Summer 2016 North American Tour Announcement - 'Not In This Lifetime" - Dates and Venues Announced!

3 minutes ago, coolranchdressing! said:

I found this is the case...if you wait for the DAY of you can get the ticket off a scalper AT COST...it's a chance tho' and most people want to ensure they have a ticket....like I do w/ this tour! ;)

Just to be clear, the tix I was referring to were directly from ticketmaster and at face value... I can't really deal with buying from scalpers due to the proliferation of fakes... As much as I hate the fees attached, if I'm not buying from TM or the box office, I go through Stubhub because the tix are guaranteed.

Just now, TheDave0206 said:

Just to be clear, the tix I was referring to were directly from ticketmaster and at face value... I can't really deal with buying from scalpers due to the proliferation of fakes... As much as I hate the fees attached, if I'm not buying from TM or the box office, I go through Stubhub because the tix are guaranteed.

yeah I was lucky + desparate...a scalper in NY gave me the WRONG ticket (my sis and I wanted Floors for the Hammerstein when GNR played there in 2007 I think) and I got PISSED off w/ him (my sis thought I was crazy for yelling at him...she thought I would get SHOT) but the guy fixed the error. But I know, fakes are out there (and I've already spotted a few online I think!)

Obviously no shows at MSG this tour, but the NYC scalpers are notoriously the worst for future reference (and possibly something to think about for Metlife show)... in NYC, though, you have no shot of ever finding the guy who sold you the fake, because by the time you find out they're fakes, the scalper that just took your cash can be 5 blocks away

I realize a lot of people here are hardcore GNR fans and will likely buy presale or general onsale tickets at face.  But I have to say that the smarter move from a financial standpoint is to wait until the week of the show and buy on Stubhub or other secondary markets.  The high face value, the huge supply of tickets due to massive stadium capacity, and the large number of tour dates is a recipe for soft demand.  There will inevitably be a huge amount of buyer's remorse for both people that buy at high face value and want to unload closer to the show, and for scalpers that misjudge the demand and overbuy.

It's not something hardcore fans want to hear, but GNR simply isn't the massive draw that a lot of you think they are any more, even with Slash and Duff back.  Selling out arenas is one thing, but stadiums are extremely difficult for even currently relevant and popular acts to do, which is why you see so few music acts even play stadiums anymore.

Wait it out and there will be loads of tickets at face value and significantly under that available close to show time.  It's a virtual lock.

so any clue on who the opening act is? I am thinking they are waiting to see how tickets are selling, if they are not selling good they are going to have to pay a big band to go out on tour with them, if they are selling ok they will drag Alice In Chains along or another smaller act

Edited by k12

20 minutes ago, k12 said:

so any clue on who the opening act is? I am thinking they are waiting to see how tickets are selling, if they are not selling good they are going to have to pay a big band to go out on tour with them, if they are selling ok they will drag Alice In Chains along or another smaller act

The Cult or Alice In Chains or both will probably end up opening up for the whole tour?

Edited by PsychoKiss344

1. A lot of the 'AFD 5 only' fans won't be going.

2. A considerable amount of fans from back in the day will notice that Izzy, Steven, Matt and Gilby aren't there. 

3. This is appealing to the Slash and Axl fan..most of which are casual. How many casual GNR fans are there and how many are willing to go to a stadium and watch the band? Probably enough..mostly younger people who never got to see the original band. 

3 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

To fill 80,000 capacity bowls they're surely gonna have to turn it into almost like a 1 day festival type of deal with multiple bands. 

I would've agreed before all the announcements and promotion that they would be sharing the bill with another notable act or two. Do you think the late start times would indicate that's probably not the case?  I know, I know. This band tends to go on late. But both shows closest to me (philly and ny) start at 8:30. Not much time for openers there. 

8 minutes ago, mrw80 said:

I would've agreed before all the announcements and promotion that they would be sharing the bill with another notable act or two. Do you think the late start times would indicate that's probably not the case?  I know, I know. This band tends to go on late. But both shows closest to me (philly and ny) start at 8:30. Not much time for openers there. 

Assuming GNR goes on around 11/1130/12, and 830 start leaves plenty of time for 1 if not 2 openers. 

The next big hurdle to overcome will be how late are they/Axl gonna go on. 

I think public opinion could quickly go south if they're routinely going on close to midnight unless of course they're gonna advertise this late start in the run up to the shows, or even how they did on the Troub flyer and ticket, i.e. "sometime after 11"

7 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

I think public opinion could quickly go south if they're routinely going on close to midnight unless of course they're gonna advertise this late start in the run up to the shows, or even how they did on the Troub flyer and ticket, i.e. "sometime after 11"

Agreed. They've won the battle with folks at the moment, but the tour will dictate it. Any hiccups from Axl in a consistently late type perspective I think will really derail things and ppls opinions, those that are in the positive at least.

