Summer 2016 North American Tour Announcement - 'Not In This Lifetime" - Dates and Venues Announced!

10 hours ago, DanielCT said:

Hey everyone - I'm Dan, originally from Saratoga Springs, NY now living in Connecticut. First post. Well, I'm going to see GnR again after 25 years, holy crap. I picked up a lower lever ticket, section 116, for the show at MetLife Stadium. Also going to the show at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro - that took a bit of work. I tried for a ticket there as soon as sales opened, and all I got was the 'searching' message, which never went off. Once I was done buying the MetLife ticket, I pulled up another window and did another search for tickets at Foxboro. Pulled up a floor seat about halfway back, but didn't take it. Searched again and pulled up GA pit 2. No question about that one, just had to do it. Someone must have had it and let it time out on TM so the ticket was released.

Anyway, it's great to be here among all of you GnR fans. I've been a fan going back to the Appetite days, but have only seen them once - work, work, work, school, more work, no money, etc. - those are the excuses. Time to start living again and enjoy life. Hope to see some of you at the shows.

Dan

I'll be in 116 with you at MetLife.  Curious if that's the furthest-forward lowel level section at the $185 price range.  If not, I'll be miffed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, d4mo said:

Did anyone have any luck with Chicago?  The only thing I can find is single tickets.  Did they really sell all ticket pairs that fast?

I don't have a Citi card so that leaves me out of the presale.  Hopefully I can find a code for the Venue presale on the 5th.

i bought 2 paradise VIP.

$1500 for the pair.  

The tour by the numbers:  (each venue may increase seating based on floor space and stage configurations, these are approx)

Apr. 01 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Troubadour  (500)
Apr. 08 - Las Vegas, NV @ T-Mobile Arena (19,600+)
Apr. 09 - Las Vegas, NV @ T-Mobile Arena (19,600+)
Apr. 16 - Indio, CA @ Coachella  (99,000+)
Apr. 19 - Mexico City, MX @ Foro Sol  (65,000+)
Apr. 20 - Mexico City, MX @ Foro Sol  (65,000+)
Apr. 23 - Indio, CA @ Coachella  (99,000+)

April Dates total 367,700 people

Jun. 23 - Detroit, MI @ Ford Field  (65,000+)
Jun. 26 - Washington, DC @ FEDEXFIELD  (79,000+)
Jun. 29 - Kansas City, MO @ Arrowhead Stadium  (76,416+)
Jul. 01 - Chicago, IL @ Soldier Field  (61,500+)
Jul. 06 - Cincinnati, OH @ Paul Brown Stadium  (73,200+)
Jul. 09 - Nashville, TN @ Nissan Stadium  (69,143+)
Jul. 12 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Heinz Field  (65,050+)
Jul. 14 - Philadelphia, PA @ Lincoln Financial Field (69,176+)
Jul. 16 - Toronto, ON @ Rogers Centre  (53,506+)
Jul. 19 - Foxboro, MA @ Gillette Stadium  (68,756+)
Jul. 23 - East Rutherford, NJ @ MetLife Stadium  (82,566+)
Jul. 27 - Atlanta, GA @ Georgia Dome  (71,228+)
Jul. 29 - Orlando, FL @ Orlando Citrus Bowl  (70,000+)
Jul. 31 - New Orleans, LA @ Mercedes-Benz Superdome  (76,468+)
Aug. 03 - Arlington, TX @ AT&T Stadium  (80,000+)
Aug. 05 - Houston, TX @ NRG Stadium  (71,500+)
Aug. 09 - San Francisco, CA @ AT&T Park  (41,195+)
Aug. 12 - Seattle, WA @ CenturyLink Field  (67,000+)
Aug. 15 - Glendale, AZ @ University of Phoenix Stadium  (63,400+)
Aug. 22 - San Diego, CA @ Qualcomm Stadium  (70,561+)

Not In This Lifetime Summer North America Dates total 1,945,265 people

If no other dates added and none taken away amd of course every gig sold out, they will have played to over 2,312,965 people by the end of August

• Like 4

New music? Are people on glue?

They've been reunited for 1 day. Let's get realistic.

Next thing there'll be some guy claiming he's under a desk at Geffen recording Slash's re-worked parts from IRS.

Which I would absolutely love.

4 hours ago, Trin9498 said:

Who got tickets for Gillette? I'm in 111

booked a room at Patriot Place too - this is going to be an expensive night. 

I'll be there - it will be my first GnR show in 25 years. To say I'm excited would be an understatement. 

