Opener for Summer N.A. Tour?

Mike Dirnt from Green Day was also in attendance in Vegas, it's all over his Instagram.  I don't think it would be particularly "mind blowing" if Green Day opened, and certainly no real scheduling conflicts.  They are supposed to have an album out in the fall, and it could be a good leadup to that. 

Foo Fighters I agree would be too big, but Green Day aren't as huge as they used to be

Edited by ironicninja

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 9:36 PM, Draguns said:

I say Halestorm! Lizzy Hale can rock out. Plus she's hot!

Freaking love them.  Got to meet them after a show in Texas. Very friendly to fans.

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 9:56 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

Didnt Duffs band open up for GNR at some point? Would be fucking sick if Slash did the same with SMKC

That might be the best way to bring Steven Adler on board.  Let his own band open for GNR (as long as they stick to original songs) and then join later on stage for a few guest spots.  VR did that with Izzy a couple of times I think.

• Like 1

I love Alice in Chains, but Jerry described their chemistry with Guns the best:

Alice In Chains and Guns N’ Roses go together like a punch in the neck and a kick to the crotch.

Unless AlterBridge are about to cancel their entire summer tour, I don't see how Myles could be involved in opening for GN'R.

At this point, I'm still guessing there won't be an opener. 

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Unless AlterBridge are about to cancel their entire summer tour, I don't see how Myles could be involved in opening for GN'R.

At this point, I'm still guessing there won't be an opener. 

I don't know man... KC tickets say 8:00. No way in hell GnR takes the stage before dark imo... I'll be shocked if there's no opener of some sort...

Foo Fighters are the only Vegas attendees that really make sense - would explain how Axl got Grohl's throne so fast too. I'm not a huge Foo fan, but I'd see them for free (aka as an opener).

Also makes sense: have an opener that can play a 1-1.5hr set in a stadium and not bore the crowd so that Axl can show up whenever the hell he wants without getting criticized.

38 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I don't know man... KC tickets say 8:00. No way in hell GnR takes the stage before dark imo... I'll be shocked if there's no opener of some sort...

Detroit tickets say 830. I'm honestly guessing GNR will be on stage by like 915 for these shows. 

8 hours ago, Inglorious said:

San Diego tickets say 7:00pm. The sun wont even have begun setting yet. Way too early, even for me.

Someone suggested that some cities will have openers and others won't. Maybe that's the deal?