Opener for Summer N.A. Tour?

4 minutes ago, starlight said:

please close this thread before it's too late

Why close the thread? It's a report. She absolutely would help sell tickets however it might not be pro GNR fans buying up the rest of the tickets I wouldn't rule out the possibility of their being two opening acts. 

17 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

She's a big fan and a friend of the band, but is she a big enough name to bring along on a stadium tour to help sell tickets?

EDIT: Just saw what they're basing the rumor on. A ton of celebrities and friends of the band have their own 2016 Tour jackets (Sean Penn, Owen Wilson, Kim Kardashian, etc). While Lana is the only musician I've seen with one, I doubt that means she's going to be the support act for the tour.

Kim Kardashian? Please, tell me you're joking and she has absolutely no involvement whatsoever in the GNR circles...

Just rumor based off of some dumbass fans Instagram post. Just because Lana tags "guns n roses 2016 tour" doesn't mean she's opening for GNR. And frankly I don't know if her style is even relevant. Any modern rock band from 3 doors down to nickelback to a day to remember to pop evil would STILL qualify to open for GNR before Lana Del Rey 

Just now, Billsfan said:

Just rumor based off of some dumbass fans Instagram post. Just because Lana tags "guns n roses 2016 tour" doesn't mean she's opening for GNR. And frankly I don't know if her style is even relevant. Any modern rock band from 3 doors down to nickelback to a day to remember to pop evil would STILL qualify to open for GNR before Lana Del Rey 

I'd choose Lana over any of those bands lol 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

I'd choose Lana over any of those bands lol 

That's absolutely crazy. This is rock n roll not most dangerous band getting opened up by most creepy/crazy chick with horrid music that is really only getting attention for doing remixes with the likes of Calvin Harris and avicii. Those rock bands are better...  Just because she's a hott chick doesn't make her any more qualified

Edited by Billsfan

Food for thought.. Here's a quote from rolling stone not insanely long ago.

She's seen the current Guns N' Roses lineup many times, in multiple countries  – which is why she was once spotted hanging out with Axl Rose in L.A. 

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/18-things-you-learn-after-two-long-days-with-lana-del-rey-20140724#ixzz46C3hIsa4 
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

"I love Guns N' Roses," she says. "Axl is perfect. He's exactly what I thought he would be. He's an inspiration. He goes onstage for three-and-a-half hours every night, you know? He doesn't get tired. It's amazing. Stamina. Courtney Love is like that, too. I saw her at the Troubadour a few months ago. She's just still killing it."

Courtney love did open for Lana on her tour last summer, so considering she's mentioning her and Axl in a similar context this could be a hint of her mindset In regards to who she likes touring with.. 

-- in past tours she's included a cover of KOHD with her even singing the Axl "hay hay hay hay"s. 

.... And everyone knows about the songs "Axl rose husband" and "guns and roses".

i think there is a clear connection. I saw lana on opening of night of her tour in Vegas a few years back and I was front row wearing a GNR shirt and she absolutely spotted it and had a reaction/acknowledgement like she was caught off guard by it. 

i hope this happens as it would be a dream ticket for me. If it does happen I bet she was the main instigator of the whole thing.  Super psyched today!! 

axl is sounding amazing imo, they brought back coma, lana might open!!! This reunion thing just keeps getting better and better. 

Edited by bched

47 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

She's a big fan and a friend of the band, but is she a big enough name to bring along on a stadium tour to help sell tickets?

EDIT: Just saw what they're basing the rumor on. A ton of celebrities and friends of the band have their own 2016 Tour jackets (Sean Penn, Owen Wilson, Kim Kardashian, etc). While Lana is the only musician I've seen with one, I doubt that means she's going to be the support act for the tour.

Oh my fucking god... Kim Kardashian i hate Axl everyday more and more but i just can't be mad i know he is crazy. And pretty sure they are Axl's friends not friends of band.

In this particular case I can't really blame the NME for not doing more research into this. That jacket does make it look like she's involved with the tour.

And who would think a rock band would be passing out monogrammed tour jackets to their celebrity pals. It's really kinda douchey.

• Like 1

It's really unlikely to happen. I personally would love it, her music is great. But it would probably be a bit rough for her as a big part of the audience will be old sleazy uncles who were cool 20 years ago and now care only about beer and loud guitars and drums. 

• Like 2