2 hours ago, W. Axl Kev said:

Anyone fancy a forum meet up in New York before the MetLife show? I accept you all are probably freaks who spend your weekends cracking yourselves to videos of Axl's rasp but it'd be good to meet you's anyway.

I'll be the guy at the bar with a normal haircut.

That sounds like a great idea. I may drive into the city in the morning then cruise over to the stadium from there in the afternoon. Hopefully they'll add a gig on the 24th. 2 days in a row of GnR would be great. 

54 minutes ago, comaknight said:

I'll be in 116 with you at MetLife.  Curious if that's the furthest-forward lowel level section at the $185 price range.  If not, I'll be miffed.

I'm wondering this too.  I haven't seen GNR since 1991 so I'm excited but with the hotel cost & travel costs plus tickets for my wife & I it may not be worth it.  Are all the 100's sections at Metlife $185 a seat?  What about the 200's sections?  I'm trying to get an idea of ticket prices before I sign up for the Nightrain fan club to see if it's worth it for us.

1 minute ago, Chewy2 said:

I'm wondering this too.  I haven't seen GNR since 1991 so I'm excited but with the hotel cost & travel costs plus tickets for my wife & I it may not be worth it.  Are all the 100's sections at Metlife $185 a seat?  What about the 200's sections?  I'm trying to get an idea of ticket prices before I sign up for the Nightrain fan club to see if it's worth it for us.

I didn't have to sign up first. I just went to ticketmaster and clicked $45 nightrain presale, picked the ticket selection I wanted to shoot for and bought them. That was for Cinci though. I had no intention of even buying a ticket today. I got an amazing draw tho and decided to just spend the $45 to secure it. I only went for one seat though. I don't know anybody that wanted to spend $150 to go with me. Here's to fucking going alone! :headbang:

47 minutes ago, pugachev said:

How easy is it to the MetLife stadium from Manhattan? I was thinking of a trip to NYC this summer, If I could somehow make the stars align and squeeze this gig into the trip, that would make my life.

There's a commuter train that runs from NY Penn Station to the stadium on stadium event days.  There's also usually a few buses from Port Authority.  Considering the shitshow potential of the crowd size, you may consider one of the Rocks Off coach buses (if they run them) that limits the ridership.  Party atmosphere, a bit more expensive, but you're guaranteed a seat in and out... as long as you get your arse on the bus on time.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, coolranchdressing! said:

just out of curiosity...I'm trying to search for tix for Toronto (have NT password) and "no matches for your search" pops up. So does that mean all NT tix are sold? or that the "presale" is over? thank you!

Probably that the tickets are "sold out" for now. I'd recommend keeping on trying. If money isn't an issue - you can pull up great seats with the "Live and Let Die" package. Otherwise, try and try again. There's still other presales happening this week too - Live Nation, Facebook, etc... So if still no luck, try those.

I can't believe they didn't have a better block of tickets reserved specifically for Nightrain members. It seems like it was as much of a bust as most pre-sales are these days.

45 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Probably that the tickets are "sold out" for now. I'd recommend keeping on trying. If money isn't an issue - you can pull up great seats with the "Live and Let Die" package. Otherwise, try and try again. There's still other presales happening this week too - Live Nation, Facebook, etc... So if still no luck, try those.

I can't believe they didn't have a better block of tickets reserved specifically for Nightrain members. It seems like it was as much of a bust as most pre-sales are these days.

thanks 007. Fortunately I got myself a good ticket but a gf of mine joined the NT and is PISSED as she wasn't able to get herself tickets (we wanted to be near each other)...If possible, can you please provide links to the various pre-sales if you have them handy? take care

8 hours ago, coolranchdressing! said:

thanks 007. Fortunately I got myself a good ticket but a gf of mine joined the NT and is PISSED as she wasn't able to get herself tickets (we wanted to be near each other)...If possible, can you please provide links to the various pre-sales if you have them handy? take care

They're listed on the Ticketmaster page for the Toronto show under the "on sale times" tab. I can't remember which order and which days off hand. Generally, Live Nation and/or the band's Facebook pages post the password (and someone here probably will too) for the venue and Facebook pre-sales. If I remember correctly, next up is the "Front of the Line" pre-sale which allows you to buy tickets if you have an American Express card. Not always the greats seats for FOTL but it's something!

If I purchase a second Night Train membership under my wife's name can I get two more tickets today?  I see seats open that I really like and would prefer them.  I can use her name and her email address but the mailing address will be the same as mine and I don't want TicketMaster to nix all my tickets for working around the limit since I'm not one of their authorized scalpers.

