Summer 2016 North American Tour Announcement - 'Not In This Lifetime" - Dates and Venues Announced!

7 minutes ago, k12 said:

there is enough buzz it should be selling better than it has

and most of the tickets are sold in the pre-sales and the on-sales, if it is looking like a flop on April 8th at 11AM, it is in all likely going to be a flop

Huh?  There's only like 30,000 nightrain club members with access to two tickets for the whole tour max..  Other than VIP, that was the only way to get tix until this morning.

a lot of those fan club members don't live in the states.  So, with a two ticket limit (for the whole tour) for 30,000 people that means only 60,000 tickets could have been sold before this morning for the WHOLE TOUR.

You don't know what you're taking about.

Edited by tsinindy

Just now, tsinindy said:

Huh?  There's only like 30,000 nightrain club members with access to two tickets for the whole tour max..  Other than VIP, that was the only way to get tix until this morning.

a lot of those fan club members don't live in the states.  So, with a two ticket limit (for the whole tour) for 30,000 people that means only 60,000 tickets could have been sold before this morning for the WHOLE TOUR.

You don't know what you're taking about.

they opened the nightrain access to everyone, if you wanted tickets you were able to get them on ticketmaster you just had to add a $85 Nightrain fee

One way or another they will sell out at every stadium. Even if it means last minute pricing to get people in there. It's probably smart to wait, but I went ahead and got the cheapest tickets I could at AT&T in Dallas...I imagine I'll be watching the big screen anyways. I'm doing pit in Vegas though, so maybe I'll just record the show from the big board in Dallas if they have it on. 

1 minute ago, k12 said:

they opened the nightrain access to everyone, if you wanted tickets you were able to get them on ticketmaster you just had to add a $85 Nightrain fee

Actually it was $45...or $85, and that has nothing to do with it.  Gen pop sees a fan club pre-sale and think they are locked out bc that is generally the case with most other bands.

I agree with @IncitingChaos about them selling all shows out they did something similar last year when the Rolling Stones came to Nissan Stadium. They cut prices and let a certain # of people purchase discount tickets. You wouldn't know where you were sitting until you arrived at the stadium.

A guy I know bought tickets the day of the concert for the cheapest price available and got to sit about 6 rows back in the center. I was up top screwed with the $110 seats lol

4 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

One way or another they will sell out at every stadium. Even if it means last minute pricing to get people in there. It's probably smart to wait, but I went ahead and got the cheapest tickets I could at AT&T in Dallas...I imagine I'll be watching the big screen anyways. I'm doing pit in Vegas though, so maybe I'll just record the show from the big board in Dallas if they have it on. 

unless they are going to add a major headliner, like Metallica, I am willing to bet they are not going to come close to selling out the majority of these things, and yes they are going to have Groupon deals and buy one get ones if they are intent on keeping the stadium's, but it is not going to be enough to sell out or come close to it in alot of these markets

2 minutes ago, k12 said:

unless they are going to add a major headliner, like Metallica, I am willing to bet they are not going to come close to selling out the majority of these things, and yes they are going to have Groupon deals and buy one get ones if they are intent on keeping the stadium's, but it is not going to be enough to sell out or come close to it in alot of these markets

lol, you're so wrong.  I mean we'll see, no one knows but I bet they actually add a second show in 3 markets and sell at least 80% in every single stadium....without any groupons or other crap.

7 minutes ago, k12 said:

Do they need to sell them out? If you get 40,000 to show up (in 70,000 seat stadiums) paying pretty high prices, it is probably still very profitable and more efficient than playing multiple shows in a 20,000 seat arena.

21 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

lol, you're so wrong.  I mean we'll see, no one knows but I bet they actually add a second show in 3 markets and sell at least 80% in every single stadium....without any groupons or other crap.

I will gladly take that bet, at least selling 80% of tickets without any discount deal

18 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Do they need to sell them out? If you get 40,000 to show up (in 70,000 seat stadiums) paying pretty high prices, it is probably still very profitable and more efficient than playing multiple shows in a 20,000 seat arena.

maybe, but it is making for a lousy atmosphere, it is always alot more fun if it is a packed house and you can feel the energy

and I do not even think they are going to sell 40,000 tickets at these high prices, I am willing to bet for the majority of the shows they are going to need all of the discounts to get maybe 40,000 people in the place

7 minutes ago, k12 said:

and I do not even think they are going to sell 40,000 tickets at these high prices, I am willing to bet for the majority of the shows they are going to need all of the discounts to get maybe 40,000 people in the place

tumblr_m2j0vmWRt81r04y2f.gif

Edited by PsychoKiss344

I got on and bought a PIT ticket for the Seattle show right at 10a.  I checked back in again at noon, and PIT tickets were still available.  So Seattle is selling REALLY slowly.