They can't be starting at such mental late times where ppl are left stranded with no way home, or standing about for hours waiting for a show. I'm thinking there is so much money involved that there must be some requirement where it has to go off without too much dramas in this department (some other post somewhere eluded to them perhaps not getting paid until the tour was completed without serious dramas or something).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Not saying you're not, but I'm really hoping the public uses common sense on this. Like I said above, the tickets for Detroit say 8:30. So if 2 openers get announced, that means GN'R starting around 11 or 12 would be "on time".

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheDave0206 said:

If anyone is even considering using the secondary market for any of these shows right now, please wait til after the public onsale is complete... As a Springsteen and Pearl Jam fan in the Philly area, I have seen many shows that are almost impossible to get tickets for in arenas and small theaters that have sold out literally in seconds... I know it's easier to just buy on Stubhub to make sure you have tix, but you can do that all the way up to the show date.  We're talking stadiums right now where 75-80% of the tickets havent even gone on sale yet... Further, even if you still somehow get shut out, bands always hold back some of the better seats at every show for family/friends/record company/management, and whatever is not used is "dropped" within the last few days (sometimes hours) before the show.  In February, I saw Springsteen in Philly (which was considered a virtually impossible ticket, with resale prices in the $500-600's for anything other than the worst seats at one point)... I actually went to Albany and saw him there because I didn't think that I would have a shot at tix in Philly, but while we were traveling to Albany, I got a tip that a drop was happening and scored great seats for the show in Philly, which was 3 days later... I saw two Billy Joel shows in his family section (like 2 rows off the stage) when I waited until the last day for what were both supposedly sold out shows, and also bought tix for a Springsteen show at the Garden at 1 PM on the day of the show a few years back... ended up sitting in same row as Bruce's mother... like 3 seats down... could almost touch the stage... Don't panic... there are tons of seats in a stadium... the prices on Stubhub aren't going to get higher... They are preying on your anxiety.  

Thank you @TheDave0206 for your detailed response. I read somewhere that NT had about 2500 pre sale tickets per venue. In Toronto 800 of those are on stub hub for 4x face value and more.

I'm going to try and upgrade my ticket through fb pre sale and then the general sale... And then like someone suggested, in the stadium parking lot, day of.

It reminds me of when I traveled to NYC to watch the Hammersmith shows. I had one floor ticket already but then another show was added before mine. The night of my sister (huge GNR fan) decided to randomly get tickets off the street.

We ended up getting two additional floor tickets at face value an hour or two before show time.

Toronto is 8:30 as well.  Glad to finally see them move the ticketed times back knowing it is GNR.  All I ever thought was just make the doors later and that's cool then people know!

My guess is they are gonna be on stage "sometime after 11" that's fair

Edited by gunsguy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Toronto is 8:30 as well.  Glad to finally see them move the ticketed times back knowing it is GNR.  All I ever thought was just make the doors later and that's cool then people know!

My guess is they are gonna be on stage "sometime after 11" that's fair

Even given that they are putting late times on the ticket, I'm prepare for all the people to still whine about what time they hit the stage every night. Not necessarily here, but around social media and what not.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Even given that they are putting late times on the ticket, I'm prepare for all the people to still whine about what time they hit the stage every night. Not necessarily here, but around social media and what not.

when NuGNR were in Zagreb, Croatia in 2010. - - i think time on ticket was obout 2000 but every comercial said - Axl don't like to go on stage before 2300:D

so about 10 - arena was half empty still :D and we saved money on beer as could buy it out of venue for cheeper price

2 hours ago, mrw80 said:

I think we will hear who the opening act is once the tickets actually go on sale to the public this Friday. All of the people who REALLY want to see GNR will buy tickets, and then if they announce a decent support act they'll get another wave of sales from that. IT makes sense to hold off for a bit.

If they start at 8:30 you could get 90 minutes from an opener and still have GNR go on at 11. 

I'd bet any money after the first Toronto show sells out , there gonna instantly start selling the second date tickets, that's how I got pit pearl jam tickets. So if you don't get tickets cuz of the scalpers for night one you'll get great seats for night two guaranteed. 

I really hope they have the second date cuz I'm seeing def leppard on Saturday. 

2 minutes ago, Dookiesanteria said:

I'd bet any money after the first Toronto show sells out , there gonna instantly start selling the second date tickets, that's how I got pit pearl jam tickets. So if you don't get tickets cuz of the scalpers for night one you'll get great seats for night two guaranteed. 

I really hope they have the second date cuz I'm seeing def leppard on Saturday. 

Sell those Def Leppard tix... ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Not saying you're not, but I'm really hoping the public uses common sense on this. Like I said above, the tickets for Detroit say 8:30. So if 2 openers get announced, that means GN'R starting around 11 or 12 would be "on time".

I couldn't agree more. I remember reading Ticketmaster reviews for the 2010 Hamilton show and people bitching that Axl was "three hours late" when he wasn't. I can't remember if the tickets said 7:30 or 8:00 but I know Danko Jones came on exactly at that time, then Bach did, and Bach finished at like 9:55 so the 10:25 start was certainly on time relative to the openers. Later show than most concerts but not "late" getting on, if that makes sense. I hope people plan for this. Waiting for a half hour after the opener is much different than waiting three-four hours.