Opener for Summer N.A. Tour?

21 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

NWA, Alice in Chains, or The Darkness in the north, midwest, and west.  Chris Stapleton in the Southeast and Texas.  

NWA?  That wouldn't surprise me and would be my personal pick, but they haven't even officially re-formed yet or decided who would take Eazy's role.  

41 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Do you want to say that it sounds like Metallica or that it's a bad song? If you want to say first thing, they wanted to make a song as some kind of a tribute to Metallica. If you want to say that it's a bad song. It's not.

sure was a lot of tributes on that album.. but yes it's also a bad song.. if they wanted to do a tribute they should've just covered the song instead of making a shittier version of it

10 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

NWA?  That wouldn't surprise me and would be my personal pick, but they haven't even officially re-formed yet or decided who would take Eazy's role.  

I'm not claiming to know.  It is who I think should be there.  

2 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

I'm not claiming to know.  It is who I think should be there.  

Ah!  Damn I thought you had some scoop and maybe you do but my sly attempt at gathering info failed haha!  N.W.A  would be excellent!

24 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Didn't Axl want NWA to open in '91? 

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Id be cool with Alter Bridge, Smashing Pumpkins, Royal Blood, Avenged Sevenfold, The Darkness,or Soundgarden

Edit- a newer group like The Black Keys, The Strokes, Cage the Elephant, or Arctic Monkees could be rad too

You don't want Pumpkins...worst live band ever.  I like the rest of your list though!

Couldn't get more fitting than Skid Row, but that doesn't seem likely. Not sure Baz and the gang would ever even talk to each other about it at this point, but how great would that be for a "Not In This Lifetime" tour?

I got this in my email today......Aug 5 is the GNR concert here in Houston...  When you click on tickets, you have to buy GNR tickets so I'm assuming Slash is opening for himself?  Strange.

Hello Kevin!
Your Weekly Update April 13th

Just Announced

5653805.jpeg
Slash

NRG Stadium - Houston, TX
Fri, Aug 05, 2016

Interested

Tickets

Going

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ktex said:

I got this in my email today......Aug 5 is the GNR concert here in Houston...  When you click on tickets, you have to buy GNR tickets so I'm assuming Slash is opening for himself?  Strange.

Hello Kevin!
Your Weekly Update April 13th

Just Announced

5653805.jpeg
Slash

NRG Stadium - Houston, TX
Fri, Aug 05, 2016

Interested

Tickets

Going

Looks like we get to see Slash twice in one night!!

I am willing to bet alot of the shows that are selling badly are going to have some local favorites to try and fill the places, like I wouldn't be surprised to see some big country acts in a place like Nashville or Atlanta, Seattle I am sure is going to have Alice in Chains and possibly another band to help the sales

Actually the Nashville show would make perfect since to have a huge country act open. You would be surprised at the big country stars that cite GNR as a major influence, Jason Aldean, Carrie Underwood , etc... The Stones played Nashville last summer and had Brad Paisley open! Come to think of it Jason Aldean would be the perfect opener, his band is killer and are more rock sounding than country, he has actually covered GNR in the past!

13 hours ago, Original said:

Saw that too in the Chicago thread.  I don't think that's right.  

Yeah, I think people are understanding that wrong. I follow Rich Robinson on bandsintown for example and whenever The Black Crowes were in town, I'd get an alert that Rich Robinson would be in concert at the same venue, the same night as The Black Crowes. Rich never opened for his own band, he was just playing in concert there that night WITH The Black Crowes, so bandsintown sent out an alert. The same thing happened because he's playing with Bad Company this summer.