For high-demand shows, Citi presales get hammered.  This one is barely registering.

I'm enjoying reading the ticket industry info shared in this thread!

Via the Nightrain pre-sale, I was able to secure 2 lower level seats for the AT&T Stadium show in Dallas on August 3rd.

SEC C138 - 16 rows up. SEC C138 is adjacent to the GA pit on Duff and Fortus' side of the stage. I spent $280 per ticket and prefer lower level over floor seats.

I feel I made out like a champ compared to what the VIP/Premium tickets are going for...

Forgot about the Citi presale as I have a Citi card. Just got home from work and out of curiosity see what I could get being almost 6 hours late from the start of sale in Chicago. I was shocked to see I could still get section 242 which is like 1 section away from being inline with the stage so very close row 10. However $350 for a pair of those I will just pass. Like I have mentioned before I will get to see them Friday in a more intimate venue and it should ROCK. I am a bit disappointed with the price of these tickets for the stadiums. I really think they would have sold very well so far if they dropped the price by 20-25%. Those that have said a arena tour is what they should have done are right. Maybe in a year or two they will do that and hopefully I will get to see them at the Xcel Energy Center instead of skipping Minnesota like they did this time. Will see you guys Friday night!!

Got into the lower bowl at Ford Field for $250, where standing area tickets are $2,200.  I've never heard of anything like that, and as huge as this is I have a hard time believing they'll come anywhere close to selling out a stadium at that price.  How many white-collar Guns N' Roses fans are there in 2016?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sweetness said:

Got into the lower bowl at Ford Field for $250, where standing area tickets are $2,200.  I've never heard of anything like that, and as huge as this is I have a hard time believing they'll come anywhere close to selling out a stadium at that price.  How many white-collar Guns N' Roses fans are there in 2016?

Good point! Most of GNR's fanbase are blue collar 9 to 5 working folks. I have a hard time believing there are enough wealthy Guns fans out there who are eager to dish out hundreds/thousands for GNR tickets.

Edited by rockphantom

2 minutes ago, sweetness said:

I guess I'm white collar. I could easily afford to drop that kind of money if I wanted to. But I'm also a cheapskate. Knowing that people paid $10 or less to see the early and best version of GN'R, why would I want to pay $200+ or $2,000+ to see them in their 50's? I would pay $50,000 for a time machine back to GN'R shows from 1986, 1987, 1988, or 1991 before UYI came out. But that's not happening anytime soon, so I will just have to continue enjoying the footage posted on YouTube from 25+ years ago along with new footage from the current shows.

Thishas probably been asked, but I can see a seat map at first but when I type in my citi resale code I can't see it anymore. How do I buy the seats that I can see? It keeps asking me for a code, but my code doesn't work. Do I have to buy nightrain access to be able to pick seats off of the seat map? I want to buy them tonight! Thanks in advance!

2 minutes ago, grogmug said:

Thishas probably been asked, but I can see a seat map at first but when I type in my citi resale code I can't see it anymore. How do I buy the seats that I can see? It keeps asking me for a code, but my code doesn't work. Do I have to buy nightrain access to be able to pick seats off of the seat map? I want to buy them tonight! Thanks in advance!

There was no interactive seat map made available during the Nightrain pre-sale.

I can see it now. I can actually see whats seats are available, but when I put in my presale password, it disappears. Do you think I should wait for the general sale to pick my seats? I'm curious if we can pick our seats during the public sale?

26 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

Good point! Most of GNR's fanbase are blue collar 9 to 5 working folks. I have a hard time believing there are enough wealthy Guns fans out there who are eager to dish out hundreds/thousands for GNR tickets.

the idiots who made the pricing for this tour are thinking GNR fans are like the baby boomers who are going to shell out any amount of money to see the Fleetwood Mac's and the Eagles have their "reunion": tours, and even by those standards the GNR prices are even more absurd