next year with Izzy and Steven, I'd rather see that once or a few times than see this like 5 times. But thats the conservative in me trying to spread my money out to all the best options lol.

10 minutes ago, GunsDK said:

Did anyone snag GA for the San Fran show??

I could only get it to work (the site finding a seat) on the mobile version of the TM site. App didn't work for me at all.

Good call on trying the app. Can't secure GA tho. Best I found was Floor 13 and 14. Did you get GA?

Did anyone have any luck with Chicago?  The only thing I can find is single tickets.  Did they really sell all ticket pairs that fast?

I don't have a Citi card so that leaves me out of the presale.  Hopefully I can find a code for the Venue presale on the 5th.

5 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

April 8th is gonna be a long time to wait to try for tickets!  Here's to hoping there are some semi decent seats left for San Diego

Keep trying over and over on the San Diego. Depending how many tix and what you want to pay there are amazing seats as of about an hour ago. Field seats and floor seats. Field are 99.50 before fees and the floor were 150 before fees I believe. I really wanted 2 floor and would have gotten them too if I had the choice in about 4 days. Couldnt take the chance...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, d4mo said:

Did anyone have any luck with Chicago?  The only thing I can find is single tickets.  Did they really sell all ticket pairs that fast?

I don't have a Citi card so that leaves me out of the presale.  Hopefully I can find a code for the Venue presale on the 5th.

don't worry about Chicago, there is a very good chance they are going to add a Saturday show if the Friday is sold out, than the tickets are going to be easy to come by

Anyone fancy a forum meet up in New York before the MetLife show? I accept you all are probably freaks who spend your weekends cracking yourselves to videos of Axl's rasp but it'd be good to meet you's anyway.

I'll be the guy at the bar with a normal haircut.