11 hours ago, gunsguy said:

The tour by the numbers:  (each venue may increase seating based on floor space and stage configurations, these are approx)

Apr. 01 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Troubadour  (500)
Apr. 08 - Las Vegas, NV @ T-Mobile Arena (19,600+)
Apr. 09 - Las Vegas, NV @ T-Mobile Arena (19,600+)
Apr. 16 - Indio, CA @ Coachella  (99,000+)
Apr. 19 - Mexico City, MX @ Foro Sol  (65,000+)
Apr. 20 - Mexico City, MX @ Foro Sol  (65,000+)
Apr. 23 - Indio, CA @ Coachella  (99,000+)

April Dates total 367,700 people

Jun. 23 - Detroit, MI @ Ford Field  (65,000+)
Jun. 26 - Washington, DC @ FEDEXFIELD  (79,000+)
Jun. 29 - Kansas City, MO @ Arrowhead Stadium  (76,416+)
Jul. 01 - Chicago, IL @ Soldier Field  (61,500+)
Jul. 06 - Cincinnati, OH @ Paul Brown Stadium  (73,200+)
Jul. 09 - Nashville, TN @ Nissan Stadium  (69,143+)
Jul. 12 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Heinz Field  (65,050+)
Jul. 14 - Philadelphia, PA @ Lincoln Financial Field (69,176+)
Jul. 16 - Toronto, ON @ Rogers Centre  (53,506+)
Jul. 19 - Foxboro, MA @ Gillette Stadium  (68,756+)
Jul. 23 - East Rutherford, NJ @ MetLife Stadium  (82,566+)
Jul. 27 - Atlanta, GA @ Georgia Dome  (71,228+)
Jul. 29 - Orlando, FL @ Orlando Citrus Bowl  (70,000+)
Jul. 31 - New Orleans, LA @ Mercedes-Benz Superdome  (76,468+)
Aug. 03 - Arlington, TX @ AT&T Stadium  (80,000+)
Aug. 05 - Houston, TX @ NRG Stadium  (71,500+)
Aug. 09 - San Francisco, CA @ AT&T Park  (41,195+)
Aug. 12 - Seattle, WA @ CenturyLink Field  (67,000+)
Aug. 15 - Glendale, AZ @ University of Phoenix Stadium  (63,400+)
Aug. 22 - San Diego, CA @ Qualcomm Stadium  (70,561+)

Not In This Lifetime Summer North America Dates total 1,945,265 people

If no other dates added and none taken away amd of course every gig sold out, they will have played to over 2,312,965 people by the end of August

You really can't do it like that.  For example MetLife and all the football stadiums, nearly 1/3 of the seats are behind or directly to the side of the stage and aren't sold.  Granted, you need to account for people on the ground - but I don't think it's 1 to 1.

2 hours ago, AtGame7 said:

If I purchase a second Night Train membership under my wife's name can I get two more tickets today?  I see seats open that I really like and would prefer them.  I can use her name and her email address but the mailing address will be the same as mine and I don't want TicketMaster to nix all my tickets for working around the limit since I'm not one of their authorized scalpers.

I think it just has to be different name and credit card. 

13 hours ago, comaknight said:

There's a commuter train that runs from NY Penn Station to the stadium on stadium event days.  There's also usually a few buses from Port Authority.  Considering the shitshow potential of the crowd size, you may consider one of the Rocks Off coach buses (if they run them) that limits the ridership.  Party atmosphere, a bit more expensive, but you're guaranteed a seat in and out... as long as you get your arse on the bus on time.

I agree. I've not actually personally been to MetLife before but I know a bunch of people who go to see the Jets/Giants who make the journey regularly.

It's painless from what I understand.

13 hours ago, Chewy2 said:

I paid 250 a ticket for section 113. I believe your tickets were cheaper because they are further away from the stage however you will still have a great view

4 hours ago, James Bond said:

They're listed on the Ticketmaster page for the Toronto show under the "on sale times" tab. I can't remember which order and which days off hand. Generally, Live Nation and/or the band's Facebook pages post the password (and someone here probably will too) for the venue and Facebook pre-sales. If I remember correctly, next up is the "Front of the Line" pre-sale which allows you to buy tickets if you have an American Express card. Not always the greats seats for FOTL but it's something!

cool thanks. ill keep my eyes peeled... dont have an amex so im hoping i can get pit tickets whenever that facebook presale starts