Your Thoughts and Feelings as the Reunion Draws Near

To be honest, I am having a hard time getting excited about the reunion.  Maybe it's because it doesn't seem real yet.  I have one hope.  That Axl is in shape and puts on shows worthy of this band's legacy.  I think he will.   

I'm glad some of the newer fans who never got to see GNR back in the day will once again experience the magic Axl and Slash bring to a show.  Course it will never be as good as it once was, but this time it actually means more to all parties involved.  So that's great. 

I hope everyone has a great time and I hope to hang with you guys out in Vegas and in NYC.  Much love, 

Kaneda

its still hard to believe until they hit the stage all together, however i think that the whole "reunion" thing has never crossed Axl's mind. The way i see is slash and duff returning to GNR. steven or izzy joining the tour will be like duff and izzy did a few years ago, as just a guest appearance. that is why i dont see it as a reunuon.

anyway hope that this tour will be great and the best so far.

As the dates get closer and more information leaks..(like they really are getting along fine, looks like Adler is in, full N American announced, billboards and signs all over town) the more and more this is becoming a reality.

I look forward to seeing them in Vegas and I hope you have the time of your life when they come to your home town!

I saw real Guns 3 times, Minneapolis, September 15, 1992 was my last (real) Guns show.  I remember it was storming outside and Duff's parting words at the end were something about "be fucking careful out there on way home".....  . 

Who knew it'd be 24 years til I saw them again.  My thoughts & feelings- I can't describe....it just seems surreal.  I always held out hope that as long as they were all still alive this day would come. 

• Like 2

It's hard to believe it's even happening. Seeing Slash tweet about Guns is surreal.

But then that's similar to how they broke-up. It was hard to believe that Slash was no longer in Guns. So many of us thought it would all just blow over, and he and Axl would get back together. But it dragged on and on and on.

To the point where I thought they'd never reconcile. It seemed like that ship had sailed after the HoF. So it was a surprise when Slash announced they were cool.

My main thought is that I hope the band can turn a corner, and they build something that will go on for a good number of years.

Edited by Babooshka
  • Like 1

I've seen GNR in 1991, 1992, 1993, 2002, 2006, 2011 & 2012. 

Having seen everything from the UYI lineup on, I completely disagree with the notion that the new shows can't be as good as the older ones. Each GNR show & lineup I've seen has been great for different reasons. 

As for having Slash & Duff back specifically, I'd say that I'm more happy for others if that makes sense. I saw them with GNR several times myself so it's not new to me but I know of many people who never had that luxury, so I'm excited for them.  

• Like 1

Mainly gutted that the line-up I felt I had a proper connection with throughout my teens ('06-'10) never really got to live up to their potential, and now never will. And that no-one else really seems to care about that, even the people who I shared those times with on here (and IRL), just feels like a lot of wasted energy.

But far be it from me to tell other people how to feel. I'm glad other GN'R fans are getting a kick out of this.

Really surprised that Slash and Duff is retuning to the band. Would have preferred the last lineup to continue but it is much better than Axl retiring, which I increasingly feared would happen. I hope this will just be a short nostalgia thing and they get it quickly out of their system. Of course I hope they will make new music together, but I find that rather unlikely. But I have been wrong before, so maybe!? Hah.

Genuinely happy for all the fans who wanted this, though, and hope you all have fun at the shows :) I really appreciate the generally better mood at the forums.

Can relate ALOT with the OP story. I'm in utter happiness for this band, for Axl, for all of us.

I don't get it.. I can't understand how some are still complaining about things they don't even know or can't enjoy what's going on right now. I don't have tickets for any show yet but I'm living it like I will be there.

It is all so good and I hope they can put on a show that lives up to the expectations of the fans, although probably a lot will still complain about something.

• Like 2

Really dig the OP opening remarks.  I get that. I've been a HUGE fan since I was like literally 4 years old. My parents got a copy of AFD when it came out and I literally wore the damn thing out. Never got to see the AFD or UYI lineup. My parents had second row tickets to the Guns/Met. show in '92 in pgh and even had a spare for me, but at the last minute my mom decided not to take me cuz it might be too dangerous. I was only like 8 at the time. Been waiting for this reunion for fucking ever, but really gave up on it ever happening a number of years ago, so this whole thing kind of blows me away. I really didn't want to go to Coachella, but I had heard about the Vegas shows as a possibility so I held out for that, and as soon as it was announced, I HAD to go, and didn't really care what it cost. My credit card damn near melted LoL. Anyway, I have really high hopes for this set up, and really hope that it can live up to it's potential.

I'm still not excited. I've a feeling they're all just doing it for the money as opposed to just genuinely wanting to play together again. I'll get excited if Axl sounds decent. If he doesn't, then what's the point, really? Music's supposed to sound good and Guns N' Roses haven't sound good in over 20 years now. I'm not expecting much with the new incarnation.

I'm excited for the people who are going to see the band. First time I saw them was the Marquee shows in London in 1987. Sometime before that, someone sent me a copy of Live Like a Suicide to review. I liked it, definitely a respectable first effort, and a band to keep an eye on.

Not a patch on what they're like live. Nothing. There are shows on youtube now, so you can get an idea, but when I heard them play live for the first time I was entranced.

Go. Enjoy. I hope it's magical. It was for me.

I'm happy about it, but my excitement won't really begin until I've actually secured tickets to the Detroit show.  I'm incredibly anxious about it selling out in a short period of time after they go on sale, likely while I'm busy at work or some shit.

1 minute ago, sweetness said:

I'm happy about it, but my excitement won't really begin until I've actually secured tickets to the Detroit show.  I'm incredibly anxious about it selling out in a short period of time after they go on sale, likely while I'm busy at work or some shit.

Join the fan club when it re-opens.

i feel excited as hell because this is my first GN'R concert and it just happens to be the one with Axl and Slash reunited! unlike some other people for the past year and a half I just have had a very strong feeling this reunion would happen SOON. I just pray that everything goes well, it feels like it's been so long since I first got my tix back in January. time is just dragging!:smiley-confused2:

I have been a GnR fan from the beginning. Absolutely one of my all time favorite bands.  When GnR where at their peak I was starting a career, getting married and having 2 kids. I was so busy I didn't get a chance to see them live and have always regretted that. I never wanted to see the band with only 1 original member. I never thought they would ever get back together. So when Axl, Duff and Slash announced they were going to play Vegas of course I had to go. It is all I think about and all I talk about these days. The night before the concert I will be like a kid on Christmas eve, I doubt if I will be able to sleep!

Edited by BigD62